The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

Kings Catch All - 7

1 hour ago, ZTHER said:

Nashville, Calgary, Edmonton pick up 2 points, Blues pick up 1... the Kings are already of life support... down 0-2 vs the Rags now, a loss here and they might as well throw in the towel...

Iginla deserved better.

It's sad for Iginla but I have no problem with Lombardi thinking his team is somehow still a contender after yet another pathetic season. I feel extremely gross for saying it but if there's one good thing to come from their 2014 championship, it's his job security. Just think of how much worse they'd be right now if the league didn't allow that snake to void contracts. They've already got one massive old boy's club going there, I think I speak for everyone with a heart when I say I hope they spend the next decade going full Edmonton (without the generational talent at the end of the tunnel of course)

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Is Sutter's job on the line?

I was wondering if this weren't the year of the expansion draft would Lombardi's be on the line? He's got them stuck in a bit of cap trouble, especially if LV don't take Diving Brown off their hands.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Lombardi pass the buck and axe Sutter though.

11 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Is Sutter's job on the line?

Sutter and his staff are not remotely the problem.  It's their idiot GM Lombardi.  He mortgaged the Kings future for success in 2012, 2014, and beyond.  Kings wont be much of an issue over the next three seasons.

Just now, Fowl said:

Sutter and his staff are not remotely the problem.  It's their idiot GM Lombardi.  He mortgaged the Kings future for success in 2012, 2014, and beyond.  Kings wont be much of an issue over the next three seasons.

DL did mortgage the farm (literally). I don't think the Kings have much in Ontario compared to Anaheim. But, it's been rumored for a while that the players have a problem with Sutter. I see the coach going first.

55 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

DL did mortgage the farm (literally). I don't think the Kings have much in Ontario compared to Anaheim. But, it's been rumored for a while that the players have a problem with Sutter. I see the coach going first.

The players did lock out the coach. Suter is out first. Lombardi is to savy with his staching drug deals. If he weasels his way out of Browns, his rump is safe for another season.

Kings are 9 points behind St. Louis for the 8th playoff spot and 10 points behind Nashville for the 7th spot with 8 games remaining.

@Edmonton, @Calgary, @Vancouver, Arizona, Edmonton, Calgary, Chicago, @Anaheim

Not an easy schedule down the stretch.

GOlf KINGS GOlf!

2 hours ago, ZTHER said:

LOL KINGS.

OK, got that out of the way...

Gotta get that daily quota in.

I had a Kings fan coworker try to tell me today that he still thinks they have a chance and I just laughed at him. He didn't seem to realize how far behind they are. Guess Jim Fox being a delusional blowhard has its advantages (making Kings fans even more LOL-able).

1 hour ago, norge25 said:

I had a Kings fan coworker try to tell me today that he still thinks they have a chance and I just laughed at him. He didn't seem to realize how far behind they are. Guess Jim Fox being a delusional blowhard has its advantages (making Kings fans even more LOL-able).

They are in - if they get 3 points a game :P

Work on that Lombardi !!!!!

2 hours ago, norge25 said:

Nashville, Calgary, and St Louis all picked up two points today, dropping the Kings chances to 0.296% chance of making the playoffs.

That's 3/10th's of 1%

LOL Kings.

10 hours ago, norge25 said:

He's technically not wrong, yet. Just delusional. 

58 minutes ago, BiolaRunner said:

He's technically not wrong, yet. Just delusional. 

Probably took too many pucks to the head ( and some punches ). I used to think that Bob Miller was the worst homer I had seen - but Fox brings it to another LEVEL. IMHO

4 hours ago, DUCKSDOC said:

Probably took too many pucks to the head ( and some punches ). I used to think that Bob Miller was the worst homer I had seen - but Fox brings it to another LEVEL. IMHO

I'm (was) fine with Miller... Fox LOL

LOL KINGS

1 hour ago, ZTHER said:

I'm (was) fine with Miller... Fox LOL

LOL KINGS

I was cool with Bob M. But his little lap chihuahua yaps a bit too much

Kings facing elimination tonight vs the Oilers... expect them to lose in grand fashion. Budaj was the heart and soul of this years team.

LOL KINGS

Wonder if the admins would be kind enough to change the thread title to 'LOL Kings-part 7'.

4 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Kings facing elimination tonight vs the Oilers... expect them to lose in grand fashion. Budaj was the heart and soul of this years team.

LOL KINGS

Not completely.. if they lose tonight, and tomorrow night(in Calgary), I think they would be officially eliminated. Assuming St Louis gets at least a point in tomorrow's game against Arizona.

Personally I am hoping for a Kings win. I could never cheer for the Oilers. I think in a sense you guys are wanting a Kings win, as it will help your chances at a Pacific title, over the inevitability of the Kings missing the playoffs.

2 hours ago, OminousFlames said:

Not completely.. if they lose tonight, and tomorrow night(in Calgary), I think they would be officially eliminated. Assuming St Louis gets at least a point in tomorrow's game against Arizona.

Personally I am hoping for a Kings win. I could never cheer for the Oilers. I think in a sense you guys are wanting a Kings win, as it will help your chances at a Pacific title, over the inevitability of the Kings missing the playoffs.

Eh, the Pacific title has been rendered meaningless for us after four straight years of losing Game 7s on home ice.

The Kings losing is ALWAYS a good thing. B)

Could be an interesting game:

Flames not expecting retribution for Tkachuk elbow

The Flames were asked if they expect retribution after Matthew Tkachuk elbowed Drew Doughty during their March 19 battle and they said they don't expect anything to happen, but they'll be aware and they always take care of each other. Jermain Franklin has more.

Just now, norge25 said:

Iggy has more heart than the entire rest of the Kings' roster combined. Poor guy.

Thought he was going to a SC contender. LOL