The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

2017 Free Agency

3 hours ago, norge25 said:

We don't need a defender, we're good. I'd rather see Marleau (or Joe, I guess, if the $$ makes sense) to shore up that LW depth, or just some flier guys on 1 yr deals. 

Mostly would want Marleau just to see Shark fans cry, though, being honest. I don't know how much he has left in the tank. Joe we just can't afford, imo. 

Marleau on the cheap would be a good addition but he's looking for 3 years...

That said, the cat has missed just 31 games in 19 years with the Sharks, I see him playing until he's 40 (or beyond) if he wants. 

2 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

Marleau on the cheap would be a good addition but he's looking for 3 years...

That said, the cat has missed just 31 games in 19 years with the Sharks, I see him playing until he's 40 (or beyond) if he wants. 

I'd give him 3. We can always buy out the final year as a last resort. 

1 minute ago, nieder said:

I'd give him 3. We can always buy out the final year as a last resort. 

He's still good for 40+ points I'd think... 20+ goals.

16 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

Marleau 2nd line LW?

More like 3rd line? He could play with Perry but I'm not sure if that a good thing. They would need a good pivot who can dish out the puck to either of them for scoring opportunities. We don't have that. 

Amanda Stein‏Verified account @amandacstein  22m22 minutes ago

Alex Radulov just Instagram storied a video of himself on a plane. Wait until the end, he says "going back home". Whatever that means.

Pierre LeBrun‏Verified account @PierreVLeBrun  5m5 minutes ago

Vegas retained just under $1.2 million of Emelin's salary in the trade with Nashville

A lot of his tweets concerning the Ducks have been posted on this board the last few weeks and I believe they all ended up being wrong. He doesn't seem to be the best source out there. 

I have to believe if it's down to Sharks, Ducks, and Stars and the Ducks are matching on term then he would either stay in San Jose or he would go to Anaheim. It would be weird seeing him in a Ducks jersey, but if he can keep scoring 20 goals he'll be a good addition. 

54 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

A lot of his tweets concerning the Ducks have been posted on this board the last few weeks and I believe they all ended up being wrong. He doesn't seem to be the best source out there. 

I have to believe if it's down to Sharks, Ducks, and Stars and the Ducks are matching on term then he would either stay in San Jose or he would go to Anaheim. It would be weird seeing him in a Ducks jersey, but if he can keep scoring 20 goals he'll be a good addition. 

He is one of many who have mentioned the Ducks in on Marleau. This is the first that I've read BM offering 3 years but I do know that's what Marleau wants. Eric Stephens has mentioned on his twitter that the Ducks are in on Marleau so I do believe they've given him an offer. I've also read that Thornton wasn't making a decision until Marleau made his but that wasn't true as Thornton has signed with San Jose. Hopefully Marleau makes a decision soon. 

14 hours ago, norge25 said:

$2m hit for Miller's not a bad bit of business. Still boggles me brain that someone gave $2.75m / year to Bernier and to Elliot after their respective postseasons. 

It's a good thing Colorado won't have to worry about the playoffs. Philadelphia most likely as well.

12 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

Kruger to Vegas

Another player moved after they received their signing bonus. Kruger www owed a $2M bonus from the Blackhawks that he received yesterday.

37 minutes ago, 354PM said:

8m in the first year???!!!! And 6m in the 2nd year is insanely way too much for him. I don't see how this makes sense for a supposed rebuilding team in TOR who really needed Defense not more offense especially from an aging veteran.

Anyways.... With him now gone. How affected is SJ? Not sure what line Patty played on and who will replace him and how much SJ has left in cap space

30 minutes ago, RobD360 said:

8m in the first year???!!!! And 6m in the 2nd year is insanely way too much for him. I don't see how this makes sense for a supposed rebuilding team in TOR who really needed Defense not more offense especially from an aging veteran.

Anyways.... With him now gone. How affected is SJ? Not sure what line Patty played on and who will replace him and how much SJ has left in cap space

I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Lou Lamoriello: Speak a little louder, my hearing isn't as good as it once was...

Marleau's Agent: Sorry, Lou. I said we have offers from both Anaheim and Dallas that total around $6MM over 3 years.

Lou Lamoriello: $6MM huh... 3 years. OK... we can beat that. We'll do $6.25MM for 3 years.

Marleau's Agent: I'll let Patrick know. I'm sure he'll consider it... but $250,000 difference over 3 years really isn't much.

Lou Lamoriello: So that's $18.75MM total right?

Marleau's Agent: Deal. Where do we sign?

Marleau to Toronto is a pretty good move for the Leafs IMO. I guess the idea is they'll eventually get some reinforcements on D for JVR. Pretty much every contract they have from the old regime is coming off the books next season, why not pay a little extra for 25 goals and leadership for an extremely young team today? 

At least Marleau isn't going to the Ducks. Let the Leafs overpay him.

Given that the only real upgrade the Ducks could have signed was Bonino and there was zero chance of that happening I am happy with GMBM and his work so far. I am semi disappointed  the Ducks were not able to resign Thompson and I'm still not sure how I feel about Ryan Miller (I've always felt like he is a playoff choker). But as a solid backup goalie I think he will be better than most other goalies that were available.

I don't understand some Teams... 3 years, 6.25 mio and no-trade-clause for Marleau, 8 Mio. for Joe... how about Jagr, will he have also 6-8 Mio?!

and what will WSH make with the Salary cap? already over 65 Mio with 14 players....