The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Administrator

Kings Catch All - 7

38 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

A Blues win and a Kings loss tonight would be pretty sweet 

Blues up on the Charks 2-1 but Sabres have been playing to lose...

Just now, Spencer_12 said:

3-1 Blues at least.

Tarasenko... so good.

I heard a stat today that if The Blues went 9-5 ( very possible)  the rest of the year......the Kings would need to go 11-1-1 (not very possible)  to make the playoffs.

Just now, Spencer_12 said:

Blues finish it with an EN goal. Sucks Kings are gonna win but they don't gain ground. 

Kings have three games against Edmonton, that will be their last gasp... will likely need to sweep them.

15 minutes ago, wataduk said:

I heard a stat today that if The Blues went 9-5 ( very possible)  the rest of the year......the Kings would need to go 11-1-1 (not very possible)  to make the playoffs.

Blues remaining schedule includes 3 games against the Coyotes and 3 games against the Avs. 

1 minute ago, nieder said:

Quoting yourself there Ian? :lol:

Yes... I was trying to figure out how to embed a tweet. It was so lonely here.

7 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Kings have three games against Edmonton, that will be their last gasp... will likely need to sweep them.

They were in a similar situation with Calgary a couple weeks ago with 4 games with them and then the Flames got hot. 

9 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Yes... I was trying to figure out how to embed a tweet. It was so lonely here.

Z are you wearing #2 in honor of Bieksa ??

On 3/17/2017 at 7:59 AM, DUCKSDOC said:

Z are you wearing #2 in honor of Bieksa ??

Adam Pardy actually...!

So do the Kings v Flames tomorrow night present a dilemma for anyone but me?
Not quite sure what to do so I am asking for your help.

a) root for the Kings to win which would help to give the Ducks some separation from CGY in the standings.

b ) root for the Flames to win because it would be 1 step closer for the Kings being eliminated from the post season.

c) hope for a breakout of the mumps spreading between the 2 teams and thus rendering them both with nothing but AHL players for the next 2-3 weeks.

3 hours ago, wataduk said:

a) root for the Kings to win which would help to give the Ducks some separation from CGY in the standings.

b ) root for the Flames to win because it would be 1 step closer for the Kings being eliminated from the post season.

c) hope for a breakout of the mumps spreading between the 2 teams and thus rendering them both with nothing but AHL players for the next 2-3 weeks.

If the Blues beat the Coyotes tonight (they should) then I'll be rooting for the Kings tomorrow (yuck). The Blues would still be 4 points up on the Kings if both of them win, and it helps us to have Calgary lose. Plus I think it's pretty unlikely the Kings move ahead of the Blues short of a huge collapse by St. Louis. They still have 3 games left against Colorado, that's essentially 6 guaranteed points.

Otherwise I'll be sacrificing some goats and praying for the mumps. 

6 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Adam Pardy actually...!

Was that you ( in disguise ) - say it ain't so :ph34r: The announcers were AWFULLY HARSH. IMHO

Just looked at the standings and the Blues actually move past the Predators into 3rd if they beat the coyotes tonight. It could be Kings vs Predators for that last playoff spot.  

2 hours ago, nieder said:

Just looked at the standings and the Blues actually move past the Predators into 3rd if they beat the coyotes tonight. It could be Kings vs Predators for that last playoff spot.  

I think you are correct. My guess is that the Blues are home free based on 5 games against the Avs and Yotes coming up.

Preds lost against Carolina tonight and now have an extremely brutal schedule coming up after a game with AZ.
I think they play 6-7 games in a row vs playoff teams.

3 hours ago, wataduk said:

I think you are correct. My guess is that the Blues are home free based on 5 games against the Avs and Yotes coming up.

Preds lost against Carolina tonight and now have an extremely brutal schedule coming up after a game with AZ.
I think they play 6-7 games in a row vs playoff teams.

Yeah, the Preds play Arizona next and then in their next 8 games they have 6 against teams currently in the playoffs and 2 against the Islanders who are battling for playoff position. Not an easy schedule.

On the other hand, if the Kings can't pick up at least a couple of points over the next 2 nights in Alberta their season could be basically over.

On 3/18/2017 at 11:09 AM, wataduk said:

C and B, imo. Kings out of playoff contention is always a good thing. You never know when they're gonna drug up, sell another player's soul to the netherworld for puck luck, and go on a tear.

I know the Kings winning in regulation tonight would help the Ducks, but I can't route for the Kings. Just CAN"T do it. Go Flames!!

4 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

I posted in NHL talk, but... this solid Hawks officiating struck again :D

It usually does. My blood still boils a bit when I think about Game 4 of the 2015 WCF.

GOALDREAU!!! Or Stone, I'll take it. Twas looking away and the announcer said Johnny's name.