The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

Kings Catch All - 7

12 minutes ago, norge25 said:

Supposed to migrate from my bar to a hookah lounge to sober up but also supposed to do a celebratory shot when the Kings are officially out. I'm torn.

I got you covered, I'll take a double of Bushmills for us both. 

To the guillotine, taking out Kings since 1793!

Anaheim's schedule is actually not as bad as it looks... particularly if they beat Calgary on Tuesday.

Chicago is playing for nothing... they've clinched home ice and the division and the Kings stink.

Thanks OD for predicting the Ducks will win the division but EDM has a much easier path to 1st in the division than do the Ducks. Doable but The Oil have the inside track IMO.
EDM closes the season with two games vs AZ. after games with LA and SJ
Ducks have CGY, CHI and LA

No matter what...it is going to be an interesting week.

19 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Hookah lounge what are you 18? :P

I'm thankful I only went a few times back in the day. It was fun for the time but I've read it's actually pretty bad on the lungs like smoking cigs. 

Naw, 27 and still DUI free. It's convenient to have a place to unwind for a couple hours and sober up before driving. ;)

My friend talked me into an early celebratory shot so if LA does come back and win blame us. #LetsGoYotes

That. Was. So. Stupid.

Damn it all, Smith shutting out the Kings to be mathematically eliminated would have been hilarious. They're still bitter about that slash on Brown five years later. Because Brown is a saint and Quick has never stupped to such low standards. 

Waiting fir the announcement... "The Kings Playoff hopes have left the building..."

I still don't know how these two teams were the 2012 Western Conference Final. 

4 minutes ago, poum said:

I still don't know how these two teams were the 2012 Western Conference Final. 

Mike Smith and a Sutter system that was built to suit the team he coached which they followed to a T.

Doughty straight up took a shot at Quick. That was a rather dangerous "pass".

6 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Mike Smith and a Sutter system that was built to suit the team he coached which they followed to a T.

I mean, I do know how they got there. Both teams riding goalies that were making saves they had no business to. Those two teams being a WCF thing, did anyone see that coming?

I still think the Kings murdering Pietangrelo (in game 2?) gave them an easy win 

1 minute ago, poum said:

I mean, I do know how they got there. Both teams riding goalies that were making saves they had no business to. Those two teams being a WCF thing, did anyone see that coming?

The Kings...yes but the Yotes....def not.

28 minutes ago, norge25 said:

Naw, 27 and still DUI free. It's convenient to have a place to unwind for a couple hours and sober up before driving. ;)

My friend talked me into an early celebratory shot so if LA does come back and win blame us. #LetsGoYotes

Denny's isn't the cool place to go and get rid of a buzz anymore? :lol: I'd rather have the calories than the damaged lungs. 

Thinking back, smoking hookah just made me want to also be drinking at the same time lol

Kings eliminated.  "Former Captain" Dustin Brown might be the only one in LA secretly happy about being eliminated.  Turns out he was a lousy Captain

Did the Kings not stick around to congratulate Ref, Mike Leggo on his last game?

Gawd I hope not.
Yotes all stood in line to shake his hand.

7 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Did the Kings not stick around to congratulate Ref, Mike Leggo on his last game?

Gawd I hope not.
Yotes all stood in line to shake his hand.

I always thought Leggo was a real good official.  I'm sorry to see him retire.  Twenty years of NHL officiating is a darn good run.   

Not sure what the Kings ended up doing, but saw the Yotes demonstrate some class out there giving Leggo a nice sendoff.

5 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

Patrick O'Neal looks like he is about to cry. LOL

WTF is Jarod Stoll doing there? That guy is a jerk.

Patrick O'Neal is a tool.  Maybe the Kings can bring him to China next season and leave him there.

1 minute ago, Fowl said:

I always thought Leggo was a real good official.  I'm sorry to see him retire.  Twenty years of NHL officiating is a darn good run.   

Not sure what the Kings ended up doing, but saw the Yotes demonstrate some class out there giving Leggo a nice sendoff.

Pretty sure that Bailey was the only one that bothered to shake his hand.
I mean come on, they couldn't have been that devastated.
The odds of them pulling off a miracle and LA making the playoffs was about .000000002%

1 minute ago, Fowl said:

Patrick O'Neal is a tool.  Maybe the Kings can bring him to China next season and leave him there.

I hate how he's on a lot of Angels telecasts during the season. 

13 minutes ago, wataduk said:

The odds of them pulling off a miracle and LA making the playoffs was about .000000002%

The mascot! :lol:

I always thought that guy was a raging D. But that's sad when the mascot out classes the team. Go Kings, enjoy mediocrity! 

1 hour ago, wataduk said:

Thanks OD for predicting the Ducks will win the division but EDM has a much easier path to 1st in the division than do the Ducks. Doable but The Oil have the inside track IMO.
EDM closes the season with two games vs AZ. after games with LA and SJ
Ducks have CGY, CHI and LA

No matter what...it is going to be an interesting week.

Correction: EDM finishes with a home and home with VAN...not AZ

7 hours ago, wataduk said:

They still seemed so convinced that their team could pull it off. The broadcast crew, at least. 

Watched a replay of one of the Yotes goals and the announcer said, "Doughty in front of the net picking flowers.  Not covering anybody."  

LOL

4 hours ago, norge25 said:

They still seemed so convinced that their team could pull it off. The broadcast crew, at least. 

Not sure who that announcer was last night but he was over the top with trying to make that game more important than it really was.
As far as I know it was his 1st game as lead announcer with the Kings and actually made me hope that Jim Fox would talk more so he would be drowned out.
I'll have to ask my Kings amigos what the deal was there but it was embarrassing.

Oh, just heard Tom Brady's jerseys have been returned to him.
We can all sleep better tonight.