The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

2017-18 Schedule

Not surprising, I'm betting the NHL is picking that to be a good rivalry.

I know they would like to sellout their first home game, but would anyone really want their home ice to have more obnoxious Queens' fans than home fans on opening night?

12 minutes ago, AustinDuck27 said:

The Kings do the preseason Frozen Fury thing in Vegas every year, they seem like a logical choice for the Knights' home-opener.

Yeah not to mention both teams have that medieval branding thing going on and expansion team quality rosters. It makes sense.

57 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

Yeah not to mention both teams have that medieval branding thing going on and expansion team quality rosters. It makes sense.

Sure. The Kings have so many great memories in that town: Stoll's pool party.

2 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

Which means no one watching the game will be able to tell who's who.  I'm thinking flames.  I'd say Detroit, but I think they want to give them a chance to win their first game.  What team would give them the best chance, and not be easily mistaken for them in terms of colors and insignia?

On 6/15/2017 at 1:30 PM, Fisix said:

Which means no one watching the game will be able to tell who's who.  I'm thinking flames.  I'd say Detroit, but I think they want to give them a chance to win their first game.  What team would give them the best chance, and not be easily mistaken for them in terms of colors and insignia?

Vancouver? Arizona? They're both pretty terrible.

On 6/15/2017 at 1:46 PM, AustinDuck27 said:

Sure. The Kings have so many great memories in that town: Stoll's pool party.

Accidentally read this as "Stool party"

Perfect description of the the 2012-14 Kings if you think about it actually

Home openers are out.

Looks like Anaheim's is Oct 5 vs Arizona, and we don't play at any other team's opener. Home stand to start the season for once? Could be nice.

10 hours ago, nieder said:

Home openers are out.

Looks like Anaheim's is Oct 5 vs Arizona, and we don't play at any other team's opener. Home stand to start the season for once? Could be nice.

Works for me. All those opening ceremonies do for me are delay the puck drop. 

2 hours ago, wataduk said:

No day after Thanksgiving game vs Chicago this year.
:(

Love this!  I'm so tired of the Pond being filled with obnoxious Chicago fans, the inflated ticket prices for that game, and watching the refs make and not make ridiculous calls. Seeing a different team is going to be a nice change.

We also have the Season Opener, Season Finale, and New Year's Eve against the Yotes. Gift from NHL? Starting at HOME for the first time in 7 years? Wow!

Or maybe it's just their way of showing us 'You guys suck and should stick to the teams that suck, same boat - less huff-puff'.

4 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Love this!  I'm so tired of the Pond being filled with obnoxious Chicago fans, the inflated ticket prices for that game, and watching the refs make and not make ridiculous calls. Seeing a different team is going to be a nice change.

Oh, you'll still get all of that only it will be on a different day/night.

15 hours ago, wataduk said:

Oh, you'll still get all of that only it will be on a different day/night.

I wouldn't attend a Ducks/Chicago game if it wasn't on Black Friday which has been a family tradition for years. Now I might be able to actually enjoy the game.

Trying to plan my Vegas trips, too bad Anaheim plays there on a Tuesday and a Monday. Lol.