The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WolfgangDuck

Sam Steel

Happy to Hear Steel becoming Pats Captain Hope his duties will help in his Development into what we want when he suites up for the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

1 hour ago, Pazonator said:

Steel looks like a finisher! Most of the goals in the video was him going to the net and getting rid of the puck quickly

I know makes you glad Ducks pick him in 2016 NHL Draft. Can't wait to see him contribute to the Ducks.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

SAM sniped a power play goal tonight against the Moosejaw Warriors.  It had OVI written all over it; Pats won the draw, SAM slid over from wing to other face-off dot (off-wing) and the D-man made the cross ice pass for the one timer slap shot goal.  

2 hours ago, Spike1981 said:

how about february is his 20th BD, would he have a change to play in AHL this season? or not before next season?

If his team got bounced from the playoffs early, he can play in the AHL (or NHL, I think) once that happens.  Otherwise, he can't play until next season.  The only thing that matters is whether his birthday happened before January 1st.

11 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

If his team got bounced from the playoffs early, he can play in the AHL (or NHL, I think) once that happens.  Otherwise, he can't play until next season.  The only thing that matters is whether his birthday happened before January 1st.

I'm almost certain that he could play in the NHL once his Junior season is over. I don't think it happens with any regularity because of the timing of it all. Half the League is busy with playoff pushes. I guess the other half would have less to lose with a rookie, though it seems like a better idea to wet a kid's feet against men in the lower tier AHL. 

18 hours ago, poum said:

I'm almost certain that he could play in the NHL once his Junior season is over. I don't think it happens with any regularity because of the timing of it all. Half the League is busy with playoff pushes. I guess the other half would have less to lose with a rookie, though it seems like a better idea to wet a kid's feet against men in the lower tier AHL. 

He can play for the Ducks now, but only on an emergency basis. He can only go to SD once his junior season is over and with SD falling out of the playoff picture, I can see them wanting him to start playing against better competition as soon as possible.

To me, I am not expecting Steel to make the Ducks out of camp next season. I think they want him to have at least a year down in the AHL before they even think about promoting him up. Same goes with Jones, but Jones has a better shot just by being a winger.

Steel and the Pats have their game live on Sportsnet right now. It might be on the NHL network in the US too. 

17Goals 31assists 48pts......in 34games. I can tell you I can't WAIT for Steel to make his Debut with our Ducks soon.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Anyone beleive that we will see Sam Steel in a Ducks Uni next year..must not be surprise Ducks probaly send him to SD for some Development.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 2/19/2018 at 2:44 PM, DuckFan4Life said:

This is the story about @AnaheimDucks draft pick and @WHLPats Captain Sam Steel's (@ssteel23) passion and dedication to the game of hockey, and the importance of family.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hometown-hockey/dr-oetker-giuseppe-pizzeria-hometown-sam-steel/

Makes me appericate our Ducks pick him...he is a Dedicated to game of Hockey.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 2/19/2018 at 2:14 PM, MooseDuck said:

Anyone beleive that we will see Sam Steel in a Ducks Uni next year..must not be surprise Ducks probaly send him to SD for some Development.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

No. It's very unlikely that he'll make the team next year, which is good because I think that he should develop in San Diego especially being an undersized center. Not to mention that Getzlaf, Kesler, Henrique, Kossila and potentially Terry would all be ahead of him on the depth chart.

Sam Steel had a record-tying night yesterday as he tallied 5 PRIMARY assists in a 6-5 win against Swift Current, ousting the Broncos from tourament play and propelling Regina into the semis against Hamilton.

Semi is on Friday.

Steel has a goal and 10 assists, leading the whole tournament roster in assists and points.

He is 3 assists and 5 points away from respective all-time records, for which he now has 2 games left at best.

I'm hoping they win it all. They've already faced and beaten the Bulldogs earlier, 3-2, I'd take a similar result as the Titans and Antoine Morand await in the final.

Can't wait to see the kid in a Ducks uni. He has great vision and a knack for finding passing lanes, as evidenced by some of his sweet dishes in the highlights below:
regina-6-swift-current-5-gm6-highlights

Have fun watching them!!!!!

3 hours ago, DucksProg said:

Sam Steel had a record-tying night yesterday as he tallied 5 PRIMARY assists in a 6-5 win against Swift Current, ousting the Broncos from tourament play and propelling Regina into the semis against Hamilton.

Semi is on Friday.

Steel has a goal and 10 assists, leading the whole tournament roster in assists and points.

He is 3 assists and 5 points away from respective all-time records, for which he now has 2 games left at best.

I'm hoping they win it all. They've already faced and beaten the Bulldogs earlier, 3-2, I'd take a similar result as the Titans and Antoine Morand await in the final.

Can't wait to see the kid in a Ducks uni. He has great vision and a knack for finding passing lanes, as evidenced by some of his sweet dishes in the highlights below:
regina-6-swift-current-5-gm6-highlights

Have fun watching them!!!!!

What I like about a young player with assists is that passing (to me anyways) is more transferable to the NHL and a good indicator of ability rather than just scoring at the junior level as they find it much harder to score at the nhl level. See Etem. 

Sam Steel's performance at this year's Memorial Cup his Stats of 1G 10A 11pts is something not to mention tonite he has chance to show what he can do. Can't wait for him to be in Ducks Uni.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

NHL channel televising the Memorial Cup final on Sunday at 4:00pm locally. Regina Pats (with Sam Steel and Josh Mahura) are not only in the finals, they're also hosting the tourney.  fyi

Steel scored the game-winning goal and added an assist, while Josh Mahura also had an assist in the semi vs Hamilton.

Final is Sunday night at home (as hosts) vs Antoine Morand and the Titans (as previously mentioned).

Steel has added to his tournament lead and stands with 2 goals and 11 assists now. He's 3 points and 2 assists away from the all time tournament records, which are both feasable considering all four of his games have been multi-point efforts, with two out of four with at least 4 (!!!) assists.

Go Ducklings, Go Regina!!!

Tonite's the Night Steel is going to shine....he and the Pats will take on Morand and the Titan. 2 Ducks Prospects battle for Junior Hockey's Top Prize....I will keep you all inform on how well they both do.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

8 hours ago, DucksProg said:

Steel scored the game-winning goal and added an assist, while Josh Mahura also had an assist in the semi vs Hamilton.

Final is Sunday night at home (as hosts) vs Antoine Morand and the Titans (as previously mentioned).

Steel has added to his tournament lead and stands with 2 goals and 11 assists now. He's 3 points and 2 assists away from the all time tournament records, which are both feasable considering all four of his games have been multi-point efforts, with two out of four with at least 4 (!!!) assists.

Go Ducklings, Go Regina!!!

Wow, 2 goals and 11 assists in 8 games. That playoff stat-line is so ridiculously Getzlaf I'm worried for the kid's hairline now :ph34r: