The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RobD360

Calgary Flames

This team is apparently in win-now mode. They already had a good offense and now they upgraded in goal with Mike Smith and upgraded their D with Hamonic. They will be much tougher to beat. Smith has always given the Ducks problems. The ducks beat them cause of their weak goaltending this past year. They along with the Oil are really coming up. 

33 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

This team is apparently in win-now mode. They already had a good offense and now they upgraded in goal with Mike Smith and upgraded their D with Hamonic. They will be much tougher to beat. Smith has always given the Ducks problems. The ducks beat them cause of their weak goaltending this past year. They along with the Oil are really coming up. 

Mike Smith has the exact same career save percentage as Brian Elliott.  Travis Hamonic is an upgrade, but not that much of one.  They're improved, but only slightly.  I'm not that worried.

On 6/27/2017 at 3:45 AM, Spike1981 said:

a 1th and 2nd for him, I don't understand CGY....

What's a 1th? LoL

They acquired Eddie Lack as a backup too. Mike Smiths numbers may not show how good he is; he has played for a sub par team for years. He has a much better supporting D core in front of him now and more players that can put the puck in the net. More offensive end time means less work for him overall. Hamonics play the last couple seasons may be indicative of him wanting out of NY too. He may come in next season with a flame (pun) under his rear.

Calgary making some big moves, obviously they feel they are close to being a real contender and are making the changes to get to that next level. Good for them. 

Kings fans still upset about Mike Smith's 2012 slash on Brown, who had it coming. While on the other hand, Perry is like "That's a slash, LOL!" 

calgary certainly had to cut ties with elliot just as anaheim must cut ties with bernier.

once your goalie lets you down multiple times in key spots,  it is almost impossible

for the team to ever trust him and put him in that spot again.   

Battle of Alberta is on! 

2 hours ago, poum said:

Kings fans still upset about Mike Smith's 2012 slash on Brown, who had it coming. While on the other hand, Perry is like "That's a slash, LOL!" 

Non-anon like. 

4 hours ago, niltes said:

calgary certainly had to cut ties with elliot just as anaheim must cut ties with bernier.

once your goalie lets you down multiple times in key spots,  it is almost impossible

for the team to ever trust him and put him in that spot again.   

Based on your logic  the Ducks need to cut ties with Gibson then. The guy has let the team down every year in the playoffs.

Bernier was the goalie who helped the team turn around last season while Gibson was injured. He did the job he was hired to do. He was a solid backup. I would have no complaints if the Ducks resigned him at the right price.

4 hours ago, niltes said:

i guess you must of missed the stanley cup playoffs.

Bernier has better stats this past season than Ryan Miller, Mason and Elliot. 

Don't blame Bernier for the Duck being eliminated. They lost that series because they could not score against a red hot Peka Rinne. 

8 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Based on your logic  the Ducks need to cut ties with Gibson then. The guy has let the team down every year in the playoffs.

Bernier was the goalie who helped the team turn around last season while Gibson was injured. He did the job he was hired to do. He was a solid backup. I would have no complaints if the Ducks resigned him at the right price.

I disagree, Gibson outplayed Rinne all series and had a very solid series against the Flames. Against the Oilers he was a tad shakey but I never felt he cost us the game in a loss.

on the other hand Rinne actually played relatively poorly for his standards, let in a good number bad goals. If Rinne had played the way he did year before last, we probably would've gotten swept. 

Bernier completely let our team down in our final game. There's always more factors than just s goalie, but he failed every time to make a semi hard save to keep us alive. He did very well in the regular season, but as a team I don't think you can stay with that. 

Bernier absolutely cost us those last 2 games...he was big in the regular season...and did well in the game against the Flames...but really dropped the ball in the 3rd round.

On 6/25/2017 at 2:24 AM, RobD360 said:

Just throw Smith a puck every now and then with which he can play far outside his spot for easy scoring.