The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paddi69

Trading LIndholm

whats ur asking price for lindholm? Im a leafs fan and most leafs are on the manson bandwagon but I wanted a ducks opinion unbiased as poss. so for expansion draft. my proposal to other leafs fans now Lindholm is out for 6 months is to trade for him while value at its lowest its gona be and its nowhere near low. so how far off am I ill give little input for reasoning, it might be off but not a ducks fan so be easy on me. without further a doo. side note tried being objective on my ratings of leaf players/prospects if u don't no who they are.

1st line LW JVR,  A prospect Dman Neilson, A prospect RW Bracco, versatile grinder powerFW 3line Hyman, SJ 2nd RP next year and one of marincin1.25m/marchy1.45m both Dmen for exposer requirements (could retain salary on JVR or Dman) FOR Lindholm, stoner (Salary dump) and Bieksa(salary dump)(assume he Waives NM. otherwise he's gona get bought out losing him money). reason is both 7.25m wont play much next season if ur D prospects r fully NHL ready and ur up against cap. so u could protect 1-3-7 G gibby  D  vatman manson, fowler, F JVR perry, gets, kesler, rakell, Silverberg, and one of emerson/kerd/shaw/cogliano.

thanks for reading/feedback

28 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

For Lindholm?  Nylander, Brown, and an editor for you.

For sure Nylander. But since we're talking hypothetical here how about Vatanen for Nylander instead. Vats projected to come back by December. 

The off season is officially in full swing. Hi Leafs Nation.

Lindholm = untouchable. He'd only be in a trade for other untouchable players (Matthews, Marner +, Nylander ++), so in other words, it's a waste of bandwidth.

I don't see the Ducks wanting to move: Fowler, Manson, or Montour, unless the return is just too good to deny, or if Fowler's contract demands are out of reach.

Available are likely: Vatanen, Theodore... and cap dumps: Stoner, Despres, or Bieksa. 

Zero interest in JVR. Not the player we need, he'd basically be an overpriced rental that we'd be unlikely to re-sign. Assuming the TO big three are off the table, guys like Kadri and Connor Brown would be interesting, but I would think a deal around Vatanen is where we'd start. 

1 hour ago, paddi69 said:

whats ur asking price for lindholm? Im a leafs fan and most leafs are on the manson bandwagon but I wanted a ducks opinion unbiased as poss. so for expansion draft. my proposal to other leafs fans now Lindholm is out for 6 months is to trade for him while value at its lowest its gona be and its nowhere near low. so how far off am I ill give little input for reasoning, it might be off but not a ducks fan so be easy on me. without further a doo. side note tried being objective on my ratings of leaf players/prospects if u don't no who they are.

1st line LW JVR,  A prospect Dman Neilson, A prospect RW Bracco, versatile grinder powerFW 3line Hyman, SJ 2nd RP next year and one of marincin1.25m/marchy1.45m both Dmen for exposer requirements (could retain salary on JVR or Dman) FOR Lindholm, stoner (Salary dump) and Bieksa(salary dump)(assume he Waives NM. otherwise he's gona get bought out losing him money). reason is both 7.25m wont play much next season if ur D prospects r fully NHL ready and ur up against cap. so u could protect 1-3-7 G gibby  D  vatman manson, fowler, F JVR perry, gets, kesler, rakell, Silverberg, and one of emerson/kerd/shaw/cogliano.

thanks for reading/feedback

Lindholm for Matthews.

i'm sure the ducks would prefer to trade sami over hampus, but the

issue with that is that his trade value is hurt by the severity of his injury.

hampus is a bigger and better player. sami has tenacity, speed, and

competitiveness. put sami in theodore's body and you would have a

long term all star dman. someone will have to go or the ducks will

lose one in the draft unless they give las vegas a pick or a player.

17 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

For Lindholm?  Nylander, Brown, and an editor for you.

Would love to add Connor Brown he's one of my friends cousin... but not at the cost of Lindholm.

30 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

Would love to add Connor Brown he's one of my friends cousin... but not at the cost of Lindholm.

Same here (minus the relation :P). I don't see why the Leafs would want to move a kid like Brown though, he's a late bloomer but he has some nice upside still and an endless motor. I could see us adding him to play with Kes/Cogs as a new checking line, freeing up Silfvy to play in a more offensive role. I'd feel a little uneasy moving Vats for him though, I feel we need a more creative offensive player in return, but if they added to Brown that'd sway me. Theo--->Brown even up would be solid though.

12 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

Same here (minus the relation :P). I don't see why the Leafs would want to move a kid like Brown though, he's a late bloomer but he has some nice upside still and an endless motor. I could see us adding him to play with Kes/Cogs as a new checking line, freeing up Silfvy to play in a more offensive role. I'd feel a little uneasy moving Vats for him though, I feel we need a more creative offensive player in return, but if they added to Brown that'd sway me. Theo--->Brown even up would be solid though.

Agreed... I wouldn't move Vatanen for him either unless it was a package with maybe JVR (Ducks would have to add).

In the 7-3-1 protection Anaheim has that 7th forward slot wide open (Getzlaf, Kesler, Perry, Rakell, S33, Cogliano, XXX) so if you're trading Vatanen or Fowler you're OK with getting back a forward you'll have to protect... like Drouin (drool).

http://editorinleaf.com/2017/05/29/toronto-maple-leafs-connor-brown-ducks/

They didn't float Theodore but that's a trade I'd make too. I see Theodore blossoming into Jake Gardiner at best.

46 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

To be fair, most of the value there is in an editor for the original poster.  Without that, they'd have to throw in a first and Marner.

30 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

Agreed... I wouldn't move Vatanen for him either unless it was a package with maybe JVR (Ducks would have to add).

In the 7-3-1 protection Anaheim has that 7th forward slot wide open (Getzlaf, Kesler, Perry, Rakell, S33, Cogliano, XXX) so if you're trading Vatanen or Fowler you're OK with getting back a forward you'll have to protect... like Drouin (drool).

http://editorinleaf.com/2017/05/29/toronto-maple-leafs-connor-brown-ducks/

They didn't float Theodore but that's a trade I'd make too. I see Theodore blossoming into Jake Gardiner at best.

For Theo, I'm sticking with my Judas Schultz comparison, maybe a slightly better version all said and done. The Leafs probably prefer a right-shot RD with Rielly and Gardiner down the left side, but Theo does play both sides of the ice fwiw. He'd probably be an upgrade to Marincin immediately, and eventually allow them to move out Gardiner. Not sure if that's enough to warrant moving a worker bee 20/40 scorer like Brown. They probably ask for Montour, Murray asks for Nylander, both GMs have a good laugh and hang up.

5 hours ago, niltes said:

i'm sure the ducks would prefer to trade sami over hampus, but the

issue with that is that his trade value is hurt by the severity of his injury.

hampus is a bigger and better player. sami has tenacity, speed, and competitiveness. put sami in theodore's body and you would have a long term all star dman. someone will have to go or the ducks will lose one in the draft unless they give las vegas a pick or a player.

Potentially Montour?

For the right return I'd move Hamphus. That said, if Fowler didn't get the right return last offseason... Hamphus won't this offseason. Vatanen and Theo are most likely to move.

On 6/3/2017 at 3:30 PM, Thom-74 said:

For the right return I'd move Hamphus. That said, if Fowler didn't get the right return last offseason... Hamphus won't this offseason. Vatanen and Theo are most likely to move.

Hampus for Drouin + 1st round pick this year or next. B):ph34r:

4 minutes ago, DUCKSDOC said:

Drouin is a great piece but there's no way I'd give up a 23 year old d-man with borderline elite defensive stats that's signed for the next 5 seasons for a winger and a first round gamble. Even with our scouting the chances of ending up with another Hampus are slim. His offence might not put him on the same level as a Karlsson or a Hedman but IMO when it comes to pure defence, he's right up there with the best of them. Something along the lines of Hampus for Draisaitl is where I'd start considering a trade. Don't even care if I'm overrating him here tbh. 

16 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Drouin is a great piece but there's no way I'd give up a 23 year old d-man with borderline elite defensive stats that's signed for the next 5 seasons for a winger and a first round gamble. Even with our scouting the chances of ending up with another Hampus are slim. His offence might not put him on the same level as a Karlsson or a Hedman but IMO when it comes to pure defence, he's right up there with the best of them. Something along the lines of Hampus for Draisaitl is where I'd start considering a trade. Don't even care if I'm overrating him here tbh. 

Yessir.

For the sake of guaging value, Draisaitl is exactly where I'd start. Though, in my NHL17 world I'd say let's just keep Hampus and offersheet Dr. Drai. Go for maximum screwing over of the Oil. 

supposedly there is a ton of interest in sami despite his injury. trading him opens

up some cap room and a roster spot.  with montour, theodore, and maybe even

someone less experienced NHL ready, this could be a good thing.  let us not

forget that stoner and depres are still on the roster too.

On 6/4/2017 at 11:47 PM, DUCKSDOC said:

Ducks spent how many years trying to get a No. 1 defenseman? Now they have one signed to a very team-friendly deal and people are talking about trading him. SMDH.

(P.S. we can talk about potential Lindholm deals all day, but he's not getting moved.)

On 6/5/2017 at 0:05 AM, PetrSykora said:

You're not. Lindholm is that good.

I wouldn't even do Lindholm for Draisaitl. Lindholm has a proven track record going back to when he was a rookie that he makes every defenseman he plays with look better. Draisaitl's point totals are pretty sexy, but there's not enough of a sample size of him carrying his own line to know if he's actually that good or if he's a good player that has played with great players. 

hampus is pretty tall.  as he gets older, stronger, and more experienced

he could easily become the player that leads this team to the promised land.

look at fowler,  he's certainly improved as he's matured;  i suspect 

lindholm's  ceiling is higher though.

regarding drouin,  the issue with him is that he's an RFA.  that means that he will re-sign

at a very expensive $ or if acquired would have to be traded as the ducks do not have

a lot of cap room. they would probably prefer to use any cap space to get depth rather than

drouin.

4 hours ago, niltes said:

regarding drouin,  the issue with him is that he's an RFA.  that means that he will re-sign

at a very expensive $ or if acquired would have to be traded as the ducks do not have

a lot of cap room. they would probably prefer to use any cap space to get depth rather than

drouin.

Yeah, the potential contract demands from Drouin are a concern. He could be a tough customer, even for an RFA savant like Murray. That said, I don't see Murray trading for him blindly without some sense of what JD is looking for on his coming contract and knowing that it fits in with our future cap situation. Murray was pretty critical of the kid not long ago, tough to see Drouin coming here no matter how much sense it makes on paper.

That link had a bit of TOR bias. Nice little comparative analysis though they overvalue JVR. He's UFA after this year who will be on the wrong side of 30 and will also be asking for upwards of $6m+ BUT they think Vats is not enough LOL .... I repeat L-O-L.