Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
poum

2017-2018 NHL Catch-All

Recommended Posts

Just now, hoxxey said:

My bad... 

 

1 hour ago, DUCKSDOC said:

2 years  ???

This whole thing is utterly ridiculous.

In all my years of professional sports, I have never seen anything quite like this scenario.  It's almost like there's some dark secret that can't come out so he doesn't fire the coach.  The team is in total disarray.  The fan base is grumbling.  It can't make the owners look good.  (If I have to see them (owners) at center ice one more time I'm going to be sick...)

They have monster egos that like to be stroked and coddled.  An embarrassment of a professional sports team with so many problems and issues and are losing to beat the band - they can't like it.  No matter what they say publicly.  

Other teams fire the coach, move on and things generally move along.  Not this crew.

If someone has an explanation I'd love to hear it.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fisix said:

and they've removed the link to the message board from the ducks main site.  probably a time limited typo, but still.

I just checked it. It's kinda annoying to get to it from mobile, but it's still accessible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 4:56 AM, poum said:

3 on 3. Two periods. Puck tracker.

So much gimmick in one game.

Doughboi: "We left Gibby out to dry" - sure, NHL's elite, do whatever you want to make the Ducks' goaltender right at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aksun said:

Doughboi: "We left Gibby out to dry" - sure, NHL's elite, do whatever you want to make the Ducks' goaltender right at home.


I missed that first period with Gibby. That second period was atrocious. Fluery was awful. Dubnyk only looked like an all-star whenever McJesus was taking a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadowduck said:

All star game is a complete  joke now that they went to 3 vs 3. It was bad before but now it's ridiculous.

Honestly, I think the opposite.  It is a joke, but it's less of a joke now because at least there's an excuse for the lack of hitting or physicality.  It was always a skill display, but now there are four fewer bodies who are out there pretending like they're playing real hockey.

/says the guy who didn't bother to watch the game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As bad as the Ducks have been, when I am watching them at least most of what they do on the ice makes sense. I am sitting here watching The Flyers and Jets play and I cannot figure out what the Flyers' strategy  is most of the time. Granted they just scored as I am typing this but for most of the game their offensive zone play had zero structure and their passing is horrible. My point being as fans we could have it worse and be cheering for a team that relies on dumb luck to score goals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leafs just traded for Muzzin...soooo they got their D I would say...or they probably think they got the guy they needed on the blue line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

As bad as the Ducks have been, when I am watching them at least most of what they do on the ice makes sense. I am sitting here watching The Flyers and Jets play and I cannot figure out what the Flyers' strategy  is most of the time. Granted they just scored as I am typing this but for most of the game their offensive zone play had zero structure and their passing is horrible. My point being as fans we could have it worse and be cheering for a team that relies on dumb luck to score goals.

 You can’t be serious when you say the ducks have structure? Their structure is to stay behind the net and then give the puck away.

and drop passes...

 

 I wouldn’t exactly call the PowerPlay structured either. Last week I think they were down to 12%. That’s one momentum sucker right there 

 I think they rely on dumb luck just as much as anyone 

Aren’t they  second from the bottom in goals scored?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

 You can’t be serious when you say the ducks have structure? Their structure is to stay behind the net and then give the puck away.

and drop passes...

 

 I wouldn’t exactly call the PowerPlay structured either. Last week I think they were down to 12%. That’s one momentum sucker right there 

 I think they rely on dumb luck just as much as anyone 

Aren’t they  second from the bottom in goals scored?

So true about staying behind the net and then turning it over.  Ugh during the 5 game winning streak passing was so nice and crisp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Leafs just traded for Muzzin...soooo they got their D I would say...or they probably think they got the guy they needed on the blue line.

Leafs overpaid.

Los Angeles gets forward Carl Grundstrom and the rights to unsigned defenseman Sean Durzi in the deal, along with a first-round pick in 2019.

Edited by wataduk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

What is that or what does it mean?  Never heard this term before today.

sounds like drug abuse or performance enhancement drugs.(Steroids) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

What is that or what does it mean?  Never heard this term before today.

per Urban Dictionary (love this site):

(verb) to comment on an internet thread long after the conversation has concluded, often using information 
that did not exist at the time of the original thread.

OR 

Necro is the name of some rapper LOL

Either way I can’t keep up with all the young hip talk these days.

Edited by RobD360
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Fisix said:

1st round pick in 2019?  wtf!

Yeah but it’s TOR we’re talking about here, they are playing great so that pick is going to be low first round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

What is that or what does it mean?  Never heard this term before today.

What I mean is this "NHL Catch All" thread is for the previous season. I provided a link for the current season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RobD360 said:

per Urban Dictionary (love this site):

(verb) to comment on an internet thread long after the conversation has concluded, often using information 
that did not exist at the time of the original thread.

OR 

Necro is the name of some rapper LOL

Either way I can’t keep up with all the young hip talk these days.

COOL ! GROOVY !! B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...