The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BiolaRunner

Is It October Yet?

7 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

The ice inside The Pond has been painted so we're getting close! Pointless offseason nitpicking chapter 12 here but I kinda wish they'd go back to painting centre ice in that old school style where there's two logos on each half facing opposite directions and an actual pattern inside the red line. Not sure how it would look now with our new branding but it looked really cool back in the late 90s with the Mighty Ducks logo. I think Montreal is the only team that still does that with their ice. 

Don't know who still does it, but playing NHL 15, it has several teams with a pattern in the red line. The only one I can think of for sure was the Queens having the crown logo in the red line

8 hours ago, BiolaRunner said:

Don't know who still does it, but playing NHL 15, it has several teams with a pattern in the red line. The only one I can think of for sure was the Queens having the crown logo in the red line

We've had something similar for the last couple of seasons with a bunch of miniature Ducks logos inside of the red line. Unless they change their minds and redo the ice at the Pond, the mini logos are gonna be there again this season. It's pretty neat but basically every arena is painting their ice that way these days. It's also pretty weird to see our logo in red though. IIRC we used to change it up every season with actual stripe patterns like arrows or zig-zags. It doesn't matter at all in the end but I still kinda miss the little things like that.

4 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

We've had something similar for the last couple of seasons with a bunch of miniature Ducks logos inside of the red line. Unless they change their minds and redo the ice at the Pond, the mini logos are gonna be there again this season. It's pretty neat but basically every arena is painting their ice that way these days. It's also pretty weird to see our logo in red though. IIRC we used to change it up every season with actual stripe patterns like arrows or zig-zags. It doesn't matter at all in the end but I still kinda miss the little things like that.

Still doing the red logos this season.

https://twitter.com/AnaheimDucks/status/902305002647035904

31 Days till Ducks Hockey...31 DAYS TILL OUR ANAHEIM DUCKS will be UNLEASHED. Let that sink in folks.:t_hot_unread::D

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 7/27/2017 at 5:58 PM, poum said:

To be fair, it happens quite a bit in season too. But really it's nothing more than gripping about petty inconsequential stuff we have no control over. For instance numbers, giving NMC's, "why the frick didn't he make a line change!"

It's aesthetic thing. Some care, some don't. As an example, don't know what Zther has against #27, but I still wear it with the pride and dignity it deserves. 

I have a Niedermeyer 27 jersey as well... though I don't care for the number in the slightest.

30 Days......30 DAYS till our Ducks Gather and be UNLEASHED. We are almost there Folks FIRED UP and Ready go who's With me.:D:t_hot_unread:

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

8 hours ago, Mooseduck said:

30 Days......30 DAYS till our Ducks Gather and be UNLEASHED. We are almost there Folks FIRED UP and Ready go who's With me.:D:t_hot_unread:

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I'm with you! Just 13 days left until the first pre-season game! Bring on Ducks Hockey!!! :t_hot_unread:

9 hours ago, aagnew said:

Go Ducks!! Rookie camp + games just a couple days away :D:t_hot_unread:

Future is Brighter but Now Once more for our team.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

32 minutes ago, DucksFanInIE said:

Hahaha, wow! I haven't been exactly quite about my contempt for the Vegas roster but ranking them lower than the Avs... That's wicked.

Oh I've been in such a hockey drought!  Sooo happy time is drawing near.  Football finally gave me a boost but still wainting & wanting hockey to start.  Hope everyone had a good summer.  ☺☺

4 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Poile: Ryan Ellis is out for 4-6 months. Doesn't expect him back until around Jan. 1. #Preds

Sucks for Ellis...But for the Ducks it does not change how they see the Mustard Cats.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

5 hours ago, wataduk said:

Link to tonight's rookie game.

Ducks game is at 7pm Pacific time although I believe the link will be airing all games of the tournament.
https://t.co/DK2NFZArS7

Very Good Thank you Wat.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Hey everyone, I haven't been on here in over 2 years! I had to create a new account because I am unable to log into my original one. (squitman) I have been having all my hockey discussions over on reddit, but plan to do more here. I look forward to talking Ducks hockey with you all again.

Does anyone here remember me by any chance? I see Mooseduck is still here spreading his DucksPride.

On 10.09.2017 at 3:28 AM, squitman23 said:

Hey everyone, I haven't been on here in over 2 years! I had to create a new account because I am unable to log into my original one. (squitman) I have been having all my hockey discussions over on reddit, but plan to do more here. I look forward to talking Ducks hockey with you all again.

Does anyone here remember me by any chance? I see Mooseduck is still here spreading his DucksPride.

We remember you :) The account issue was a major switchup when the NHL moved to MLBAM servers or service or whatever. You have to go to the NHL.com website with your old login name and password and then change it after you login. Unless they have some 1-year timer set to delete all unused accounts. Hope this helps and welcome back!

4 hours ago, Aksun said:

We remember you :) The account issue was a major switchup when the NHL moved to MLBAM servers or service or whatever. You have to go to the NHL.com website with your old login name and password and then change it after you login. Unless they have some 1-year timer set to delete all unused accounts. Hope this helps and welcome back!

I'M BACK BABY! WOOOO! Thanks alot, I thought I was never going to get this account back, I never expected it to be so easy to do so.

Holy moly, the fledglings did well this weekend. Saturday, downed the Pups 4-1. Jack Kopacka led the rookies with 2G/1A. 

Sunday, dropped seven on the Sharks rookies en route to a 7-1 final. Angus Redmond started in net. Steel with 2G/1A. Lots of crisp, short, tape-to-tape passes setting. 

2 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Holy moly, the fledglings did well this weekend. Saturday, downed the Pups 4-1. Jack Kopacka led the rookies with 2G/1A. 

Sunday, dropped seven on the Sharks rookies en route to a 7-1 final. Angus Redmond started in net. Steel with 2G/1A. Lots of crisp, short, tape-to-tape passes setting up some quick goals.

Okay, FIFM. Damned large cold brew hadn't kicked in.

And Frankie's return, in his own words:

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/coming-home-by-francois-beauchemin/c-290941086

(And these winds seem to be kicking up some dust....)

T-Minus 24 Days till our Anaheim Ducks are UNLEASHED...Let that sink in for you all.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Shohara and Stephens are covering the Snowballs v. Fledglings.

After 20, Snowballs 1-Fledglings 0. Both have good things to say about Marcus Pettersson, and Stephens commented that he's looking to spend the season over here. 

https://twitter.com/kyleshohara/status/907691244905668608

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/11/marcus-pettersson-out-to-show-ducks-how-much-he-has-grown/ 

Second period underway. Zach Saar dropping the mitts. 

(P.S. Any reason tweets aren't auto embedding like they used to?)