The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
poum

2017-2018 NHL Catch-All

54 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

That's it, I'm going to Vegas sunday to see Bruins/Knights

They are going to be a tough match-up for pretty much everybody.

I don't know if I will be getting too excited about Vegas yet. They beat Arizona twice and they aren't exactly a contender. Let's wait until they play some real teams. 

4 hours ago, wataduk said:

Just watched the pre-game from Vegas........Goosebumps. Wow!

No Shea Theodore in the player introductions. Guessing he is starting the year in the AHL?

It was brought up in another thread. Theodore is a logistics issue. The only defensemen that is waivers exempt. They still have 10! Ten defensemen on the roster. Well, minus one injured Stoner. 

Good for Vegas getting some big wins in early. I doubt it sustains. But good for a new franchise. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, poum said:

It was brought up in another thread. Theodore is a logistics issue. The only defensemen that is waivers exempt. They still have 10! Ten defensemen on the roster. Well, minus one injured Stoner. 

Good for Vegas getting some big wins in early. I doubt it sustains. But good for a new franchise. 

Ok, thanks. Guess I didn't look hard enough in the threads. Was looking forward to seeing him tonight on National TV.

Edited by wataduk

5 hours ago, poum said:

Too bad the trip for Theo isn't like going from Anaheim to San Diego like last year. Vegas to Chicago. Assuming he makes the trip each time

7 hours ago, BiolaRunner said:

Too bad the trip for Theo isn't like going from Anaheim to San Diego like last year. Vegas to Chicago. Assuming he makes the trip each time

Probably a paper reassignment. I hear he's not the only casualty of GMGM's hardball game.

Crosby goes into Holtby behind the net. Looked like a more legit hit than an "oops". No call. While Perry still gets called when a goalie dives in the same situation behind the net in what was incidental contact.

Love the standards. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, poum said:

Crosby goes into Holtby behind the net. Looked like a more legit hit than an "oops". No call. While Perry still gets called when a goalie dives in the same situation behind the net in what was incidental contact.

Love the standards. 

It will only be fair if the NHL awards us a free goal at the beginning of each game, so that we always start out @ 1:0. That's how bad their anti-Ducks bias is. Many fans of many teams keep saying that, but I sometimes watch other games and no calls or non-calls are more ridiculous then they are for the Ducks.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, poum said:

Love the standards. 

Led with the shoulder, blindside hit, should've been tossed. 

I'm not sure it was intentional by Crosby but he clearly made contact with Holtby in the head. That's a 2 minute penalty minimum.

Holtby also took a huge dive when he realized he was hit.

1 hour ago, nieder said:

I'm not sure it was intentional by Crosby but he clearly made contact with Holtby in the head. That's a 2 minute penalty minimum.

Holtby also took a huge dive when he realized he was hit.

I have to imagine it wasn’t called because the refs got duped by Domingue 

14 hours ago, Aksun said:

It will only be fair if the NHL awards us a free goal at the beginning of each game, so that we always start out @ 1:0. That's how bad their anti-Ducks bias is. Many fans of many teams keep saying that, but I sometimes watch other games and no calls or non-calls are more ridiculous then they are for the Ducks.

I mean look at the Perry special. Play the game, get jumped by 2-3 players, get the only penalty on the play. Or get crosschecked slashes and high sticked viscuously just for the ref to look the other way 

• Like 1

Bobby Ryan is currently the +/- leader in the League. Useless stat, I know. Still a bit surprising. Really surprising with a broken Karlsson. 

On October 12, 2017 at 9:12 PM, Myuyum said:

Not a Hawks or Wild fan, but damn Toronto.. 

It was the right call. If you only watch the end of the video you're wondering how Seabrook could be considered to have passed or controlled that puck, but in reality the puck entered the zone as a continuation of a pass made by Toews from the offensive zone corner back to the point that went right through Seabrook. Basically Toews "legally passed" the puck all the way back into his own zone.

Raise your hand if you did not expect VGK to do so well...It's surprising they are in a position many of us never expected.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

12 hours ago, Mooseduck said:

Raise your hand if you did not expect VGK to do so well...It's surprising they are in a position many of us never expected.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

They had a soft three games to open the season, but they definitely have started off well. They are playing for something more right now but that is a fire that will fade.

During his induction speech at the Broadcaster and Cable Hall of Fame dinner the Butt mentioned a glowing puck. Pray for common decency. The puck tracker may rear it's ugly head ahead once again.

1 hour ago, poum said:

During his induction speech at the Broadcaster and Cable Hall of Fame dinner the Butt mentioned a glowing puck. Pray for common decency. The puck tracker may rear it's ugly head ahead once again.

He's on Fox's payroll! They want to bring back the robots and meteor pucks!

Barf. Bettman's tenure has run its course. New commissioner!

Oh good lord. Big Rig is gonna have another fantastic season getting feeds like this. Seabrook and Keith both burned.

Imagine how obnoxious the reactions would be if this hit happened to an Oiler. Amazing how their fans (and Canada) will cry foul every single time somebody even breathes on their players while their team employs so many of these brain dead clowns. Too bad Chicago doesn't have their own Hungry Man to rearrange the already severely rearranged face of that tool Kassian. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2017 at 10:44 PM, dtsdlaw said:

It was the right call. If you only watch the end of the video you're wondering how Seabrook could be considered to have passed or controlled that puck, but in reality the puck entered the zone as a continuation of a pass made by Toews from the offensive zone corner back to the point that went right through Seabrook. Basically Toews "legally passed" the puck all the way back into his own zone.

As much as I agree with the fact that's it's Toews pass, the official review from NHL states that they consider the play onside due to Seabrook's carrying it back, not Toews.

Much as we are surprise with a few teams I believe you will see Toronto fall and VGK fall too.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 10/20/2017 at 0:52 PM, PetrSykora said:

Imagine how obnoxious the reactions would be if this hit happened to an Oiler. Amazing how their fans (and Canada) will cry foul every single time somebody even breathes on their players while their team employs so many of these brain dead clowns. Too bad Chicago doesn't have their own Hungry Man to rearrange the already severely rearranged face of that tool Kassian. 

Hartman probably had it coming.  He’s not exactly Lady Byng material.

Watching the Detroit Vancouver game...

Detroit fans talked so much smack about attendance... new arena is EMPTY.