The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dtsdlaw

Tippett out in Arizona

Sounds like Tippett just pulled the rip cord. Wonder if it's tied to the Doan situation?

Regardless, he's a great coach. Can't wait to see who gets fired in order to be replaced by Tippett.

Tippett is smart to get out of that circus.  He wont be out of work long.  One of the best coaches in the game.  

First Smith, then Doan, now Tippett.

19 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

Sounds like Tippett just pulled the rip cord. Wonder if it's tied to the Doan situation?

Regardless, he's a great coach. Can't wait to see who gets fired in order to be replaced by Tippett.

It would be interesting if Paul Maclean is hired as the new head coach of the Coyotes and Dave Tippett comes to Anaheim as an assistant. Not saying it would happen but Murray does seem to staff the assistants with former head coaches (Maclean, Yawney). 

10 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Tippett is smart to get out of that circus.  He wont be out of work long.  One of the best coaches in the game.  

First Smith, then Doan, now Tippett.

My guess would be Philadelphia. Doesn't sound like Hakstol is very popular there. Tippett was a Flyer briefly during his playing career too, and Philly seems to like to bring people "back home".

Not to mention, their arena plan with ASU fell through when ASU went, nuh-uh. 

22 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

My guess would be Philadelphia. Doesn't sound like Hakstol is very popular there. Tippett was a Flyer briefly during his playing career too, and Philly seems to like to bring people "back home".

Hopefully Tippett gets a good spot.  He's toiled for that joke of a franchise in Phoenix too long.  Curious how boy wonder GM Chayka fits in to all of this?  

Are coyotes indigenous to the Seattle area?  Seattle is still pining for a team...

It's a job for MacLean, but one doomed for failure.  As long as that's understood, I guess it would pay the bills.

And we open and close the Season against them. Also a New Year's eve game? I feel like a spoiled Pacific Division brat.

Is he a defensive or offensive coach? Nominally McLean was PP and it sucked. So can Tippett fix it for us?

I doubt Tippett would entertain an assistant slot.  Maybe a special assistant to a manager or something like that.  Coyotes are a train wreck.

Good coach but he might've overstayed his welcome a bit especially with the direction they want to take the team. The last 4 years in Arizona have been an absolute mess. Gretzky won more games in his 4 seasons as coach and he might've been the worst head coach of this era. Tippett did a fantastic job making them relevant on the ice in spite of their financial troubles once he took over. It's ironic how now that the team finally has some stability, the on-ice product has taken a complete nosedive. The lack of talent wasn't even the worst part though. They didn't care this year and it was pretty obvious.