The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hoxxey

Perry. What's wrong/???

On 1/31/2017 at 1:23 PM, dtsdlaw said:

I think everyone around the league would acknowledge that. But we also have to be honest and acknowledge that Perry invites much of the abuse through his own antics. I get annoyed when the calls aren't made against him too. But in the back of my mind, whenever I see someone abusing him with no call, I also can't help but wonder what Perry said or did to deserve it. I would be that 99% of the time he probably did something.

Missed this earlier.

I'd kill to have some uncensored mic'd up Perry for a few games. No doubt he's asking for it. 

I almost came scrambling over to this thread from the gdt after Coburn tried to break his wrist, it supported my post/rant so perfectly. Then the refs reluctantly called it five minutes later, after he had to go try to fight the guy. 

4 hours ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Missed this earlier.

I'd kill to have some uncensored mic'd up Perry for a few games. No doubt he's asking for it. 

I almost came scrambling over to this thread from the gdt after Coburn tried to break his wrist, it supported my post/rant so perfectly. Then the refs reluctantly called it five minutes later, after he had to go try to fight the guy. 

It's retaliation that gets the penalties, right?  So THAT is what Perry is getting people to do by yapping at them - yes, he's "asking for it" but that is the game being played.  The other players don't like it, so they hit him illegally, yet the refs swallow the whistle more often than not which is not the way it is supposed to go.  It sux.  So, if Perry gets hit and he hits back, he gets a penalty because the refs hate him,  and I hope that his hit did some lasting damage since it's an unfair world otherwise.

12 hours ago, ritz10hock said:

14 of Perry's 26 assists are primary assists, so technically that's not true. 

Technically no, but I can remember at least three of those primary assists that hit some part of Perry and then ricocheted to the goal-scorer.  We can debate how much credit Perry deserves for those for being in the right place, but I don't think Perry has turned into a good passer all of a sudden.  At best, he's still drawing defenders which gives guys like Rakell more space.

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

Technically no, but I can remember at least three of those primary assists that hit some part of Perry and then ricocheted to the goal-scorer.  We can debate how much credit Perry deserves for those for being in the right place, but I don't think Perry has turned into a good passer all of a sudden.  At best, he's still drawing defenders which gives guys like Rakell more space.

I guess that was more my point. To those who think Perry is suddenly becoming a Grade-A passer, that isn't what I've seen. 

7 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Didn't say he was a special passer. But saying a majority of his assists this year are secondary isn't correct. About 2/3 of his assists since 07-08 (as far back as corsica keeps track) are primary assists, believe it or not. 

Perry should be a healthy scratch for the next game and perhaps game after that too.

Yet again Perry was utter crapola,he doesn't hit,doesn't block shots,doesn't back check,loses puck battles and pucks

and now he doesn't even get shots on goal anymore,ergo score goals.

1 frigging 5 on 5 goal in his last,what? 26,27 games,with 4 assists

can't score goals when you throw 1.5 shots per game Corey!.

Starting to wonder if he wants to be traded, Maybe he wasn't as happy about Carlyle's return as the Duck's front  office would have us believe.  Whatever is going on with him, it is more than a slump. If he is injured then put him on the IR and let the guy heal. It's not like he is contributing points and would be missed. 

If he is unhappy and playing with minimum effort to make a point, then he needs to man up an honor his contract.  

Murray needs to address this. The team is running out of race track and they have several teams capable of catching them in the standings and knocking them out of a playoff spot. 

27 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

Starting to wonder if he wants to be traded, Maybe he wasn't as happy about Carlyle's return as the Duck's front  office would have us believe.  Whatever is going on with him, it is more than a slump. If he is injured then put him on the IR and let the guy heal. It's not like he is contributing points and would be missed. 

If he is unhappy and playing with minimum effort to make a point, then he needs to man up an honor his contract.  

Murray needs to address this. The team is running out of race track and they have several teams capable of catching them in the standings and knocking them out of a playoff spot. 

I think giving him the Jake Allen treatment might help. Scratch him for s few games if he's hurt, lets him rest up and heal, if he's having mental issues, get him some time to fix it. 

‪http://m.ocregister.com/articles/perry-743555-going-carlyle.html‬ 

just read through this. It really does seem he's trying to find his way back, and it's really difficult to really pinpoint what's going on. I just have a hard time believing his skill level regressed this far. Especially because he has moments where he makes a move inside and it's shades of the Perry we know and love. Cmon PearBear as a fan and a guy who's loved you since I could remember I believe in you.

I can't get it to link, but Stephens tweeted it 

4 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

just read through this. It really does seem he's trying to find his way back, and it's really difficult to really pinpoint what's going on. I just have a hard time believing his skill level regressed this far. Especially because he has moments where he makes a move inside and it's shades of the Perry we know and love. Cmon PearBear as a fan and a guy who's loved you since I could remember I believe in you.

I'm encouraged by Perry's attitude. I like that he is open about it and acknowledges there is a problem instead of giving the standard " I just have to play through it"  answer as if it isn't a serious concern.

6 hours ago, Sexlaf15 said:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/perry-743555-going-carlyle.html

6 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

I'm encouraged by Perry's attitude. I like that he is open about it and acknowledges there is a problem instead of giving the standard " I just have to play through it"  answer as if it isn't a serious concern.

