The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

Kings Catch All - 7

4 hours ago, norge25 said:

They still seemed so convinced that their team could pull it off. The broadcast crew, at least. 

I think it was just the new play by play guy trying to tow the line. Especially in the last two minutes or so. Bob Miller would not have been reminding the viewers every few seconds that the Kings playoff hopes were on the line. He would have waited until the buzzer and then mentioned it. 

2 hours ago, RobD360 said:

Kings better win tonight vs the Oil. 

Lets Go ....(((gulp)))... Queens!

So far laying an egg :(

9 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

So far laying an egg :(

A big egg... 

25 minutes ago, Aksun said:

Aaand they win 6-4!!! Now where was all that offense when it counted.

Saving it to help us apparently. 

That was a pretty sweet comeback to win it for Bob. Of course it was an OT win, lmao, but good they at least won. 

Now let's demolish them tomorrow.

1 hour ago, AustinDuck27 said:

That was a pretty sweet comeback to win it for Bob. Of course it was an OT win, lmao, but good they at least won. 

Now let's demolish them tomorrow.

I didn't watch it as there was little chance of both teams losing.

5 hours ago, nieder said:

I didn't watch it as there was little chance of both teams losing.

You think they'd keep televising it if a meteor hit the building?  That would be worth it, although the chances aren't great.

And Bob Miller signs off for the last time. Enjoy retirement, old timer. I'm glad the Kings were able to give you an early retirement too!

5 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:
Helene ElliottVerified account @helenenothelen
Blake said Kings won't buy Gaborik out, had a procedure and won't be ready for camp

The ONLY reason Gaborik won't be kicked to the curb is because of the surgery. Can't buy out an injured player. Looks like they're stuck with his $4.875M cap hit for another season.

LOL Kings!

I didn't know that... so we can't buy Despres out early?  I'm not sure how the LTIR could work for next year... or following years.  I'm surprised, I would think the player would likely prefer an early buy out.

2 hours ago, Fisix said:

I didn't know that... so we can't buy Despres out early?  I'm not sure how the LTIR could work for next year... or following years.  I'm surprised, I would think the player would likely prefer an early buy out.

I'm pretty sure the player and the organization could work something out for an early retirement settlement.

18 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I'm pretty sure the player and the organization could work something out for an early retirement settlement.

I searched the CBA and couldn't find anything about buying out an injured player. I did find the following, if true, the Ducks can buy-out Despres if he agrees.

http://www.silversevensens.com/2015/6/10/8737195/nhl-buyout-rules-refresher-guide

Can anything keep a team from buying a player out?

By all reports, you cannot buy out an injured player without their permission. There is nothing explicitly about this in the buy-out rules in the CBA, but it's something that has been widely reported over the years from multiple, reputable sources, so if there's smoke there is probably fire.  It is very likely linked to the waiver requirements.

Ah - I didn't realize that the buy out was for a reduced price on the contracted price (2/3rds in Despres case).  

He would have no reason to take the buy out.  He'd get less money, and it'd be doled out over twice as many years, so it would be crap both ways from his perspective (and from any injured player's perspective).

I'm not sure why I thought that the buy out was just a straight up purchase of the remaining contract price.

Looks like the best we can do is try to finagle a LTIR out of it, each year.

I wonder if teams get insurance to cover the salary outlay in such cases, or if the insurance premiums are/would be too large, generally?

Thanks for the buy-out school!

18 hours ago, Fisix said:

Ah - I didn't realize that the buy out was for a reduced price on the contracted price (2/3rds in Despres case).  

He would have no reason to take the buy out.  He'd get less money, and it'd be doled out over twice as many years, so it would be crap both ways from his perspective (and from any injured player's perspective).

I'm not sure why I thought that the buy out was just a straight up purchase of the remaining contract price.

Looks like the best we can do is try to finagle a LTIR out of it, each year.

I wonder if teams get insurance to cover the salary outlay in such cases, or if the insurance premiums are/would be too large, generally?

Thanks for the buy-out school!

Maybe he can just sue the Colorado Avalanche to make up the difference. :ph34r: