The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Eaves a Duck!

3 hours ago, rdm400 said:

Unless we move Vatanen for a 2018 first rounder I don't see us having the cap space for either of those guys. With the Fowler extension ($1MM-$1.5MM increase) and a 1B backup goalie we will only have around $2MM in cap space.  

The Fowler extension won't kick in until 2018.  He will still be at a $4 million hit next season.

4 minutes ago, nieder said:

No, his new cap hit doesn't kick in until next season. 

I'm not sure this is true as teams are able to put players on LTIR during training camp, there is a different formula to calculate the cap hit specifically for training camp. It's not the easiest thing to understand though so I could be wrong.

For what it's worth (not much), my understanding was that you couldn't put guys on LTIR until after the season starts.  There might be exceptions for guys who are essentially retired (Clarkson, Savard, etc.), but I don't think Vatanen and Kesler will be eligible for cap relief until after the season starts.

7 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

For what it's worth (not much), my understanding was that you couldn't put guys on LTIR until after the season starts.  There might be exceptions for guys who are essentially retired (Clarkson, Savard, etc.), but I don't think Vatanen and Kesler will be eligible for cap relief until after the season starts.

Page 292 of the CBA contains info on what happens prior to opening day:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

From what I gather, you have to start the season under the salary cap but simply 'loan' a player to the minors until opening day, put the injured player on LTIR and then call up the loaned player.

1 hour ago, rdm400 said:

If Fowler signs an extension on July 1st wouldn't his new cap hit be off the new contract? 

No. Not until 2018-19 when the new contract starts.

1 hour ago, rdm400 said:

If Fowler signs an extension on July 1st wouldn't his new cap hit be off the new contract? 

No. He is still under contract for the 2017-18 season at $4 million. His extension has no impact on that. 

23 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Example of this is in Chicago. The Blackhawks won't get the benefit of Hossa's situation until a game has been played. Him being gone does zero to help them this summer. 

We are small market and that is why Bob has been a great GM for us even though I hate some things he's done.  I know several years ago I went to a season seat holders meeting with Bob and he made two points I wont forget.  1) We don't have the market revenue of a lot of teams and that requires us to build from within (this was pre cap though).   2) That in this market it is hard to go through a rebuild because of all the options of things to do in OC.  I feel like this has been the reason he doesn't make a big splash at the deadline or in free agency.   

26 minutes ago, nieder said:

Page 292 of the CBA contains info on what happens prior to opening day:

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

From what I gather, you have to start the season under the salary cap but simply 'loan' a player to the minors until opening day, put the injured player on LTIR and then call up the loaned player.

+1. We also don't have our first game until day 2 of the regular season, and we'll have at least 3 and possibly 5 starters who are exempt from waivers, so it wouldn't be hard to manipulate our roster a little and call everyone up for our first game on day 2, the same day LTIR becomes available.

At the same time, you can exceed the cap limit by 10% ($7.5M) during the summer. 

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Bob Murray said Patrick Eaves's deal has a very limited no-move clause that he had no issue giving.

Oh boy. Here we go again lol 

but just as long as it's a very limited incy wincy, tiny, minuscule, small thing of a lease language add-in showing a highly restrictive but flexible clause at the same time then we're fine, right? :unsure: Seattle better not be happening anytime too soon 

Bob Murray said Patrick Eaves's deal has a very limited no-move clause that he had no issue giving.

He's moving his family to Anaheim so he wants a bit of security which is understandable. As long as it's not a NMC or a full NTC.

1 hour ago, Myuyum said:

Where is the BEARDED DUCK in the group - did he SHAVE it off to start all over again ???

maybe too long or too much,  but he would of extracted a more lucrative deal

from someone else via free agency.  more importantly he seemed to mesh

quite well this team and was a proven asset.

CapFriendly‏ @CapFriendly  19m19 minutes ago

More

CapFriendly Retweeted Eric Stephens

Patrick Eaves Limited NTC with the #Ducks is an '8 team No Trade' list.

CapFriendly‏ @CapFriendly  19m19 minutes ago

More

CapFriendly Retweeted Eric Stephens

Patrick Eaves Limited NTC with the #Ducks is an '8 team No Trade' list.

How many teams are in Canada?

19 minutes ago, Thom-74 said:

How many teams are in Canada?

Ask Mark Methot. He has all Canadian teams, other than Ottawa, on his NT list. The answer is 7; Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Canadians, Toronto, Ottawa.

1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Ask Mark Methot. He has all Canadian teams, other than Ottawa, on his NT list. The answer is 7; Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Canadians, Toronto, Ottawa.

I'm thinking he wants to stay in the U.S. Las Vegas is probably the eighth team then. That would be my guess anyways. Thanks!

My parking spot just got A LOT better! Thank you Ducks fans for all your support. It was a great day at the Honda Center yesterday with the big win and seeing everyone. Thanks for the wonderful welcome and I look forward to getting back on the ice! @AnaheimDucks #DailyMotivation

DSezg9TU8AAVspT.jpg

AGREE - but he has a long roe to hoe. He's got the best doc's and therapists in the world working with him - so if anybody can do it I would bet on him

BEST OF LUCK PATRICK FOR THE NEW YEAR !!!!! 

12 hours ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Perhaps I'm reading a little too much into his comment, but he does not sound like someone who is planning on retiring just yet.

I get the same feeling. If he didn't think he ever could, why mention getting back on the ice?