The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nieder

McDavid

5 hours ago, Fowl said:

McDavid is arguably the league's best player now and very well may be for years to come.  I don't think Gretzky has much to do with it. Early to say, but he might be the first one to come along and be better than Gretzky....time will tell.

With the HUGE goalie equipment along with GIANT goalies and the rule changes I don't think anyone will approach 99's numbers. He was the RIGHT man at the RIGHT time to set UNREACHABLE numbers. IMHO

17 hours ago, DUCKSDOC said:

With the HUGE goalie equipment along with GIANT goalies and the rule changes I don't think anyone will approach 99's numbers. He was the RIGHT man at the RIGHT time to set UNREACHABLE numbers. IMHO

I feel as though that confluence during the 1979-1994 period was perfect for guys like Gretz and Mario. 

On 7/5/2017 at 0:32 PM, Fowl said:

Somebody should offer sheet Draisaitl just to force Edmonton into another insane contract.  

Surprisingly enough, no offer sheet needed, they did it to themselves. 8 years, 68m. Wonder if it's bonus heavy like McD's.

On 7/13/2017 at 7:15 AM, Aksun said:

When and if he has a Sophomore Slump, he will be called Connor McFailKid.

Just seeing this ... you know this past season was McDavid's sophomore campaign, right? 

11 hours ago, ritz10hock said:

Just seeing this ... you know this past season was McDavid's sophomore campaign, right? 

No, I did not know that, I was completely sure that he was that ripe young "Next One" taking the league by storm...how silly of me. Now I feel shame.

Still overpaid.

16 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Surprisingly enough, no offer sheet needed, they did it to themselves. 8 years, 68m. Wonder if it's bonus heavy like McD's.

Way to caphell yourself, Oil.