The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PetrSykora

2016-17 NHL Season Thread

Lol this Leafs-Red Wings alumni game is ridiculous. Leave it to Draper to start slashing up retirees in a friendly game. Leave it to Draper to bank in the last minute game winner off an illegal slapshot. Stay stupid Red Wings <_<

On another note, Lidstrom and Chelios didn't even look like they were trying and they could probably still walk right onto this year's Joke Wings lineup. I'm glad we're never gonna have to hear about that streak ever again after this season. 

4 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Lol this Leafs-Red Wings alumni game is ridiculous. Leave it to Draper to start slashing up retirees in a friendly game. Leave it to Draper to bank in the last minute game winner off an illegal slapshot. Stay stupid Red Wings <_<

On another note, Lidstrom and Chelios didn't even look like they were trying and they could probably still walk right onto this year's Joke Wings lineup. I'm glad we're never gonna have to hear about that streak ever again after this season. 

Ah, but we did get this out of it all. Lanny McDonald up to his hijinks!

https://www.nhl.com/news/maple-leafs-lanny-mcdonald-crashes-red-wings-photo/c-285197702

Also, you can watch the CBJ-MIN game for free using our board logins, still got better than half the game to go. This is a fantastic matchup.

5 minutes ago, Drake12 said:

Ah, but we did get this out of it all. Lanny McDonald up to his hijinks!

https://www.nhl.com/news/maple-leafs-lanny-mcdonald-crashes-red-wings-photo/c-285197702

Also, you can watch the CBJ-MIN game for free using our board logins, still got better than half the game to go. This is a fantastic matchup.

Yep, enjoying my free watch as we speak. Never thought I'd ever write this, but... this Wild-Jackets game is a fun one to watch. What a time to be alive. 

Ha! Jackets score as I'm typing, then score again! 3 - zip.

How do we get an Atkinson, we need one.

5 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Yep, enjoying my free watch as we speak. Never thought I'd ever write this, but... this Wild-Jackets game is a fun one to watch. What a time to be alive. 

****How do we get an Atkinson, we need one.****

I was just thinking that after seeing him put himself in the right spot at the right time-again. And this Columbus passing, damn, tape-to-tape, all day long.

Wild on the board, classic Bruce team, watch them come storming back.

Tbh, I expected more of a goalie duel, like a 1 or 2 goal game, surprised we've seen 4 scored already.

16 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

How do we get an Atkinson, we need one.

2016 saved it's craziest act for last

4-1  CBJ is scary right now.

S. Jones >  R. Johansen

Show of hands, who saw Torts leading an NHL team to anything good this season? Apparently we missed out on him, go figure.

14 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

4-1  CBJ is scary right now.

S. Jones >  R. Johansen

Show of hands, who saw Torts leading an NHL team to anything good this season? Apparently we missed out on him, go figure.

Didn't see it, but when you think about it, if GMBM wanted an old school coach, do you really get more so than Torts?

Just now, Drake12 said:

Didn't see it, but when you think about it, if GMBM wanted an old school coach, do you really get more so than Torts?

Plus, we would have had the added bonus of a Torts-Gulutzan hallway fight the other night in Calgary. 

I'm so glad someone was able to rescue Jones from that trash team. He's gonna be a star.

Wild score right out the gate. This is gonna be a good period.

19 minutes ago, Drake12 said:

We did. We got an RC.

Dubnyk and Bobrovsky. These are the goalies? I'm so glad this is the last day 2016 can troll me. 

I want the Jackets to win the next three and pass the Pens and their 17 game w streak. The BJ's face the Avs, then the Yotes twice, I can't see them losing those. They have a pretty soft schedule in general the next couple weeks, they might really clean up. 

14 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

I want the Jackets to win the next three and pass the Pens and their 17 game w streak. The BJ's face the Avs, then the Yotes twice, I can't see them losing those. They have a pretty soft schedule in general the next couple weeks, they might really clean up. 

I think they have the Oilers this week.
That should be a good one.

23 minutes ago, wataduk said:

I think they have the Oilers this week.
That should be a good one.

Ah, right. I keep forgetting the Oil can beat teams now. Life moves so fast.

1 hour ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Ah, right. I keep forgetting the Oil can beat teams now. Life moves so fast.

10 years fast...

So this is a game that's supposed to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the league featuring two of the oldest teams in North American sports.. Why are they dressed like this is some minor league Hurricanes and Lightning game?

Also, Polak is soo bad I hope the Sharts trade for him at the deadline again.

Kept thinking it was odd for Babcock to have all of his toddlers out there to close out the last minute of the game, and as expected they give up two goals. Seeing Detroit pull some last minute goal crap like that reminds me of why I still hate that franchise, glad they lost in OT. Matthews is living up to the hype, seizing big moments like that reminds me of young Sid (not saying he is Sid). Toronto has a lot to like on the front end, just oozing young talent. 

For Detroit, Mantha caught my eye, he'd make a fine trade target. Funny thing is, many figured a Detroit-Anaheim trade of a defenseman for a forward made too much sense not to happen this summer. We have d-men to spare and they were stacked with forwards (cap issues for both teams made a trade less likely though). Yet we are struggling defensively and they are having trouble scoring goals. Weird. 

5 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

So this is a game that's supposed to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the league featuring two of the oldest teams in North American sports.. Why are they dressed like this is some minor league Hurricanes and Lightning game?

Also, Polak is soo bad I hope the Sharts trade for him at the deadline again.

It was difficult to tell what was a Red Wing and what was a face off dot.

10 hours ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Kept thinking it was odd for Babcock to have all of his toddlers out there to close out the last minute of the game, and as expected they give up two goals. Seeing Detroit pull some last minute goal crap like that reminds me of why I still hate that franchise, glad they lost in OT. Matthews is living up to the hype, seizing big moments like that reminds me of young Sid (not saying he is Sid). Toronto has a lot to like on the front end, just oozing young talent. 

For Detroit, Mantha caught my eye, he'd make a fine trade target. Funny thing is, many figured a Detroit-Anaheim trade of a defenseman for a forward made too much sense not to happen this summer. We have d-men to spare and they were stacked with forwards (cap issues for both teams made a trade less likely though). Yet we are struggling defensively and they are having trouble scoring goals. Weird. 

Mantha is scoring at a 35 goal per season clip. Kid looks legit.

Question is who are you willing to give up?

But getting rid of a contracted players makes sense with the draft coming up but doesn't if we wanna win 

11 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Mantha is scoring at a 35 goal per season clip. Kid looks legit.

Have to think he's pretty untouchable at this point. Not sure what it would take to get him in trade, but I'm pretty sure I won't like it lol.

Jackets win again. They will tie the NHL record winning streak with 17 if they beat the Capitals in Washington on Thursday. Will take the record if they beat the Rangers in Columbus on Saturday.

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Maroon just got himself a hat trick for Edmonton. And, he fought Chara.

And a apple... Gordie Howe Hat Trick w/ a suicide wish on the side...