The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drake12

6 June 2007-10 years on

On 7/15/2017 at 1:40 PM, niltes said:

i'm still upset that sami pahlsson didn't win the conn smythe.

Pronger should've won it IMO. I doubt anyone would've wanted to vote for the biggest villain in the sport coming off two suspensions in under a month so they gave it to the next best thing in Niedermayer. A very strong case could also be made for Giguere but as good as he was, he wasn't on the same level as he was in 2003 and Brodeur fanboys are still whining about that selection. Just goes to show how strong that team was when you can't come to a consensus playoff MVP. 

Pahlsson got robbed in Selke voting without a doubt though. Brind'Amour going back to back when his team didn't even make the playoffs? C'mon now. 

1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

Pronger should've won it IMO. I doubt anyone would've wanted to vote for the biggest villain in the sport coming off two suspensions in under a month so they gave it to the next best thing in Niedermayer. A very strong case could also be made for Giguere but as good as he was, he wasn't on the same level as he was in 2003 and Brodeur fanboys are still whining about that selection. Just goes to show how strong that team was when you can't come to a consensus playoff MVP. 

Pahlsson got robbed in Selke voting without a doubt though. Brind'Amour going back to back when his team didn't even make the playoffs? C'mon now. 

Pahlsson had a good case. A very strong one. He probably should have won it. But giving it to an obscure third line grinder over marketable names like Niedermayer or Prongers wasn't happening. Hell, the team is still called the Mighty Ducks by some jerks. 

Side note: from what I hear Ray Ferraro is a huge ass hat, as a person. Nice to know he keeps his personal life and commentary consistent.

3 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Agreed, I thought the Selke vote was a joke. It was like Lidstrom winning so many basically on name alone. Awards are always going to be subjective though.

The Conn Smythe honestly could have gone to about 10 different players on that 2007 team, they were so well balanced.