niltes

flames

42 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Kind of my point, it's a fast game.

If you have to go back "several years", you probably shouldn't coin him as a dirty player. It's an unfortunate incident, it wasn't intentional or he'd have a history of it. He doesn't. He's a great Captain. Even wins "fittest Flame" for some years running. Why work that hard to be a dirty player? It is sad to portray him that way, even NHL Radio was making fun of Murray for his Gio comments.

Dirty hit several years ago = history.  I mean, it's the literal definition of history.

And NHL radio picking on the Ducks is hardly evidence of anything.  As if they'd give a team from Anaheim the benefit of the doubt over a Canadian team.

2 people like this

15 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I'm sure Flames fan would be singing a different tune if it was Kesler on Little Johnny.

Johnny would hit the ice clutching the wrong leg before Kes got to within three feet of him. Kes would be suspended a game, Perry given goalie interference, then Maroon tossed from Edmonton's game for good measure.

4 people like this

2 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Johnny would hit the ice clutching the wrong leg before Kes got to within three feet of him. Kes would be suspended a game, Perry given goalie interference, then Maroon tossed from Edmonton's game for good measure.

Also, Pronger would feel his elbow twitch, just for good measure.

4 people like this

6 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Good luck to your side.

Thank you conundrumed.  It was certainly a tough series, and IMO, much closer than two years ago, regardless of the number of games won.  Flames should have some good times ahead.  Really like Sam Bennett and Michael Ferland's game.  Both would make good Ducks :lol:.  Some improved goalie play, and the series is certainly tighter yet.  Sure we'll meet up again in the next year or two.  Appreciate your hospitality on the Calgary Message Board.  All the best.  Fowl....

Edited by Fowl
1 person likes this

15 hours ago, conundrumed said:

If you have to go back "several years", you probably shouldn't coin him as a dirty player. It's an unfortunate incident, it wasn't intentional or he'd have a history of it. He doesn't. He's a great Captain. Even wins "fittest Flame" for some years running. Why work that hard to be a dirty player? It is sad to portray him that way, even NHL Radio was making fun of Murray for his Gio comments.

As if there is no Canadian bias going on there. That's like Flames fans saying they know the call was wrong because the Sportsnet commentary said so....because they're so unbiased. 

That said, I don't think Gio is generally the type of player looking to injure others, even though that was a dirty play. He's not Dustin Brown sticking his knee out every other game. I'd still love to have Gio on my team. 

17 hours ago, conundrumed said:

That is ridiculous. That's one of the most hack things I've ever read. Yeah, Gio is Matt Cooke. Get a life that involves watching hockey. Nice erroneous statement that completely overlooks the facts, but why let facts get in the way of your ridiculous statement.

I get that Gio took Fowler out, but get real.

Gio did the same thing, late in the season, to Bobby Ryan. First time is an oopsie, second time is a pattern.

Well, my intention kind of got lost here so I apologize for that. I guess if it were your C you guys would defend him much the same. Nature of the beast, lol.

Now go kick the excrement out of the Oilers!!

3 people like this

20 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Well, my intention kind of got lost here so I apologize for that. I guess if it were your C you guys would defend him much the same. Nature of the beast, lol.

No worries, you touched a nerve, but the well wishes are appreciated. Best of luck next season.

3 people like this

20 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I don't think Giordano is a dirty player, but you can surely understand with the Ducks' history of defensemen getting hurt late in the season on questionable hits that we were frustrated there was no penalty or fine on the play. 

1 person likes this

20 hours ago, conundrumed said:

That is ridiculous. That's one of the most hack things I've ever read. Yeah, Gio is Matt Cooke. Get a life that involves watching hockey. Nice erroneous statement that completely overlooks the facts, but why let facts get in the way of your ridiculous statement.

I get that Gio took Fowler out, but get real.

I don't think there was any intent, but it was a bad hit (that resulted in injury) and should have at least been penalized... knee on knee is NEVER clean, accidental or not.

Edited by ZTHER
1 person likes this

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, conundrumed said:

In return, I will say that I was kind of embarrassed by Bieksa punching Goudreau in the side of the helmet in game 2 (I believe it was the second period). It didn't end up doing any damage, but seemed like a cheap play. I was kind of surprised no one said anything about it after the game, when everyone must've seen it on tv. Then again it was an extremely chippy game...didn't like Bennett's multiple cross checks to a guy on the ice either. But still, a cheap play is a cheap play in my opinion.

It wasn't a cheap play, it was direct payback for JG trying to injure Bieksa just a second before that.  JG fell purposefully hard on the side of B's legs, trying to do damage and to keep him down just in case there was a cherry pick coming.  Go check the replay, if it goes back far enough.  They both fall, JG on top, JG gets up and starts to skate away, Bieksa gets up and punches him in the side of the head as they skate to the side and out of the zone.

Bieksa has not been a dirty player while on the Ducks, regardless of his other faults.  He won't take any poop, however, and JG was trying to dish it out.

Edited by Fisix
2 people like this