Gives me a better feeling about Perry - he recognizes the problem and is trying to work through it. Also sounds like RC recognizes the issue and is also trying to work through it. I believe that CP will get out of his FUNK AND START SCORING AGAIN. IMHO

3 minutes ago, DUCKSDOC said:

Gives me a better feeling about Perry - he recognizes the problem and is trying to work through it. Also sounds like RC recognizes the issue and is also trying to work through it. I believe that CP will get out of his FUNK AND START SCORING AGAIN. IMHO

Yeah it really explains why they're not benching him - they see that he is putting in the good work, extra work. He's responsive, admits his fault and is working to fix it. I feel better about the whole situation all of a sudden.

It just seems this year that nothing is coming easy and it's taken it's toll on bus confidence. It's like he doesn't want the puck most times and that's strange for us to see. I'm confident it'll start coming back for him. 

7 hours ago, Aksun said:

Great article, nice to have everything put on the table like that. Love Perry, he's gd painful to watch this season, but man that article leaves me feeling like he might just be done. I was hoping a nagging injury or personal issue might be going on, but now it sounds like he, and everyone around him, are all doing and saying the right things but just not getting results. I hope that's not the case or this team is in for a rough ride.

I asked before where the agitator, sneaky dirty pest had gone, and he even mentioned the need to go back to that. Who knows, maybe he needs that to feed off of for motivation. I've always said that he and Getzy play better when they are playing with a chippy edge. Otherwise, they skate around the ice like they are in an Allstar game. That Dallas series a couple seasons back is a prime example. When I don't see that from them, it feels like they are just going through the motions, particularly Perry. Obviously that alone probably doesn't solve it, but any little thing to make Perry's impact more noticeable is a plus.

Most former NHL players will tell you that it is the hands that go first and not the legs.
Since CP10 never really had great wheels to begin with...can we assume that he is losing his hands?
Hope not.
That was one factor that I always considered when sizing up the remaining term of his contract. I just figured....hey, if he loses a step....who cares?
BUT, if he loses his hands......well......that could be game over ORRRRRRRRRRRRR he might need to reinvent himself and turn into more of a facilitator. We have already kind of seen a glimpse of that this season.

Anyway, gotta run to my neighborhood 7-11 to buy 10 bags of Cheetos. Hoping to find a "Harambe The Gorilla" shaped Cheeto that I can sell on Ebay for $100K.
Wish me luck.

18 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Great article, nice to have everything put on the table like that. Love Perry, he's gd painful to watch this season, but man that article leaves me feeling like he might just be done. I was hoping a nagging injury or personal issue might be going on, but now it sounds like he, and everyone around him, are all doing and saying the right things but just not getting results. I hope that's not the case or this team is in for a rough ride.

I asked before where the agitator, sneaky dirty pest had gone, and he even mentioned the need to go back to that. Who knows, maybe he needs that to feed off of for motivation. I've always said that he and Getzy play better when they are playing with a chippy edge. Otherwise, they skate around the ice like they are in an Allstar game. That Dallas series a couple seasons back is a prime example. When I don't see that from them, it feels like they are just going through the motions, particularly Perry. Obviously that alone probably doesn't solve it, but any little thing to make Perry's impact more noticeable is a plus.

The reason I think it might be more of a confidence issue is remembering the last game we played against Winnipeg and he scored and after that goal he was flying, making moves, taking shots, if Pavelec didn't make a decent save he would've had two. I'm sure it might be a combination of both a little regression and s lotnof confidence went with it. A lot of a style like Perrys is the confidence that the move or the shot he takes is going to work 

Well...right on que and after such a warm and nice article, he gets 2g + 1a. Sure, it's just a silly Buffalo team, but we need any confidence we can get for Perry, right?

Those were PRETTY goals  - the one between Getz's legs and then the 5 hole - BEAUTIFUL - he will be challenged by the Caps. If he can one on them then we know the Ketchup bottle is going to flow ( per Teemu ). IMHO

Let's just hope tomorrow against a powerful Washington Capitals Perry won't go sabbatical again, and Gibson won't allow 3+ goals as he usually does against elite teams.

Hmm...I guess I have been watching the Ducks for too long to know this team good enough.

Please read my post I wrote 23 hours ago, before the Capitals game.

So Winnik apparently called Perry "dirty" after the game tonight due to the slew foot Pears gave him. Heh, first MP22, now Winnik. When do we play Jersey again? Maybe someone should call the Rev and warn him ahead of time that Pears has a cup check with his name on it. :P

Just now, dtsdlaw said:

So Winnik apparently called Perry "dirty" after the game tonight due to the slew foot Pears gave him. Heh, first MP22, now Winnik. When do we play Jersey again? Maybe someone should call the Rev and warn him ahead of time that Pears has a cup check with his name on it. :P

Is bad as it is, it's a good sign. He played well tonight and I don't think it was a slew foot. I thought he played a good game. Ritchie absorbed the stink tonight and almost every time he touched the puck the play died for that line and RC still double shifted the Getz and Kesler line...

7 minutes ago, Mooseduck said:

He is getting the Offense sparking it work when the team tied the game up...But being Gassed in dying mins did nothing to get us to a Win last night.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I understand that, but if you're going to split the lines up and  put star players on a third line, you should even out the playing time.  Back to backs and long road trips our top two lines look completely exhausted and we can't hang.