Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

2017 Free Agency

Recommended Posts

Rumor has it Cam's new ink will be 6.5m x 8. 

Steep, but could be a lot more steep so I'm pleasantly surprised. All the rumors said $7m...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, norge25 said:

Rumor has it Cam's new ink will be 6.5m x 8. 

Steep, but could be a lot more steep so I'm pleasantly surprised. All the rumors said $7m...

maybe 0.5-1.0 mio too much, but not so bad because of the length

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Cam Fowler's extension in ANA -- coming into effect next season -- expected to be 8 years with a $6.5M AAV

Glad Fowler is locked up, but the Ducks already have such little cap space. Of the other players that become free agents next season I hope this means Bieksa will be let go. Hoping that Cogs and Vermette get resigned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

Glad Fowler is locked up, but the Ducks already have such little cap space. Of the other players that become free agents next season I hope this means Bieksa will be let go. Hoping that Cogs and Vermette get resigned.

Also; Manson, Ritchie, Kase will need to be resigned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadowduck said:

Glad Fowler is locked up, but the Ducks already have such little cap space. Of the other players that become free agents next season I hope this means Bieksa will be let go. Hoping that Cogs and Vermette get resigned.

we need only a BU-Goalie, have already 15 FW and 7 DEF and 5,5 mio salary cup left... ok next year Manson will have 2-3 mio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised they have not announced McJesus' rumored 13m per year contract yet. Wonder if all the other GMs threatened Edmonton to wait so that values across the board don't get messed up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

we need only a BU-Goalie, have already 15 FW and 7 DEF and 5,5 mio salary cup left... ok next year Manson will have 2-3 mio.

I'm not sure I would consider Carrick and Kerdiles as being part of the forwards. Kase is a tossup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Marleau generating significant interest, perhaps some with three-year term. Interested teams believed to include ANA, DAL, NYR, TOR. SJ, too

It was reported yesterday that Marleau is sitting on a 2 yr offer from San Jose. So he is probably seeing what interest there is for him elsewhere. Heard he wanted 3 years

 and the Sharks gave him two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shadowduck said:

It was reported yesterday that Marleau is sitting on a 2 yr offer from San Jose. So he is probably seeing what interest there is for him elsewhere. Heard he wanted 3 years

 and the Sharks gave him two.

Marleau asked for 3, Sharks offered 1. Sharks trying to meet in the middle for 2. We'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Told that Ryan Miller and the Ducks are in the books. Two years.

Eric Stephens‏Verified account @icemancometh  30s31 seconds ago

More

Eric Stephens Retweeted Eric Stephens

Also told it's more than $1M per but not a great deal more. Still seen as quite affordable.

Eric Stephens added,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob McKenzie‏Verified account @TSNBobMcKenzie  10s10 seconds ago

More

Also may have missed Ryan Miller's terms earlier today: 2 year deal, $2M AAV with ANA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shadowduck said:

NHL radio was saying yesterday that Miller was willing to sign at 1m per season. Not sure I believe that.

that would be fantastic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Also; Manson, Ritchie, Kase will need to be resigned.

Monty too.

Most or all of those are RFA re-signings, though, and we all know Murray and his RFA re-signing skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eric Stephens‏Verified account @icemancometh  11s11 seconds ago

Maybe salary a little more than what I thought in previous tweet. Ryan Miller, two years, $4 million. #NHLDucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DuckFan4Life said:

Eric Stephens‏Verified account @icemancometh  11s11 seconds ago

Maybe salary a little more than what I thought in previous tweet. Ryan Miller, two years, $4 million. #NHLDucks

ok not fantastic, but a good move...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$2m hit for Miller's not a bad bit of business. Still boggles me brain that someone gave $2.75m / year to Bernier and to Elliot after their respective postseasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...