The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spartan9

Emerson Etem

Is Etem hurt? Last I remember he was on the Gulls, but it doesn't look like he's played at all this year. May not be living up to his potential, but it would be weird if he wasn't playing at all.

45 minutes ago, Spartan9 said:

Is Etem hurt? Last I remember he was on the Gulls, but it doesn't look like he's played at all this year. May not be living up to his potential, but it would be weird if he wasn't playing at all.

He was hurt all year.  I think it was a knee injury and he had surgery, but I may not be remembering correctly.

1 hour ago, gorbachav5 said:

He was hurt all year.  I think it was a knee injury and he had surgery, but I may not be remembering correctly.

Sounds about right. Season ending, mid-season knee surgery. Not sure what his future with the club is though, he's still an RFA and will need a new contract this summer. He's arb eligible, which doesn't matter much, I think, given his free fall. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Does Murray qualify him? Does he let him walk? Seems like Etem could still be a solid 4th liner or AHL vet at worst. 

3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I'd love Etem as a 4th liner.

2010 draft already representing on the 4th line!

Wagner was taken about 100 picks later in the same draft...

4 hours ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Sounds about right. Season ending, mid-season knee surgery. Not sure what his future with the club is though, he's still an RFA and will need a new contract this summer. He's arb eligible, which doesn't matter much, I think, given his free fall. It'll be interesting to see what happens. Does Murray qualify him? Does he let him walk? Seems like Etem could still be a solid 4th liner or AHL vet at worst. 

Crazy how he was once Central Scouting's 8th best North American player in the 2010 draft. That draft included Taylor Hall, Tyler Sguin, Justin Faulk, Cam Fowler, Tyler Toffoli, Jaden Schwartz, Charlie Coyle, and Ryan Johansen from North America.

Hope he can get his career back on track.

10 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

Crazy how he was once Central Scouting's 8th best North American player in the 2010 draft. That draft included Taylor Hall, Tyler Sguin, Justin Faulk, Cam Fowler, Tyler Toffoli, Jaden Schwartz, Charlie Coyle, and Ryan Johansen from North America.

Hope he can get his career back on track.

Yeah, I wasn't alone in overestimating his hockey IQ. Yakupov was once the 1st overall as well, it happens.

9 hours ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Yeah, I wasn't alone in overestimating his hockey IQ. Yakupov was once the 1st overall as well, it happens.

And Patrick Stefan says hi.

1 hour ago, DucksFan_08 said:

And Patrick Stefan says hi.

Ha, stupid Atlanta. 

I don't know about him though, the other guys (Etem, Yak) had a great set of physical tools that seemed to hit a wall when the NHL level wasn't going to allow them to succeed on that alone. Whereas Stefan might be a better example of a guy that doesn't have the greatest physical tools (skating in particular), but managed to carve out a successful NHL career with his smarts. He sure wasn't worthy of a first overall though, but had he been taken at mid- to low- first round draft spot, it'd probably be seen as a fairly savvy pick. 

On 2017-4-27 at 2:53 AM, gorbachav5 said:

I'd love Etem as a 4th liner.

You aren't satisfied with Boll?