The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drake12

San Diego Gulls 2017-2018

17 hours ago, DucksProg said:

You are using the wrong internet, sir.
They are 4-3-2-1 in their last 10. Not shiny or anything, but not 0-10 either.

Glad what I was reading was wrong.  Really glad...lol.

I was just trying to figure out how the Calder Playoffs work. I don't know if it's the system they have been using for awhile or if it's new but the NHL should have copied it if they wanted to create more divisional rivalries for the playoffs. It's kinda like the old NHL format, highest seed plays lowest, though it's all divisional instead of conference. Four Pacific teams get in, the division leader plays the 4th. 2nd and 3rd play it out. Then the next round is winners of those games. 

As it stands, as of 1:50AM 3/29/18, the Western playoff race would fit this perfectly. Four teams from the Pacific and Central are sitting in playoff spots. Works.

1 hour ago, poum said:

I was just trying to figure out how the Calder Playoffs work. I don't know if it's the system they have been using for awhile or if it's new but the NHL should have copied it if they wanted to create more divisional rivalries for the playoffs. It's kinda like the old NHL format, highest seed plays lowest, though it's all divisional instead of conference. Four Pacific teams get in, the division leader plays the 4th. 2nd and 3rd play it out. Then the next round is winners of those games. 

As it stands, as of 1:50AM 3/29/18, the Western playoff race would fit this perfectly. Four teams from the Pacific and Central are sitting in playoff spots. Works.

Just modify the current system to include 4 from one division and 4 from the other. Sure, people will be upset that un-balanced divisions will be nixed because of this, like the Central division, which is totally bonkers yahoo waka-wako insane, but overall the parity is very good in the league, so there isn't likely to be a lot of egregious happenings with this. Screw the Central anyway.

Mega,Roy and Larsson I see the Ducks getting having them in the Lineup....I see Ducks getting some Prospects in Morand and maybe Comtois get some seasoning to hone their skills in SD.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

9 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

Mega,Roy and Larsson I see the Ducks getting having them in the Lineup....I see Ducks getting some Prospects in Morand and maybe Comtois get some seasoning to hone their skills in SD.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I don't think that Morand or Comtois are eligible to play in the SD next season until their junior seasons are over due the transfer agreement between the CHL and the NHL. Neither will be age 20 by the end of the year 2018. It's either playing for the Ducks or going back to their junior teams.

On 4/21/2018 at 7:03 PM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

I don't think that Morand or Comtois are eligible to play in the SD next season until their junior seasons are over due the transfer agreement between the CHL and the NHL. Neither will be age 20 by the end of the year 2018. It's either playing for the Ducks or going back to their junior teams.

True Guess I would not mind seeing them in the Q since they play in the same league as the Mooseheads.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Nic Kerdiles,Kalle Kossila,Kevin Roy and Joe Blandsi are the Players that stand out for me.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck