The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paddi69

Trading LIndholm

From Friedman: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-might-waive-no-move-clause-ahead-expansion-draft/

12. Cam Fowler prediction: he re-signs in Anaheim for something around eight years and a $6.5 million average. When he slipped to 12th in the 2010 draft, one of the reasons was that he didn’t interview well. He admitted at the time he was uncomfortable with the process. As an awkward 19-year-old myself, I was sympathetic. Have always wanted to see him do well to overcome that, and he’s earned it.

13. Don’t think the Ducks are in on Evander Kane. I’d heard that, and have seen it reported, but the Intel suggests otherwise. As half the league swoops around Sami Vatanen, the Ducks are conscious of cap concerns. I’m not sure they wish to take a ton of salary back. Certainly, from a purely hockey point of view, a Vatanen-Jonathan Drouin deal makes sense, but not sure the Ducks can fit a new deal for the talented forward. They’ve got lots of options, tough.

2 hours ago, RobD360 said:

That link had a bit of TOR bias. Nice little comparative analysis though they overvalue JVR. He's UFA after this year who will be on the wrong side of 30 and will also be asking for upwards of $6m+ BUT they think Vats is not enough LOL .... I repeat L-O-L. 

Yes it is......His UFA status might be a good thing IF the trade hapened (I hope not) 

3 hours ago, Mooseduck said:

Vatanen for JVR?....How bout Vatanen for JVR,Toronto's First round Pick and Kapanen.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

And they include all this, then Anaheim can move JVR at the deadline !   

2 hours ago, ZTHER said:

From Friedman: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-might-waive-no-move-clause-ahead-expansion-draft/

12. Cam Fowler prediction: he re-signs in Anaheim for something around eight years and a $6.5 million average. When he slipped to 12th in the 2010 draft, one of the reasons was that he didn’t interview well. He admitted at the time he was uncomfortable with the process. As an awkward 19-year-old myself, I was sympathetic. Have always wanted to see him do well to overcome that, and he’s earned it.

13. Don’t think the Ducks are in on Evander Kane. I’d heard that, and have seen it reported, but the Intel suggests otherwise. As half the league swoops around Sami Vatanen, the Ducks are conscious of cap concerns. I’m not sure they wish to take a ton of salary back. Certainly, from a purely hockey point of view, a Vatanen-Jonathan Drouin deal makes sense, but not sure the Ducks can fit a new deal for the talented forward. They’ve got lots of options, tough.

You are ONLY 19 - I am VERY VERY IMPRESSED !! Keep up the good work !! :P

2 hours ago, ZTHER said:

If we can actually get Drouin with Vatanen as the main piece then we definitely have to make the money work too. Drouin would be perfect.

On 6/9/2017 at 11:52 PM, AustinDuck27 said:

Yeah, the potential contract demands from Drouin are a concern. He could be a tough customer, even for an RFA savant like Murray. That said, I don't see Murray trading for him blindly without some sense of what JD is looking for on his coming contract and knowing that it fits in with our future cap situation. Murray was pretty critical of the kid not long ago, tough to see Drouin coming here no matter how much sense it makes on paper.

Exactly. Murph isn't going to trade for him unless he can sign him.