The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
poum

2017-2018 NHL Catch-All

Since the GDT from Friday is closed, and because it's always fun to see a rat get his comeuppance, I'll share this with you all.

Juice with a no-big-deal, what goes around gloat.

https://twitter.com/DaveBostick5/status/921598590153318400

And the whole sequence, including the pleading and getting decked.

https://twitter.com/DucksFam93/status/921595312111730688

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Since the GDT from Friday is closed, and because it's always fun to see a rat get his comeuppance, I'll share this with you all.

Juice with a no-big-deal, what goes around gloat.

https://twitter.com/DaveBostick5/status/921598590153318400

And the whole sequence, including the pleading and getting decked.

https://twitter.com/DucksFam93/status/921595312111730688

Damn. I missed that second tweet. I Shaw go ballistic after it. But I missed Juice juicing. Go Kevin!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, poum said:

Damn. I missed that second tweet. I Shaw go ballistic after it. But I missed Juice juicing. Go Kevin!

I'm not generally a fan of punch-throwing and cheap-shotting, but it tells you something that Bieksa went to town on Shaw, almost unprovoked (in terms of that particular play), and only got a 4 minute roughing call and no supplementary review or discipline.  The refs and the league aren't about to give Shaw any credit.  The refs had to call something, but they knew he deserved every bit of that pummeling for what he'd been dishing out.

I still don't understand, though, why Shaw didn't get extra minutes for punching Grant earlier in the game.

2 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

I'm not generally a fan of punch-throwing and cheap-shotting, but it tells you something that Bieksa went to town on Shaw, almost unprovoked (in terms of that particular play), and only got a 4 minute roughing call and no supplementary review or discipline.  The refs and the league aren't about to give Shaw any credit.  The refs had to call something, but they knew he deserved every bit of that pummeling for what he'd been dishing out.

I still don't understand, though, why Shaw didn't get extra minutes for punching Grant earlier in the game.

Shaw allegedly dropping a homophobic slur afterwards supposedly directed at a ref doesn't help his case either

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BiolaRunner said:

Shaw allegedly dropping a homophobic slur afterwards supposedly directed at a ref doesn't help his case either

I just wish we could get all the video.  Everything was caught by the in house team pretty much dead on.  That second tweet has a very good shot of the lead up to the B-flurry, but there's a better shot of the punches somewhere, and the aftermath video of B rolling his eyes at Shaw while Shaw is going ballistic in the box is... priceless.

I haven't been able to find a copy of the original broadcast, unfortunately, so I don't know what actually made it to the televised video... but the in house video got it all, and my understanding is that they keep a recording of all those channels.

How is Vegas doing? I'm surprised by their record so far. Are they actually playing decent, are they incredibly lucky or does the league want the new guys to win a few games in order to grow the fanbase?

54 minutes ago, DucksFan_08 said:

How is Vegas doing? I'm surprised by their record so far. Are they actually playing decent, are they incredibly lucky or does the league want the new guys to win a few games in order to grow the fanbase?

They are playing well enough to win. Couple of things I think are contributing to their success.

a) You have an entire team of players who were 7th defensemen, or 3rd  4th line forwards who were left exposed by their former teams. So I am pretty sure there is a serious collective chip on this team's shoulder.

B ) They were not expected to win anything so there is no pressure for them to succeed.

c) Since this is a new team , none of the other teams know what to expect. What d pairings there will be, what forward line combinations to expect. Etc. 

d) the VGK team has players from every team in the league. So they have first hand info on every team and their weaknesses/tactics.

I think once the season moves along and everyone has a chance to see them in action other teams will start having more success against them.For those old enough to remember, think about Dodger pitcher Fernando Valenzuela. He had a delivery that nobody had ever seen before. He made a late appearance in the 1980 playoffs and then the next season was a starting pitcher for the Dodgers. For the first half of the season he was destroying other teams. But once everyone played against him they learned how to hit his pitches and he went from being this unstoppable pitcher to just a very good pitcher.

