The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

Kings Catch All - 6

3 minutes ago, wataduk said:

oops sorry, hope I didn't ruin it for you.

Nah, it's LA, I'm barely conscious. 

I agree with your assessment, Tampa was buzzing and LA looked a step behind through the two periods I've seen thus far. Tbh, with the way Kopi has been playing this season, I'm not sure his absence really mattered much. 

LA is 6th from the bottom with only 12 regulation wins through over half the season (!), Anaheim is 6th best with 21... the 3v3 gimmick is keeping them in a wildcard spot, crazy.

4 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

LA is 6th from the bottom with only 12 regulation wins through over half the season (!), Anaheim is 6th best with 21... the 3v3 gimmick is keeping them in a wildcard spot, crazy.

I hate this, so much. Even if the Ducks were fifty-fifty thanks to the hosertime, that would be an extra four wins, and LA could suck on the heels of our skates. :wacko:

3 minutes ago, Drake12 said:

I hate this, so much. Even if the Ducks were fifty-fifty thanks to the hosertime, that would be an extra four wins, and LA could suck on the heels of our skates. :wacko:

+1 for "hosertime". 

Don't dislike the Sharks nearly as much as I dislike the Kings, but I still never know who to pull for when they play each other...

On a different note, I think it can be argued that Burns is the best player in the NHl this season thus far... 19 goals in 45 games has him pacing for 35.

2 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Don't dislike the Sharks nearly as much as I dislike the Kings, but I still never know who to pull for when they play each other...

On a different note, I think it can be argued that Burns is the best player in the NHl this season thus far... 19 goals in 45 games has him pacing for 35.

I usually just hope for a bench clearing brawl resulting in groin pulls for several players on both sides.
Except Burnsy.....love that dude.

Funny but if you ask a King's fan they will tell you that they detest the Sharks and look at the Ducks as more of an annoyance.

2 hours ago, ZTHER said:

It's nuts. He's just so unique. To think he played as a top line forward just recently and now he's making a Norris push. I'm with wata, I just can't not like Burns, he's so goofy and talented, one of the few Sharks I'll give the Kopi-pass to. 

Wild traded him for Coyle and Setoguchi... :lol::lol:

12 hours ago, AustinDuck27 said:

It's nuts. He's just so unique. To think he played as a top line forward just recently and now he's making a Norris push. I'm with wata, I just can't not like Burns, he's so goofy and talented, one of the few Sharks I'll give the Kopi-pass to. 

Wild traded him for Coyle and Setoguchi... :lol::lol:

Liked for content and 'Kopi-pass'. 

Burns is one of those guys the league should be marketing if they want to make hockey relevant outside of the diehards like us.

23 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Liked for content and 'Kopi-pass'. 

Burns is one of those guys the league should be marketing if they want to make hockey relevant outside of the diehards like us.

No, despite his divisive reputation, the NHL will just continue to shove Sidney Crosby down our throats.

3 hours ago, wataduk said:

No, despite his divisive reputation, the NHL will just continue to shove Sidney Crosby down our throats.

When they're not shoving McJeebus down our throats? At this point I prefer Crosby to him in the same way that I prefer the Guppies to the Pretenders.

6 minutes ago, Drake12 said:

When they're not shoving McJeebus down our throats? At this point I prefer Crosby to him in the same way that I prefer the Guppies to the Pretenders.

The difference for me is that I like McDavid, he doesn't whine and sniffle like Crysby, the kid has a tougher attitude. 

The filthy Kings are now outside of the playoff picture looking in, and currently down 1-0 to the Islanders. LOL Kings.

That's a bummer. I like Bob Miller. And his son comes to a bar I frequent. 

It's criminal that they've paired Bob with the fox for as many years as they have. He's always been one of the best in the business and is easily the most likeable part of their entire organization. 

CapFriendly Retweeted Elliotte Friedman

Tom Gilbert on waivers today. If he clears & is assigned to the #AHL, the #Kings will gain an additional $353,611 in prorated cap space.

CapFriendly added,

Elliotte Friedman @FriedgeHNIC

Barberio (MON) & Gilbert (LA) on waivers

CapFriendly ‏@CapFriendly  7m7 minutes ago

More

#Kings are quietly building up cap space. They currently have $6.89M in deadline space, which could go up to $8.48M if Gilbert is assigned.

4 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Tom Gilbert on waivers today. If he clears & is assigned to the #AHL, the #Kings will gain an additional $353,611 in prorated cap space.

CapFriendly added,

More

#Kings are quietly building up cap space. They currently have $6.89M in deadline space, which could go up to $8.48M if Gilbert is assigned.

Give Lombardi a nail and he will bite off the entire arm...or find a way to dump Dustin Brown somewhere.

6 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

CapFriendly added,

More

But on their website Capfriendly has them with $5.318M of deadline space? I don't know where the extra $1.5M is coming from.

They also have Quick on LTIR so when he returns that will affect their cap space.

1 hour ago, nieder said:

But on their website Capfriendly has them with $5.318M of deadline space? I don't know where the extra $1.5M is coming from.

They also have Quick on LTIR so when he returns that will affect their cap space.

If Gilbert clears or gets picked up? His salary is $1.4M.

When I looked at the Kings' cap, it just really burned me to see Mike Richards at $1,32M. Lombardi dodged a bullet on that and the NHL told helped him do it.

1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

When I looked at the Kings' cap, it just really burned me to see Mike Richards at $1,32M. Lombardi dodged a bullet on that and the NHL told helped him do it.

I want to say that surprised me. But this League had Pronger as part of the Department of Player Safety. Which is all kinds of hilarious irony. Yet the biggest joke is he still technically a player. Not playing as the League let Philly and Arizona circumvent the integrity of the system put in place to prevent such nonsense. 

Just now, DuckFan4Life said:

It helps when you're a major media market marquee franchise like those bums. We'd get hosed worth than New Jersey did on Kovalchuk.

2 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Agreed. What a hose job.

3-0 Kings over Colorado...

Av's easily the worst team in the league this year.

4 hours ago, ZTHER said:

It's weird that there were times in 1999 or 2000 when beating that star-studded roster of Sakic, Hejduk, Forsberg and Roy with a score of 2-1 was a major achievement for our Mighty Ducks. Oh, low have COL fallen.

Come to think of it, Devils too, were a powerhouse and look at them now.

20 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Pathetic, maybe the worst team in the last decade. What a mess that organization is right now. 

28 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Pathetic, maybe the worst team in the last decade. What a mess that organization is right now. 

I dunno, until the Oil make the playoffs, they still hold the record for longest standing drought and my award for biggest dusters. But Colorado's been a steaming pile of dookie for quite some time-see concussions: Ducks, inflicted by.

Los Angeles Kings goalie Jonathan Quick practiced in full gear Thursday, the latest step in his recovery from a groin injury sustained in the first period of the first game of the season.

There was no update on when Quick might be able to play again. General manager Dean Lombardi said in December the target was mid-February. Quick is traveling with the Kings on a four-game Eastern road trip.

"It's the timeline we set, it's dead on," coach Darryl Sutter said. "This'll be 11-12 weeks, and he'd be skating prior to Feb. 1, and he'd be in full gear Feb. 1, and he is."