Jiggy2win

Fowler contact extension

198 posts in this topic

Pierre Lebrun:

Contract talks expected to resume next week between Ducks and Cam Fowler's camp. So far this season talks have been positive. (con't)

All signs point toward an extension although nothing is done until it's done. Can't officially sign until July 1 (one year left on contract)

Rad. Huge Fowler fan.

Call him soft if you may but at least he has a decent jersey number. Looking at you Lindholm, what the hell!

6 people like this

26 minutes ago, poum said:

Rad. Huge Fowler fan.

Call him soft if you may but at least he has a decent jersey number. Looking at you Lindholm, what the hell!

47, 45, 42... what's up with these kids and their goofy sweater numbers?

6x6 for Cam sounds about right to me. Friedman said that a few GM's told him they see Cam getting something like 7-8mil max term if he hits the market. That's lunacy. 

Just now, AustinDuck27 said:

6x6 for Cam sounds about right to me. Friedman said that a few GM's told him they see Cam getting something like 7-8mil max term if he hits the market. That's lunacy. 

No one's wearing 6 or 7 right now. How about some 20's?

6 years, 6 million sounds dead on for someone who continues to improve, but will not necessarily be the overtly dominant number one who warrants 7-8 million per. 

Just now, Drake12 said:

6 years, 6 million sounds dead on for someone who continues to improve, but will not necessarily be the overtly dominant number one who warrants 7-8 million per. 

Dude... did you just... I can't even look at you right now. :P

Image result for cogliano goal celebration

6 people like this

1 minute ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Dude... did you just... I can't even look at you right now. :P

Image result for cogliano goal celebration

I seriously did, I am rather chagrined at myself. :wacko: No excuses when I can remember we've got a 2, 3, 4, 5, (8)....but forget Cogs. Sorry Iron Man.

4 people like this

6 minutes ago, Drake12 said:

I seriously did, I am rather chagrined at myself. :wacko: No excuses when I can remember we've got a 2, 3, 4, 5, (8)....but forget Cogs. Sorry Iron Man.

Well, in fairness, he was so invisible in these playoffs it could be easy to forget he's still on the team. Zing.

edit- Ok, #7 had a big goal in game 7, but outside of that I'm pretty disappointed with our iron man this Spring.

Edited by AustinDuck27
1 person likes this

Nice. I wish there was a way to keep our entire defence intact for next season but yeah, Vegas screwed that up for us. Keeping Fowler is the right choice. The media spent the entire conference finals making Josi seem like the next coming of Lidstrom when all biases aside I honestly thought he was significantly outplayed by Fowler. Sucks that we're likely gonna have to lose a player who grew up loving the team in Vatanen but something needs to be done about our forward depth and I can't see anyone biting on Theodore + that stupid draft is forcing a move.

Keeping Fowler is definitely the right choice. Hopefully he continues to grow. We need an actual #1 Dmen and Fowler is the closet thing at the moment.

4 people like this

5 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Well, in fairness, he was so invisible in these playoffs it could be easy to forget he's still on the team. Zing.

edit- Ok, #7 had a big goal in game 7, but outside of that I'm pretty disappointed with our iron man this Spring.

Blasphemy alert: I bet he was injured. He took several massive hits in each round and would spend entire shifts limping around but refusing to shut down for the night. To be fair, that entire line was a disappointment outside of Silfverberg. They got worked too hard through the first four months of the season and broke down.

6 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Blasphemy alert: I bet he was injured. He took several massive hits in each round and would spend entire shifts limping around but refusing to shut down for the night. To be fair, that entire line was a disappointment outside of Silfverberg. They got worked too hard through the first four months of the season and broke down.

All true. His warrior status is never in question.

Back on topic, this is great news about Cam and I'm pretty optimistic that he'll sign a team-friendly contract. 

Top 4: Lindholm, Fowler, Manson, Montour

Bottom pair options: Theodore, Stoner/Bieksa, Despres (?), Holzer (?)

Potential youngsters on the cusp: Megna, Welinski, Larsson

Looks good to me. 

Edited by AustinDuck27

58 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Seabrook got a 8 x $6.85 extension two years ago... I think Fowler who is younger gets something closer to 6 x $7...

Edited by ZTHER

7 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

On another note, Friedman surmises that if Fowler gets signed, Vatanen may go to Dallas for the 3rd overall pick?

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-dallas-stars-anaheim-ducks-cam-fowler/2017/05/25/

Sooo...that would basically be Eaves + 3rd for Vatanen + 28th? Sounds like a slam dunk from our end lol But I wonder if there is still ANY hope in getting someone like...Landeskog...Colorado could really use some D....

Just now, Jasoaks said:

Sooo...that would basically be Eaves + 3rd for Vatanen + 28th? Sounds like a slam dunk from our end lol But I wonder if there is still ANY hope in getting someone like...Landeskog...Colorado could really use some D....

