The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

Kings Catch All - 7

1 hour ago, wataduk said:

Preds about to win.
If this Kings score holds up, if the Preds merely go 5-5 the rest of the way, the Kings would need to go 9-0-1 to pass them .

In other words.......stick a fork in them.

DING DONG the Witch is dead - the Wicked Witch is DEAD :P

MoneyPuck now has the DUCKS @ 99.17% TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS !!!!

The Kings @ 13.29% to make the PLAYOFFS !!!!!!

GO DUCKS !!!! 

bye bye LA !!!

3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I was going to ask the question but didn't want to jinx it. Considering their opponents, looks like a difficult road. Possible wins against Vancouver and Arizona. The rest looks tough.

Thu, Mar 23 VS. WPG

Sat, Mar 25 VS. NYR

Tue, Mar 28 @ EDM

Wed, Mar 29 @ CGY

Fri, Mar 31 @ VAN

Sun, Apr 2  VS. ARI

Tue, Apr 4 VS. EDM

Thu, Apr 6 VS. CGY

Sat, Apr 8 VS. CHI

Sun, Apr 9 @ Anaheim

That last game is loking pretty pleasant.

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

That last game is loking pretty pleasant.

That one actually has be worried. From an injury stand point. If it doesn't affect the standings, sit or bubble wrap everything possible. 

2 hours ago, poum said:

That one actually has be worried. From an injury stand point. If it doesn't affect the standings, sit or bubble wrap everything possible. 

The same thought crossed my mind.

7 hours ago, poum said:

5 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

The same thought crossed my mind.

If it doesn't matter I would suggest bringing in some of the Gulls to give them a taste of NHL - especially a couple of the  " big boys " that might want to mix it up with the Queens. IMHO

16 hours ago, Fowl said:

The Kings adding Iginla and Bishop hasn't done squat.  Back to mediocrity.

The Bishop trade was such a bizarre, straight out of left field move that I was convinced that Lombardi had something up his sleeve in way of genius..... apparently not. Without any alternative hidden brilliant agenda, this move has to be the most backwards and head scratching move. They get rid of a goalie who was doing great in Quicks absence and other pieces while COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that they desperately needed scoring in order to keep up on he Western Conf race. The Kings were on the cusp and have fallen on their face. All this move helped was Tampa. That's it. But for another GM to do it shows me that Lombardi must have owed Stevie Y something. Which leaves me to think, have they agreed on something more to come between the 2 teams come off-season? Could there have been a gentlemen agreement here? Steve Y was bailed out big time here..... Tampa is still in a crunch though.

This trade should go into the mystery file. 

I feel kinda bad for Iggy. 

10 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

It's time...

LOL KINGS

Eight points out of a playoff spot with 10 games left? Yeah. Stick a fork in them and leave it there.

On 3/21/2017 at 0:03 AM, Fowl said:

The Kings adding Iginla and Bishop hasn't done squat.  Back to mediocrity.

Actually, Iggy has 2 GWG for the Kings.
He also challenged Patrick Maroon the other night. A 39 yr old going up against a 28 yr old mini sasquatch. That took some cajones which is more than I will say for the rest of those quitters in the silver and black.
Iginla worked out okay for them but the Bishop trade was a head scratcher for sure. I guess that conditional pick going to TB will turn out to be a bag of pucks and a locker room attendant.

13 hours ago, RobD360 said:

The Bishop trade was such a bizarre, straight out of left field move that I was convinced that Lombardi had something up his sleeve in way of genius..... apparently not. Without any alternative hidden brilliant agenda, this move has to be the most backwards and head scratching move. They get rid of a goalie who was doing great in Quicks absence and other pieces while COMPLETELY ignoring the fact that they desperately needed scoring in order to keep up on he Western Conf race. The Kings were on the cusp and have fallen on their face. All this move helped was Tampa. That's it. But for another GM to do it shows me that Lombardi must have owed Stevie Y something. Which leaves me to think, have they agreed on something more to come between the 2 teams come off-season? Could there have been a gentlemen agreement here? Steve Y was bailed out big time here..... Tampa is still in a crunch though.

This trade should go into the mystery file. 

I feel kinda bad for Iggy. 

Budaj is the winner in this whole deal. Was able to prove himself in a starter's role and now won't have to backup Quick but be a starter. Kings getting bishop was surprising but I don't see them keeping Bishop for long. I believe he is UFA at season's end, which would be the only reason VGK doesn't pick him. I don't think he wants to be in a backup role. 

26 minutes ago, BiolaRunner said:

Budaj is the winner in this whole deal. Was able to prove himself in a starter's role and now won't have to backup Quick but be a starter. Kings getting bishop was surprising but I don't see them keeping Bishop for long. I believe he is UFA at season's end, which would be the only reason VGK doesn't pick him. I don't think he wants to be in a backup role. 

Exactly. All the more leading to one of the most bizarre trades for a GM... ever. No sense whatsoever 

5 hours ago, BiolaRunner said:

What a slap in the face it was to Budaj who put up a season that was as good or better than Quick's better years... 

If any one player on the Kings got the team close to the playoffs it was Budaj, and they went and showed him the door.

