The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PetrSykora

2016-17 NHL Season Thread

8 hours ago, poum said:

Wow, Granlund did the best in that situation to protect him. Albeit a very poor situation, I don't think he had a better option. The goalie helped nudge people away but it was still danger close. Sbisa is an idiot. Nothing new. 

I see where what I said came off as accusatory toward Granlund. Poor sentence construction, mea culpa. He, along with Markstrom, definitely kept it from getting worse. 

And I giggled reading 'danger close'. Reminded me of a scene in Generation Kill involving an incompetent CO.

1 hour ago, Drake12 said:

I see where what I said came off as accusatory toward Granlund. Poor sentence construction, mea culpa. He, along with Markstrom, definitely kept it from getting worse. 

And I giggled reading 'danger close'. Reminded me of a scene in Generation Kill involving an incompetent CO.

I got what you meant. 

And uh... Somone may or may not have been watching Gen Kill recently and using some military terms.

Man, that was a lot of dumb. The Nucks player deciding to jump Hall and start a scrum, just inches from Larsen, for a clean hit, was the biggest bonehead IMO. Good on Granlund and especially the Nucks goalie for protecting the poor guy. Any one of those idiots in the scrum could have fallen on the dude's head or neck.

Any status update?

2 hours ago, poum said:

I got what you meant. 

And uh... Somone may or may not have been watching Gen Kill recently and using some military terms.

Generation Kill is one of my favorite shows ever, I really should read the book already. 

2 hours ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Man, that was a lot of dumb. The Nucks player deciding to jump Hall and start a scrum, just inches from Larsen, for a clean hit, was the biggest bonehead IMO. Good on Granlund and especially the Nucks goalie for protecting the poor guy. Any one of those idiots in the scrum could have fallen on the dude's head or neck.

Any status update?

Released from hospital, as per the league website. 

Just now, Drake12 said:

Generation Kill is one of my favorite shows ever, I really should read the book already. 

Released from hospital, as per the league website. 

Good to know, thx. I did try to look for myself, before anyone calls me lazy (which I am). :P

The Devils are on a roll these days

At least Palms was able to protect himself from all the incoming skates I guess. Price shanking him with the blocker is a whole different story. 

4 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

At least Palms was able to protect himself from all the incoming skates I guess. Price shanking him with the blocker is a whole different story. 

Wow I never knew Price was such a punk. That said, filthy dirt is in the Devils' DNA, luckily Kariya was able to go from the floor to the board, but how Scotty was even on that team for so long is beyond me...

Hahaha just saw Quick flip out on Palms on Sports Center. What a turd. 

14 minutes ago, nieder said:

ESPN showed hockey!?

I guess poker highlights weren't available.

14 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Petry-punk. Price-punk. 

I did like that Ben Lovejoy was the one who actually pushed Price off of Palms. 

And Tavares...sick.

So, I feel better about GMBM right now after hearing about the Clutterbuck deal, he's no Garth Snow.

Lol at Gretzky commending McDavid for acting like a total douche against the Flyers. Last year he almost looked like he wanted to apologize to Philly for getting injured in their barn. It's amazing what bringing in guys like Maroon and Lucic can do to your fake tough confidence though. Just ask Wayne. 

52 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Lol at Gretzky commending McDavid for acting like a total douche against the Flyers. Last year he almost looked like he wanted to apologize to Philly for getting injured in their barn. It's amazing what bringing in guys like Maroon and Lucic can do to your fake tough confidence though. Just ask Wayne. 

Hey! Don't lump Patty in with the Prehistoric Proboscis! The latter belongs with hack-job artists like Kassian. 

Until McDavid puts up any of the following, he's just good rather than being one of the annointed. 110+ pts a season. 50+ goals a season. A Stanley Cup title (not the 2 Crosby and Malkin have, not the 2 Kopitar has, not the 3 that Toews has, a single championship). He's on pace for 104 points over an 82 game season right now-33 G, 71 A. 169th among centres in FO%-41.9%. Getz has played 25 games, he's got 20 apples. McD's played 30, got 26 apples. Draisaitl has 13 goals to McDavid's 12, and a 52% FO%. Crosby's played 9 fewer games, has eight more goals, and is scoring at six goals every seven games clip. 

I'm tired of the Oilers, I'm tired of their propaganda machine, I'm especially annoyed that the league tried its damnedest to make them great again. Here endeth the ranting.

8 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Hey! Don't lump Patty in with the Prehistoric Proboscis! The latter belongs with hack-job artists like Kassian. 

Until McDavid puts up any of the following, he's just good rather than being one of the annointed. 110+ pts a season. 50+ goals a season. A Stanley Cup title (not the 2 Crosby and Malkin have, not the 2 Kopitar has, not the 3 that Toews has, a single championship). He's on pace for 104 points over an 82 game season right now-33 G, 71 A. 169th among centres in FO%-41.9%. Getz has played 25 games, he's got 20 apples. McD's played 30, got 26 apples. Draisaitl has 13 goals to McDavid's 12, and a 52% FO%. Crosby's played 9 fewer games, has eight more goals, and is scoring at six goals every seven games clip. 

I'm tired of the Oilers, I'm tired of their propaganda machine, I'm especially annoyed that the league tried its damnedest to make them great again. Here endeth the ranting.

Damn Drake you put a little tea o'joy in my eye with that rant.

I approve this message.

Anyone have a link or know how to vote for the All Star game?
Trying to vote from my laptop and all it will let me do is vote for a captain in each division.

Hahaha wow the Avalanche are a damn mess.

Montreal loses 10-0 to Columbus, beats Colorado 10-1 and yet they're still one of the most boring teams ever. This sport is weird. 

Ha! Last I saw it was 9-1 with a fair amount of time left. Glad they got double digits. That's hilarious. 

Gretzky literally compared McDavid to himself, Lemieux and Crosby. Obviously he's probably going to be up there when all is said and done. But I still find that comparison rather ridiculous at this point in his career. 

Of course Gretzky backed McDavid though, he would back Raffi Torres if he played for the Oilers. 

21 hours ago, wataduk said:

Anyone have a link or know how to vote for the All Star game?
Trying to vote from my laptop and all it will let me do is vote for a captain in each division.

That's all you can vote for. 

1 hour ago, nieder said:

That's all you can vote for. 

:wacko::huh::unsure:

You're kidding?

Way to keep the fans involved, NHL.

On 12/10/2016 at 8:02 AM, ZTHER said:

Damn Drake you put a little tea o'joy in my eye with that rant.

I approve this message.

Thanks for the tip of the hat, I get a little punchy when tired and thought I'd gone a tad too far. Apparently not.

23 hours ago, nieder said:

Gretzky literally compared McDavid to himself, Lemieux and Crosby. Obviously he's probably going to be up there when all is said and done. But I still find that comparison rather ridiculous at this point in his career. 

Of course Gretzky backed McDavid though, he would back Raffi Torres if he played for the Oilers. 

Compared to various hall of fame pivots, he's got a long way to go, say fifteen years, minimum. After all, Gretzky and Lemieux, along with Beliveau, were deemed so wicked awesome the HHOF waiting period was tossed out the window. Then you throw in champions like Trottier, Messier, Yzerman. Comparison is null and void at this juncture of McDavid's career.

Gretzky's fanboying over the Oilers organization is perplexing at best, ludicrous at its worst. 

22 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Thanks for the tip of the hat, I get a little punchy when tired and thought I'd gone a tad too far. Apparently not.

Compared to various hall of fame pivots, he's got a long way to go, say fifteen years, minimum. After all, Gretzky and Lemieux, along with Beliveau, were deemed so wicked awesome the HHOF waiting period was tossed out the window. Then you throw in champions like Trottier, Messier, Yzerman. Comparison is null and void at this juncture of McDavid's career.

Gretzky's fanboying over the Oilers organization is perplexing at best, ludicrous at its worst. 

It gets worse where I live. Im from Gretzkys hometown, and their is a lot of craze for him and the oilers everywhere. Walter G even has his own parking space by the community center haha. But the Gretzkys are nice genuine people. I went to school with his nephew, and when I was like 7 I was even babysat by the great one himself. And when my family returned the favour, Wayne gifted us with....an autographed photo of himself as an oiler.. Haha. Ya, it gets outta hand, and deserving of the label 'perplexing" ?

Serious ouch here, but he came back to the bench. Really have to wonder about what guys are wearing between elbow pads and gloves these days. 

I was just about to rip into the Canucks for retiring freaking Mattias Ohlund's number but it seems as if they're simply doing that thing Toronto used to do where they honour the player with a banner instead of actually retiring the number. Their organization has been on a mission to undo the significance of a number retirement recently so can you blame me? 

6 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

I was just about to rip into the Canucks for retiring freaking Mattias Ohlund's number but it seems as if they're simply doing that thing Toronto used to do where they honour the player with a banner instead of actually retiring the number. Their organization has been on a mission to undo the significance of a number retirement recently so can you blame me? 

Number retiring needs to be held to all time greats... the Selanne's and Sexton's...