Somehow Murray's kept the window open longer than expected... with the back end only getting better and Rakell and S33 rounding out, I'd hope that Anaheim lands a immediate top six contributor for Vatanen... the younger the better (i.e. Drouin) but I'd be happy with a guy like Landeskog... then the Ducks would really be the Dirty Ducks...

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

On another note, Friedman surmises that if Fowler gets signed, Vatanen may go to Dallas for the 3rd overall pick?

http://mynhltraderumors.com/nhl-rumors-dallas-stars-anaheim-ducks-cam-fowler/2017/05/25/

It would take a LOT more from the Ducks.  I could see Vatanen going for their second round pick.  But they'd need to give them Vatanen and Theodore at least.  Even in a weak draft that third pick is going to be expensive.

Just now, gorbachav5 said:

It would take a LOT more from the Ducks.  I could see Vatanen going for their second round pick.  But they'd need to give them Vatanen and Theodore at least.  Even in a weak draft that third pick is going to be expensive.

Dallas is in get better now mode... and I'd hope that the Ducks are in win now mode... to me that trade doesn't address Anaheim's immediate issues.

51 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I wouldn't add much on top of Vats for 3rd overall. That's how little I value this draft.

Edited by liquid13
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Drake12 said:

2 hours ago, Drake12 said:

and Despres is #6...

...wondering for how long

Edited by DucksProg

1 hour ago, ZTHER said:

I assume this was posted before Murray announced that Sami has a major shoulder injury that will require surgery and 5+ months of rehab.

23 minutes ago, liquid13 said:

I wouldn't add much on top of Vats for 3rd overall. That's how little I value this draft.

I don't think it makes sense for the Ducks anyway.  They need current assets and the third pick in this draft probably won't contribute for another season or two.  The only way this makes sense is if it's the only offer they have for one of their d-men who needs to be protected.

10 minutes ago, DucksProg said:

and Despres is #6...

...wondering for how long

Ugh, this is what I get for trying to go cold turkey off black coffee. :blink: When did he swap from 24?

1 hour ago, ZTHER said:

Dallas is in get better now mode... and I'd hope that the Ducks are in win now mode... to me that trade doesn't address Anaheim's immediate issues.

It does if it's Theodore +/ Ritchie who net a top forward (i.e. Drouin) and Vatanen is turned into something instead of lost for nothing.

1 hour ago, ZTHER said:

Ducks have 2 second round picks as well, so with that No.3 overall pick potentially in hand that could even turn into a No.1 or 2 that lands a Nolan Patrick or Nico Hischier.

4 minutes ago, Drake12 said:

Ugh, this is what I get for trying to go cold turkey off black coffee. :blink: When did he swap from 24?

Must have been last offseason as really haven't seen him don that #6 in action.

10 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

I assume this was posted before Murray announced that Sami has a major shoulder injury that will require surgery and 5+ months of rehab.

Is there any source for that?

4 minutes ago, DucksProg said:

Is there any source for that?

Bob Murray. It's all over twitter. Stephens, Zupke, etc. all reporting it from BM's interview. Both Vats and Hamper had torn labrums. Vats' is worse.

Curtis Zupke @curtiszupke
Lindholm will need 4-5 months of recovery and Vatanen needs longer, Murray said.

Eric StephensVerified account @icemancometh
Actual quote from GMBM on Vatanen is "worse." To sum up: "They both have bad shoulders."

Good luck trading him for value now.
Edited by dtsdlaw

19 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Bob Murray. It's all over twitter. Stephens, Zupke, etc. all reporting it from BM's interview. Both Vats and Hamper had torn labrums. Vats' is worse.

Curtis Zupke @curtiszupke
Lindholm will need 4-5 months of recovery and Vatanen needs longer, Murray said.

Eric StephensVerified account @icemancometh
Actual quote from GMBM on Vatanen is "worse." To sum up: "They both have bad shoulders."

Good luck trading him for value now.

Vats will miss October, maybe November from the season, so? You make the playoffs in March and April. He's also locked up for multiple years at a decent rate.

This surgery barely changes his value if at all.

Edited by DucksProg
1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, DucksProg said:

Vats will miss October, maybe November from the season, so? You make the playoffs in March and April. He's also locked up for multiple years at a decent rate.

This surgery barely changes his value if at all.

lol, ok. 

This injury now has every GM in the league thinking of ways to low-ball GMBM. 

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

lol, ok. 

This injury now has every GM in the league thinking of ways to low-ball GMBM. 

As they should, they should be fired otherwise.

It's a shot they gotta take, but nonetheless a shot that should miss.

GMBM only has to find one suitor, and there are many other GMs who are in need of a D-man and could be low-balled because of various reasons.

Edited by DucksProg

So much for trading Sami over the summer....