The same will happen with the VGK.

• Like 2

It's insane that Vegas is down to their 3rd goalie and they keep winning. I thought losing Fleury would be the beginning of the slide.

1 hour ago, nieder said:

It's insane that Vegas is down to their 3rd goalie and they keep winning. I thought losing Fleury would be the beginning of the slide.

They've won 4 in a row with 3 of those 4 games against opponents who made the playoffs last year. Definitely would've thought there would be a drop off after Fleury went down. 

On 10/25/2017 at 10:47 AM, BiolaRunner said:

They've won 4 in a row with 3 of those 4 games against opponents who made the playoffs last year. Definitely would've thought there would be a drop off after Fleury went down. 

It goes to show just how good these guys are to even be considered NHL caliber athletes.
It also shows you how important it is to SHOW UP on a nightly basis. We'll see if they can keep up this pace for an entire season (doubt it) but they have certainly done themselves proud up til now.

• Like 2

And Jack Eichel mad as hell. That poor stick never stood a chance. 

https://twitter.com/BradyTrett/status/924362097806340096

I wouldn't have thought the cellar dwellers at this point in the season would've included the Rangers, Canadiens and Buffalo. All sitting on 3-7-x records. Oil ain't doing so well either, sitting at 3-6-1. Lol, Oil.

Arizona up 3-1 over Philadelphia with 2 minutes left.  They blow a two goal lead.

Another Coyotes choke job.  3-3 entering overtime.  Go Flyers!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, poum said:

Arizona is so bad, haha.

They are bad that we should be glad Ducks are not at the Bottom or near it.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

35 minutes ago, Mooseduck said:

They are bad that we should be glad Ducks are not at the Bottom or near it.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

I actually just checked the standings. I'm horribly surprised. LOL Kings leading the Pacific. Vegas and Vancouver above the Ducks!? Vancouver!? How the eff...

• Like 2

On 10/31/2017 at 0:15 AM, poum said:

Arizona is so bad, haha.

Never should have canned Maloney

The trade is official. Now we have to find all the pieces. Duchene to OTT, Turris to NASH.

Avs broadcast says Avs get Samuel Girard and Vladislav Kamenev...

And a 2nd from OTT. Also Shane Bowers, Andrew Hammond, a first and a third from OTT

Turris is signing a 6 years, $36M deal in NASH

Duchene to OTT. Turris to NASH with a 6x6 extension. COL gets Girard, Kamenev, Bowers, Hammond, a 1st (OTT), a 2nd (NASH) and a 3rd (OTT).

Edited by DuckFan4Life
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2017 at 11:56 AM, nieder said:

That's what I though since I expect they will rely on Fleury too much...Guess they are leg deep in talent in Goal.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

So you guys and gals know how Edmonton was supposed to win the Cup this year. The Oilers are currently cellar dwellers. Which is fun in it's own right. They also are at the very bottom of the table with Goals For, sitting at 31st with all of 38 goals.  

Edmonton falling back into old habits. Those #1 OA draft picks. Gotta catch 'em all. 

15 hours ago, poum said:

So you guys and gals know how Edmonton was supposed to win the Cup this year. The Oilers are currently cellar dwellers. Which is fun in it's own right. They also are at the very bottom of the table with Goals For, sitting at 31st with all of 38 goals.  

Edmonton falling back into old habits. Those #1 OA draft picks. Gotta catch 'em all. 

Well let's see. Eberle to the Isles, Hall to the Devils (there's a resurgence I wasn't expecting in the least), Hendricks to the Jets, Ference retired, Yakupov in Colorado. Their D is still abhorrent, Talbot is regression-prone, and they're happy to continue paying Lucic, Klefbom, Sekera, RNH, Larsson and Klefbom well over their upside. Is there another top 3 pick in their future? I suspect as much.

17 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Derek Dorsett's instigator penalty from last Thursday in ANA was not rescinded by the NHL. Means if he gets another, it is a two-game suspension

Any rationale on why not? That's a rare call to make, letting something like that stand.