The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Eaves a Duck!

Awesome!!!

:D

Glad to see that BM is making good use of his down time in the first round....

1 minute ago, dtsdlaw said:

Fingers crossed it's ~#3M or less AAV...

:ph34r:

3 years for $3M would be OK. Not ideal but OK. 

No NMC please. LOL

if it's three years, I'm thinking somewhere between 1.5 and 2.5M a year, probably really close to 2M, with bonuses for post season play.

1 minute ago, rdm400 said:

Looks like cap hit of $3.1. Was also hoping for under $3 but pretty close. 

Link?

1 minute ago, rdm400 said:

Close enough! I'll take it. 

1 minute ago, Fisix said:

Link?

LeBrun is tweeting it.

2 minutes ago, rdm400 said:

3 x $3.1 

Good for Eaves. 

1 minute ago, dtsdlaw said:

Close enough! I'll take it. 

LeBrun is tweeting it.

Via Mark Easson via Pirre Lebrun

3 years, $3.1 million per. I like this deal. Not saying he will score 30+ again, but his shooting percentage isn't so high that his goal total would plummet -- especially if he continues to play with Getz. 

2 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

3 x $3.1 

Good for Eaves. 

We actually still have enough cap space to add a backup goalie and trade for David Perron....

Just now, dtsdlaw said:

We actually still have enough cap space to add a backup goalie and trade for David Perron....

You whipped out the BBQ line a few days ago, are you playing on my Perron love up now you sly devil?

Not bad. I'm glad to have him back, though I hope he can still manage to have the same impact next year. This was far and away a career year for him. 3m for a 20 goal scorer with UFA rights would be decent. 

Just now, ZTHER said:

You whipped out the BBQ line a few days ago, are you playing on my Perron love up now you sly devil?

During that late stretch when Perron was injured for us, I was at a game and stepped out to get some food during the TV timeout of the 2nd period and Perron was walking the concourse in a suit after doing a fan appreciation event. My buddy and I stopped to chat him up and take photos. Dude could not have been nicer. I didn't think we could afford to re-sign him last summer, but now that we have the cap space I'm all in for bringing him back. Perron-Getzlaf-Eaves would be very interesting IMO, and we could then put Ritchie-Raks-Pears on a line and have three legit scoring lines.

7 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

If we bring in someone like Bonino or Perron (or Thornton maybe) suddenly we have forward depth.

Eaves-Getz-Perry

Cogs-Kes-Silf

Ritchie-Bonino?-Rakell

Wags-Vermette-Kase/Boll

10 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

During that late stretch when Perron was injured for us, I was at a game and stepped out to get some food during the TV timeout of the 2nd period and Perron was walking the concourse in a suit after doing a fan appreciation event. My buddy and I stopped to chat him up and take photos. Dude could not have been nicer. I didn't think we could afford to re-sign him last summer, but now that we have the cap space I'm all in for bringing him back. Perron-Getzlaf-Eaves would be very interesting IMO, and we could then put Ritchie-Raks-Pears on a line and have three legit scoring lines.

If he can limit the dumb offensive zone penalties, I'm all for it. 

13 minutes ago, dtsdlaw said:

The Ducks could have signed Perron last year if he wanted to stay. It seems to me that he had no desire to stay in Anaheim. 

Just now, DuckFan4Life said:

The Ducks could have signed Perron last year if he wanted to stay. It seems to me that he had no desire to stay in Anaheim. 

I just assumed he was a Rakell/Lindholm casualty. We would have had to move someone to keep him, no?

8 minutes ago, ritz10hock said:

If he can limit the dumb offensive zone penalties, I'm all for it. 

Half of those penalties the other guy had it coming!

Just now, ZTHER said:

Half of those penalties the other guy had it coming!

I remember him taking a bunch against Nashville in the first round.

Then I remember Nashville is a bunch of diving primadonnas. I take it back. Perron is an angel. 

3 years term at $3M+.  Personally, I think a two-year deal would have made more sense.  He's 33 years old......Hope it works as well in the future, as it did upon his acquisition.  

Per CapFriendly, Eaves has never made over $1.4M/season.  This is a big raise....

Excellent. I'm more concerned with the 3 years rather than $3.1mil, but very happy to have him back. He found instant chemistry here, and the PP obviously missed him when he got injured in the playoffs.