The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drake12

San Diego Gulls 2017-2018

On 11/17/2017 at 10:47 AM, DuckFan4Life said:

The @SDGullsAHL have agreed to a PTO with center Ryan White and the Toronto @MapleLeafs have loaned center Eric Fehr to San Diego. More ?: http://bit.ly/2AYPbGk 

I'd insert Fehr into our NHL Lineup in a second. Im sure thats not how it works though. Sigh.

Checking up where the Gulls are at the standing...Not good they at Bottom of AHL Pacific Division with 7-10-1 record.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 11/29/2017 at 5:34 PM, Mooseduck said:

Checking up where the Gulls are at the standing...Not good they at Bottom of AHL Pacific Division with 7-10-1 record.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Not surprising. Over the past few months, the Ducks have stolen half their roster at a point. 

Not helping the Gills when you make this trade  

NEWS: @SDGullsAHL have traded forward Spencer Abbott to the @BingDevils for future considerations. 

More ?: bit.ly/2jcjBk2

.@spencerabbott13 put up nine goals and 25 assists (34 points) in 33 games played with San Diego. Thank you for everything, and good luck with the @NJDevils organization, Spencer!

On 12/9/2017 at 5:00 AM, poum said:

Not surprising. Over the past few months, the Ducks have stolen half their roster at a point. 

With Injury Bug affecting our Ducks of course it would affect the Gulls....many times AHL Teams are affected by lost of their players.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 12/9/2017 at 8:56 AM, DuckFan4Life said:

Not helping the Gills when you make this trade  

NEWS: @SDGullsAHL have traded forward Spencer Abbott to the @BingDevils for future considerations. 

More ?: bit.ly/2jcjBk2

.@spencerabbott13 put up nine goals and 25 assists (34 points) in 33 games played with San Diego. Thank you for everything, and good luck with the @NJDevils organization, Spencer!

WTAF were the future considerations? Bing Devils win the Calder Cup they'll share with the Gulls?

33 minutes ago, Drake12 said:

WTAF were the future considerations? Bing Devils win the Calder Cup they'll share with the Gulls?

Haven’t been able to find anything about the future considerations. 

6 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Haven’t been able to find anything about the future considerations. 

Neither have I. Giving up an undrafted, AHL productive player in the midst of a low season makes zero sense when there's nothing coming back this way. And until such time as the considerations are mentioned, that's exactly what it is. Nothing.

3 hours ago, Spencer_12 said:

Blandisi off to a good start with the Gulls - 5 goals and 4 assists in his first 10 games. 

Hope a stable lineup in San Diego and additional firepower will drive a late season surge to the playoffs.

7 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Hope a stable lineup in San Diego and additional firepower will drive a late season surge to the playoffs.

We bled them dry so much over the years, they deserve some talent for term.

"(Tropp) took an absolute heater, puck in his bare face. Blew apart his face, and I think he literally missed mixed minutes... Stitched up, eye almost closed. I think that right there shows you the commitment to our organization by Corey." - coach Eakins

10 hours ago, Fisix said:

Can’t find an article on that. 

The post is from twitter and clearly a quote from the coach.  As I’ve explained before, when I copy from twitter, I don’t always get the poster. However, for Gulls news, check the local paper or do a google search. 

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/sd-sp-gulls-bakersfield-condors-20180126-story.html

From the article:

"(Tropp) took an absolute heater, puck in his bare face,” said Eakins. “(It) blew apart his face, and I think he literally missed mixed minutes. ... Stitched up, eye almost closed. I think that right there shows you the commitment to our organization by Corey."

On 1/19/2018 at 0:22 AM, Aksun said:

We bled them dry so much over the years, they deserve some talent for term.

They'll be getting an infusion of talent next season when Steel, Jones, Kopacka and Mahura are there. Tyler Soy could be a nice addition as well.

8 hours ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

They'll be getting an infusion of talent next season when Steel, Jones, Kopacka and Mahura are there. Tyler Soy could be a nice addition as well.

I would say Troy Terry, but he's signing with Chicago next year.

/still bitter

32 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

I would say Troy Terry, but he's signing with Chicago next year.

/still bitter

I purposefully left Terry out just because of the possibility of him not signing a la Justin Schultz. We'll know for sure after the Olympics and college season. Have you heard rumors of him already making the decision to go to free agency and sign with Chicago?

1 hour ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I purposefully left Terry out just because of the possibility of him not signing a la Justin Schultz. We'll know for sure after the Olympics and college season. Have you heard rumors of him already making the decision to go to free agency and sign with Chicago?

Not at all, no.  I'm just ticked that the league has allowed this idiocy to continue.

3 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Not at all, no.  I'm just ticked that the league has allowed this idiocy to continue.

Is there a GM lobby to leave this specific backdoor open? Can't they fix the rule so that this stuff doesn't happen?

8 hours ago, Fisix said:

It's interesting how mirror-like the performance of our NHL and AHL teams are this year, relative to their respective leagues.  

While the trend in previous years was "Ducks suck - Gulls go on a rampage" and vice versa.

On 1/29/2018 at 3:58 PM, Fisix said:

It's interesting how mirror-like the performance of our NHL and AHL teams are this year, relative to their respective leagues.  

Yeah, injuries have screwed both clubs. 

12 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

The Penguins have acquired forward Joseph Cramarossa in a trade with the @AHLHeat: wbspenguins.com/2018/02/14/pen…

Watch him destroy the silly Washington team in the PO again playing on the Pitt's 4th line and go on to win the cup.

On 2/15/2018 at 6:36 AM, Aksun said:

Watch him destroy the silly Washington team in the PO again playing on the Pitt's 4th line and go on to win the cup.

that would be weird. Anyways looking at the AHL Standings Gulls are in 4th Place in AHL West. 29-19-1 59pts.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

20 hours ago, WolfgangDuck said:

just pulled up the Gulls schedule...have they lost 10 straight?  Holy cow!

You are using the wrong internet, sir.
They are 4-3-2-1 in their last 10. Not shiny or anything, but not 0-10 either.