The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

Kings Catch All - 7

Hope the Ducks suit a couple of temper-mental AHLers in our final game with LA just in case LA wants to go all-goon. 

Okay, it's official. Jim Fox is certifiable.

Toffoli just slashed Goudreau twice on one play and Foxy is saying that Johnny embellished looking for a call.
:wacko::blink::huh:

4 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Okay, it's official. Jim Fox is certifiable.

Toffoli just slashed Goudreau twice on one play and Foxy is saying that Johnny embellished looking for a call.
:wacko::blink::huh:

Fox assumed that it was an overhand slash on the right hand when, looking at the replay, it was an underhand slash on the left hand, the hand JG shook. Fox is just an idiot. 

Tkachuk just took out Doughty center ice. BEAUTIFUL! Nice to see the kid not being afraid to play his game. The Kings have had a bullseye on his back all game.

Actually looked to me like Doughty goes down to avoid the hit.  Andreoff goes caveman on Tkachuk, and gets tossed from the game.  Kings are more interested in getting some wood shed time versus winning the game.  Even they know they're toast.

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Thought he was going to a SC contender. LOL

I play hockey with some old friends of Jarome's. Apparently the Kings were the only team that called about him. He wanted to go to a sure playoff team but no real contenders were interested. 

Side note: Also play hockey with a guy with some connections in the Oilers. Apparently before McDavid was drafted, Bobby Orr called Darryl Katz and told him McDavid will never play a game for your franchise unless you get rid of Lowe and MacTavish. Which unfortunately probably turned their whole club around. 

Thought Z might like that story. 

25 minutes ago, nieder said:

Side note: Also play hockey with a guy with some connections in the Oilers. Apparently before McDavid was drafted, Bobby Orr called Darryl Katz and told him McDavid will never play a game for your franchise unless you get rid of Lowe and MacTavish. Which unfortunately probably turned their whole club around. 

Thought Z might like that story. 

Best move they have done in a decade. Unfortunately.

4-1 now.. Still laughing at all the Kings fans posting all sorts of trash right now about how Tkachuk poked a sleeping giant. Congrats, maybe your playoff chances will top 0.75% with a win tonight.

22 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

4-1 now.. Still laughing at all the Kings fans posting all sorts of trash right now about how Tkachuk poked a sleeping giant. Congrats, maybe your playoff chances will top 0.75% with a win tonight.

Blues up 2-0 on the Yotes after two periods. An STL win would still tick a point away from their "tragic number". 

Ha! Kings vs Canucks in China. Avs and Senators in Sweden. Really bringing the winners to the International table there NHL.

8 hours ago, poum said:

Ha! Kings vs Canucks in China. Avs and Senators in Sweden. Really bringing the winners to the International table there NHL.

Avs v Sens makes sense for Sweden; got some famous Swedes on those rosters. But Kings v Nucks? Hm.

1 hour ago, norge25 said:

Avs v Sens makes sense for Sweden; got some famous Swedes on those rosters. But Kings v Nucks? Hm.

Kings have that AEG connection.  They'll have a short season next year.  Not to mention, their SSH base is shrinking.  

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

Kings have that AEG connection.  They'll have a short season next year.  Not to mention, their SSH base is shrinking.  

I figured it has something to do with those teams having a long offseason. 

On 3/29/2017 at 8:09 PM, nieder said:

I play hockey with some old friends of Jarome's. Apparently the Kings were the only team that called about him. He wanted to go to a sure playoff team but no real contenders were interested. 

Iginla has shown more heart down the stretch than many Kings players.  If the Kings were smart, they'd sign Iginla and name him Captain next season, and allow Kopitar to focus on playing hockey.  This would provide a graceful captaincy exit strategy for Kopitar.  Iginla would still be a useful component to a team needing leadership, grit, and some skill.

On 3/30/2017 at 2:34 PM, PetrSykora said:

For real though, how much better would this sport be if we could just leave them both behind in China?

We need Vancouver to stay for standings points.

On 3/29/2017 at 6:38 PM, norge25 said:

Iggy has more heart than the entire rest of the Kings' roster combined. Poor guy.

Scored just now... 

He's a KING but I have so much respect for this guy. Happy with Eaves but a shame Murray couldn't land Iggy.

21 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Iginla has shown more heart down the stretch than many Kings players.  If the Kings were smart, they'd sign Iginla and name him Captain next season, and allow Kopitar to focus on playing hockey.  This would provide a graceful captaincy exit strategy for Kopitar.  Iginla would still be a useful component to a team needing leadership, grit, and some skill.

Pulling the "C" from Brown was bad enough, I don't see them yo-yo'ing the "C" again...

Igninla probably has a season left in the tank... if he's chasing a Cop there are probably 20 better teams than L.A. next season he'd be wise signing with.

43 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

Pulling the "C" from Brown was bad enough, I don't see them yo-yo'ing the "C" again...

Igninla probably has a season left in the tank... if he's chasing a Cop there are probably 20 better teams than L.A. next season he'd be wise signing with.

I agree it is unlikely they make such a move.  

Kopitar doesn't fit the Captain bill well.  It gives them an out to save face for Kopitar.  

So LA wins again. Making things interesting, especially if Nashville can't get any points tomorrow. I won't celebrate until they're officially eliminated. 

11 minutes ago, nieder said:

So LA wins again. Making things interesting, especially if Nashville can't get any points tomorrow. I won't celebrate until they're officially eliminated. 

Meh, I'm not about to cry for the trashy mustard cats if they manage to choke away a playoff spot after spending all of 2017 in the top 8.

2 hours ago, Fowl said:

I agree it is unlikely they make such a move.  

Kopitar doesn't fit the Captain bill well.  It gives them an out to save face for Kopitar.  

Throwing a second captain under the bus in as many seasons wouldn't save face for the organization. 

Iggy has a clean out after this season. Kopitar on the other hand, poor guy. Another respectable guy on HMS Kingtanic. 

So 1 more point for Nashville or 1 point dropped by LA and they're eliminated.

LOL Kings.

Kings about 25 minutes from elimination... might be the closest they get to the playoffs in a few years...

The new play by play guy sucks. I'll probably watch that last Ducks-Kings game with Bob Miller. I'll suck it up and listen to the raving lunatic Fox for Bob's last game. 

Supposed to migrate from my bar to a hookah lounge to sober up but also supposed to do a celebratory shot when the Kings are officially out. I'm torn.

3 minutes ago, norge25 said:

Supposed to migrate from my bar to a hookah lounge to sober up but also supposed to do a celebratory shot when the Kings are officially out. I'm torn.

Hookah lounge what are you 18? :P

I'm thankful I only went a few times back in the day. It was fun for the time but I've read it's actually pretty bad on the lungs like smoking cigs.