Probably won't see Tampa Bay make the post season, but past the Ducka (and everyone's second favorite team - the Boston Bruins), I would have loved to see the Lightning raise the cup just so that Budaj could stick it back to L.A.

5 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

What a slap in the face it was to Budaj who put up a season that was as good or better than Quick's better years... 

If any one player on the Kings got the team close to the playoffs it was Budaj, and they went and showed him the door.

Probably won't see Tampa Bay make the post season, but past the Ducka (and everyone's second favorite team - the Boston Bruins), I would have loved to see the Lightning raise the cup just so that Budaj could stick it back to L.A.

MEAN - but I love it - I hope Budaj get a good contract with someone - he really kept the Queens in the race AND  he had NO offensive support !! IMHO

26 minutes ago, DUCKSDOC said:

MEAN - but I love it - I hope Budaj get a good contract with someone - he really kept the Queens in the race AND  he had NO offensive support !! IMHO

He absolutely did... though in truth I think he's probably pretty thankful to the Kings all said and done. They took a chance on him, allowed him an opportunity to show he can still play in the NHL... and at 34 years old, probably extended his career at least a season...

32 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

You sir, are correctamundo.

I cannot think of a bigger slap in the face to an NHL player in recent times than what the Klings did to Mr. Budaj.

36 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

When Quick went down, a lot of Kings fans panicked because they have long been a defensive team that revolved around great goaltending, They have always seemed to struggle scoring goals. Budaj came into a situation where he wasn't even expected to be the backup but be playing in Ontario and found himself starting and played brilliantly. At one point led the league in shutouts. The fact that it was for a player the Kings could very well lose to someone else in a few months was just salt in the wound

16 minutes ago, BiolaRunner said:

When Quick went down, a lot of Kings fans panicked because they have long been a defensive team that revolved around great goaltending, They have always seemed to struggle scoring goals. Budaj came into a situation where he wasn't even expected to be the backup but be playing in Ontario and found himself starting and played brilliantly. At one point led the league in shutouts. The fact that it was for a player the Kings could very well lose to someone else in a few months was just salt in the wound

Barring them trading J Quick (not likely) they never had any intention of re-signing Ben Bishop. He was nothing more than an insurance policy for this current year should "Crybaby Goalie" go down again.

There were probably three times that Mr Congeniality (Sutter) hung Bujaj out to dry in press conferences after losses, going so far as to say that the team needed the goaltender to make some saves. Duma$$, how about your $10 mil player chipping in a few goals now and then?

I could be wrong but I do believe that they were in or very close to a playoff spot at the time of the Budaj trade. Now.....not so much.

5 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Barring them trading J Quick (not likely) they never had any intention of re-signing Ben Bishop. He was nothing more than an insurance policy for this current year should "Crybaby Goalie" go down again.

There were probably three times that Mr Congeniality (Sutter) hung Bujaj out to dry in press conferences after losses, going so far as to say that the team needed the goaltender to make some saves. Duma$$, how about your $10 mil player chipping in a few goals now and then?

I could be wrong but I do believe that they were in or very close to a playoff spot at the time of the Budaj trade. Now.....not so much.

That is why it's salt in the wound. 

1 hour ago, wataduk said:

You look at Budaj this season, and Scrivens, Bernier, Jones, and Enroth in past seasons and it is pretty obvious that the team in front of these guys are a big part of their numerical success... so Quick being a elite guy? I don't know. IMHO Quick's career is largely a byproduct of the King's smothering defensive style of play. He'd just be another Varlamov in Colorado or Andersen in Ottawa playing for those teams...

19 hours ago, ZTHER said:

You look at Budaj this season, and Scrivens, Bernier, Jones, and Enroth in past seasons and it is pretty obvious that the team in front of these guys are a big part of their numerical success... so Quick being a elite guy? I don't know. IMHO Quick's career is largely a byproduct of the King's smothering defensive style of play. He'd just be another Varlamov in Colorado or Andersen in Ottawa playing for those teams...

Agree - Quick IMO is better than average GT and he  was elevated by the D around him. Put him on another team with below average D and he would be an able average GT.

It will be interesting to see what he does NEXT YEAR !

54 minutes ago, DUCKSDOC said:

Agree - Quick IMO is better than average GT and he  was elevated by the D around him. Put him on another team with below average D and he would be an able average GT.

Quick did play horribly in the world cup 

7 hours ago, DUCKSDOC said:

Especially if they weaken their defense and trade Alex Martinez in the off season which is a strong possibility based on their most glaring need of a 2nd line center. My guess is they have some long conversations with Colorado and try to pull one of their young pups to play with Toffoli and Pearson.
They very badly want to get Jeff Carter out of the center spot and have him focus more on putting the puck in the net alongside Kopitar.

So far:

Blues win, Preds win, Flames lost, and Colorado up on Edmonton 4-2 after 2. Already a good night but could be amazing if Colorado hangs on along with a Kings loss.

1-0 Jets early

9 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

So far:

Blues win, Preds win, Flames lost, and Colorado up on Edmonton 4-2 after 2. Already a good night but could be amazing if Colorado hangs on along with a Kings loss.

1-0 Jets early

Throw in a Dallas win for good measure but yes...