Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Spike1981

NHL Entry Draft

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, nieder said:

Vilardi was projected between 3 and 7 in the mock drafts I saw.

Boooooo

Here's hoping he's got the career trajectory of Colton Tuebert (or Thomas Hickey)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

With the 153rd overall selection in the 2017 NHL Draft, the Ducks have selected goaltender Olle Eriksson Ek from Farjestad Jr. (Sweden-Jr.).

Eriksson Ek, 18, was ranked No. 2 among European goaltenders by NHL Central Scouting in its final rankings, and is the younger brother of Minnesota Wild forward Joel Eriksson Ek. His father, Clas, won three Swedish Hockey League championships over a 13-season career with Farjestad.

The 6-foot-2, 178-pound netminder finished the 2016-17 season with a 2.16 goals-against average and .924 save percentage in 30 games with Farjestad Jr. Furthermore, Eriksson Ek represented Sweden at the 2016 Ivan Hlinka Memorial, 5-Nations tournaments in 2016 and 2017 and the 2017 IIHF Under-18 World Championship.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, nieder said:

Sorry, I meant NHL 17. But yeah. So annoying.

That is amazing and hilarious...Phoenix must be stacked! haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jasoaks said:

That is amazing and hilarious...Phoenix must be stacked! haha

I wish I had changed their roster before I started my franchise. Datsyuk is almost unbeatable in that game. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am always doubtful about kids being drafted from the "Q". Not much defense played there.  That said, how cool is it to draft best friends 10 spots apart in the second round. Welcome to the Ducks, boys. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2017 at 11:59 AM, Fisix said:

Probably keep, and hopefully focus on some depth wingers, or maybe a goalie.

#nailedit

I like that we nabbed a couple French Canadian besties in the 2nd, and our Swede goalie pick looks interesting. Not a bad day's work for our mgt.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:
The future Getzlaf and Perry?
 

Here's a great shot of Maxime Comtois and Antoine Morand, chosen 50th and 60th overall. Best friends since they were kids. What a moment.

Are they both French? French connection. Not sure if that's a good thing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I used to draft Comtois all the time in NHL 18 and he would always end up pretty good haha.

good and I had Morand in my Eastside Hockey Manager-Team and he was a 70+ points-player... so if the games are good...

I think Comtois is nice pick (he was 24.-48. pick on all rankings) and I like his NHL Central Scouting "... plays with an edge and is willing to go to dirty areas to score goals.." that like Eaves plays and that what I want to see...

the Goalie pick was also nice, 4. overall goalie with a late 5th rounder... wow, maybe an other Andersen (Steal)...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, four players drafted played in the Jr Kings minor hockey program. Oilers 1st pick, "Kailer Yamamoto," played 16AAA for the Kings 3 years ago. Smallish kid who plays in the style of a Tyler Johnson...speed, shot, vision. I watched him play a few times over at the Toyota Sports Center.
I was searching but could not find any former Jr Ducks who were drafted this year.

I know the Jr Kings have had for quite a few years, a decent track record of kids coming from their program not the least of which was "Bobby Ryan."
Was wondering how many Jr Ducks kids have had the honor of hearing their names called on draft day this year or in years past.

Maybe somebody here has that info.

Edited by wataduk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admittedly haven't been paying very much attention to anything at all since the expansion draft.. Someone wanna explain to me why we didn't select any Swedish defencemen over the weekend? I just got caught up with everything and this feels almost unfulfilling in some bizarre way. This is too weird and I don't like it at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PetrSykora said:

I admittedly haven't been paying very much attention to anything at all since the expansion draft.. Someone wanna explain to me why we didn't select any Swedish defencemen over the weekend? I just got caught up with everything and this feels almost unfulfilling in some bizarre way. This is too weird and I don't like it at all. 

They picked a Swedish goalie. It's kinda like a defenseman who takes it to the next level. :ph34r:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2017 at 7:42 AM, DuckFan4Life said:

Translated on google. This is ugly. Comtois' helmet was off and Roy punched him in the face while they were down on the ice. Head bounced.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lhjmq/lhjmq-le-defenseur-des-cataractes-de-shawinigan-charlie-roy-a-ete-suspendu-indefiniment-1.5810857?platform=hootsuite


Charlie Roy suspended indefinitely for his gesture on Maxime Comtois

Maxime Comtois Maxime Comtois victim of a sneaky blow

The QMJHL suspended 20-year-old Shawinigan Charlie Roy's defender for the vicious punch he assaulted the Victoriaville Tigres striker on Saturday night.
 

Comtois lost his protective helmet on the ice during a skirmish before receiving a punch from Roy in the face, which propelled the back of his head against the icy surface.
 
Comtois then left the meeting and displayed symptoms of concussion. Roy was kicked out of the game, winning 4-2 by the Cataracts.
 
According to journalist Steve Turcotte du Nouvelliste, Roy would apologize to Comtois.
 
At the time of the incident, Comtois was at the top of the column of top scorers on the Coureau circuit (tied with Mika Cyr of the Wildcats) with 9 goals in as many encounters.

Edited by DuckFan4Life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Translated on google. This is ugly. Comtois' helmet was off and Roy punched him in the face while they were down on the ice. Head bounced.

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/lhjmq/lhjmq-le-defenseur-des-cataractes-de-shawinigan-charlie-roy-a-ete-suspendu-indefiniment-1.5810857?platform=hootsuite


Charlie Roy suspended indefinitely for his gesture on Maxime Comtois

Maxime Comtois Maxime Comtois victim of a sneaky blow

The QMJHL suspended 20-year-old Shawinigan Charlie Roy's defender for the vicious punch he assaulted the Victoriaville Tigres striker on Saturday night.
 

Comtois lost his protective helmet on the ice during a skirmish before receiving a punch from Roy in the face, which propelled the back of his head against the icy surface.
 
Comtois then left the meeting and displayed symptoms of concussion. Roy was kicked out of the game, winning 4-2 by the Cataracts.
 
According to journalist Steve Turcotte du Nouvelliste, Roy would apologize to Comtois.
 
At the time of the incident, Comtois was at the top of the column of top scorers on the Coureau circuit (tied with Mika Cyr of the Wildcats) with 9 goals in as many encounters.

That was really, really ugly.  I hope the kid is okay.  And Roy should be suspended for the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's so hard to watch, yeesh. You can even see that useless goon's own teammate reaching out to try and stop him from pummelling a defenceless player. If you wanna give that clown the benefit of the doubt and say he didn't know the helmet came off, that sort of behaviour still has no place in the sport. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 yr old overager playing his 1st year in the Q with absolutely no future in the game, takes out a kid whose future was shining brightly. POS!

15 game suspension.....really? How about throwing his useless butt out of the league?

In any other setting, that would be assault.
The punk should be brought up on charges.
At minimum, a lawsuit needs to be filed.
Sorry for venting but just furious right now.

Edited by wataduk
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...