Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JadeDragonEyes

I just gotta ask if this bugs anyone else.

8 posts in this topic

This is for anyone who follows the Ducks and at least one other team. I lived 2 hours from Anaheim and got into hockey and skating during the inaugural season. We had moved from Chicago so I have always been a fan of both teams.( Ducks 1st though)

Anyway, does it bother anyone else that the scores for other games are constantly shown during the game? Why is this even necessary anymore? It's not like if you wanted to see the score there are literally 1000's of other ways to conviently do it. I really wish they'd stop with that. It's. Just as bad as giving a spoiler to a movie. Is there any software that somehow blocks all this stupid crap? I don't watch the other game if I see the score often and you'd think they'd want me to watch all the stupid advertising.

Yes. I HATE the stupid ticker they show on the bottom of the screen during live games. Basically means I cannot watch one game live and another game on DVR, as they constantly update you on the other scores. Why is this a thing? 99% of people have a smartphone or a computer where they can look up the scores. It's literally completely unnecessary. 

Edited by nieder
1 person likes this

13 hours ago, nieder said:

Yes. I HATE the stupid ticker they show on the bottom of the screen during live games. Basically means I cannot watch one game live and another game on DVR, as they constantly update you on the other scores. Why is this a thing? 99% of people have a smartphone or a computer where they can look up the scores. It's literally completely unnecessary. 

But but but it's the ticker, it's classic. Wall Street and financial news channels have there stock ticker and Sports has theirs as well :)

seriously though I like it cause I don't have the time to watch all those other games and it's convenient to see what other games that affect the Ducks in standings tracked and displayed. 

1 hour ago, wataduk said:

No

Second it - NO !

1 person likes this

22 hours ago, nieder said:

Sounds like Neider and I need to get to work on some kind of app that blocks all that crap. I'm not kidding, NHL app, FB, the stupid ticker, any sports channel..they are all against us. I bet a good amount of people feel the same way. It used to be there wasn't enough information now there's to much.

Get some tape that wont leave a mark and line the bottom of the screen? Low tech, easy enough solution even if might become a bit tedious.

2 people like this

I cannot stand all the pop ups during any tv program. I absolutely hate it. It's bad enough that you get your eardrums assaulted every time a normal commercial comes on, you can't go five minutes watching a program without some pop up add getting inserted on the screen and distracting you. I don't know why we all tolerate it. Especially since most of us already pay for some sort of cable service. We should not be subjected to ads like that.