The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WolfgangDuck

Sam Steel

6 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Wow, 2 goals and 11 assists in 8 games. That playoff stat-line is so ridiculously Getzlaf I'm worried for the kid's hairline now :ph34r:

In 4 games, not 8, that's a 3.25 pts/game pace, but he needs to maintain it for only a single game now, so here's to statlines and hairlines!

6 minutes ago, DucksProg said:

In 4 games, not 8, that's a 3.25 pts/game pace, but he needs to maintain it for only a single game now, so here's to statlines and hairlines!

Tonite he is going to play in the Big Game...Memorial Cup Final is Tonite.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

11 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Wow, 2 goals and 11 assists in 8 games. That playoff stat-line is so ridiculously Getzlaf I'm worried for the kid's hairline now :ph34r:

Now all the Ducks need to do is find somebody who can actually finish to play alongside Steel.
Getzlaf already has dibs on Ricky Raks. That leaves.....uhhhh......mmmmm....huh......I got nothing.

Is there a Steel/Kase dynamic duo in our future?
Stay tuned boys and girls.

1 hour ago, wataduk said:

Now all the Ducks need to do is find somebody who can actually finish to play alongside Steel.
Getzlaf already has dibs on Ricky Raks. That leaves.....uhhhh......mmmmm....huh......I got nothing.

Is there a Steel/Kase dynamic duo in our future?
Stay tuned boys and girls.

My money is on Max Comtois.

Well Steel did not win Memorial Cup he was shutdown by a Strong Acadie-Bathurst Titan...He won Tourney MVP honors. Watching him he was flying everywhere I can tell he was carrying the team on his shoulders considering they were outshot by a BIG MARGIN.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

6 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Well Steel did not win Memorial Cup he was shutdown by a Strong Acadie-Bathurst Titan...He won Tourney MVP honors. Watching him he was flying everywhere I can tell he was carrying the team on his shoulders considering they were outshot by a BIG MARGIN.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Agreed.

Steel was top scorer of the tournament, voted MVP, All-Star and captained his team to an unexpected result anyway.

On another note, the then MVP Corey Perry led 2005 London Knights were voted best CHL team during the 100 years of the Memorial Cup.

...and don't forget, Antoine Morand - who had an assists on the game-winning goal - is now a Memorial Cup winner!

I'm not sure how that translates into the NHL, but Steel and Morand won 59 and 54% of their faceoffs during the tournament, respectively.

Congrats to both kids and here's to their further development!!!

16 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

new Emerson Etem in coming?

No need to be Negative Nancy here, different kids, different curves.

Steel exploded onto the scene right after he was drafted while Etem needed to be overage to do that. Steel also has more dimensions, while Etem was a strangely skating speed and shoot one-trick pony, Steel is more developed in most areas: smoother skater, higher IQ, better vision, leadership, can both score/pass, plays on both ends, wins you faceoffs, simply better overall skills with and without the puck. I'd say he translates perfectly into the current smaller, faster, more skilled NHL trend.

Morand could be similar. With some strong wingers in Jones and Comtois, they could be a bright future. A dynamo fast/skill winger type guy should be drafted to complement them.

7 hours ago, DucksProg said:

No need to be Negative Nancy here, different kids, different curves.

Steel exploded onto the scene right after he was drafted while Etem needed to be overage to do that. Steel also has more dimensions, while Etem was a strangely skating speed and shoot one-trick pony, Steel is more developed in most areas: smoother skater, higher IQ, better vision, leadership, can both score/pass, plays on both ends, wins you faceoffs, simply better overall skills with and without the puck. I'd say he translates perfectly into the current smaller, faster, more skilled NHL trend.

Morand could be similar. With some strong wingers in Jones and Comtois, they could be a bright future. A dynamo fast/skill winger type guy should be drafted to complement them.

Agreed. Steel is just a more well rounded player. He plays in all situations. The only real issue I see with him is size but as you say, the league is trending smaller overall so moving forward that may not be much of an issue. He will be an NHL player.

3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:
_VaSiC-X_bigger.jpgSan Diego GullsVerified account @SDGullsAHL
First-round pick, World Junior Champion, Memorial Cup MVP, WHL Player of the Year, CHL Top Scorer, 10th all-time in Regina franchise scoring.  Sam Steel is ready to make the jump to professional hockey. ?http://bit.ly/2l9OZNM 

Wow. Either that was a superbly written article on Steele or Steele is actually AWESOME!!!!  His accolades are way up there with other very impressive young elite players. Hopefully he keeps growing and is a fit for the NHL. Excited for this one

On 6/14/2018 at 11:27 PM, RobD360 said:

Wow. Either that was a superbly written article on Steele or Steele is actually AWESOME!!!!  His accolades are way up there with other very impressive young elite players. Hopefully he keeps growing and is a fit for the NHL. Excited for this one

He may get that chance soon enough with a week to go.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck