The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

Ducks' Qualifying Offers

I feel bad for Etem. A few seasons ago he showed such promise. then he went to Rangers/Canucks and it seems like his career fell off the rails.

20 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

I feel bad for Etem. A few seasons ago he showed such promise. then he went to Rangers/Canucks and it seems like his career fell off the rails.

Unfortunately he was never able to transfer his juniors success to the NHL. I think he lacked vision. He got the puck and took it to the net. He didn't look for another option and most of the time, didn't even wait for another option. It would have been great if he was able to hit the back of the net every time, but it just didn't happen.

Etem made it to the NHL.  Can't take that away from him.  It's a competitive league for jobs.  He's a top six guy who is not quite good enough, and he lacks the bottom six skills to be good enough in that role.  He may hang around as a fringe NHLer, but I suspect he'll spend most of his time in the AHL or Europe.

35 minutes ago, BiolaRunner said:

I think the lasting memory I'll have of Etem is his goal against Chicago in the WCF in 2015

And his fight against Roussel. 

Time to bring the Ossas back? BM said he regretted losing Crammer.  I would really like to see him back, at least with the Gulls.

@619sports @SDGullsFans Scarbosa & Cramarossa did not receive Qualifying offers will be free to sign with any team on Sat, Ducks interested?

This is still the craziest goal I've seen someone in a Ducks sweater score. It wasn't enough to just break Trouba's ankles, he had to roof it glove side on the backhand from a ridiculous angle with a defender sprawled out in front of him. 

Been rooting for this guy ever since we drafted him in LA. He was so fun to watch in that Detroit series as a rookie. I still think he'd be a serviceable 4th liner in this league as is. He has the tools, he's just never been able to put it all together consistently. He'd be great if he could reinvent his game Cogliano style and use his speed and tenacity to become a defensive/PK role player. It's a shame they didn't sign him for the Gulls at the very least.

I hope he can sign in New Jersey honestly. Reunite him with Palmieri and DSP so those two Devils games we watch every year won't be as dull. It's weird how we already have no remaining assets from all three of those trades. I still dislike Jiri Suckac. 

^^ My take away from that was Fowler on the bench. Obviously can't take away an "A" from Perry or old man Kesler but the youngling has been making his case. 

That goal though, hahaha. It was special. 

21 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

The Anaheim #Ducks have extended Goalie Kevin Boyle to a 1 year / 2-way contract, and D-man Jaycob Megna to a 2 year / 2-way contract.

+1  Thanks for the info. We hardly sec players like Megna develop within the Ducks org. He could become a solid 6th defenseman in Anaheim in the mold of Manson or Ruslan Salei.