The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
poum

2017-2018 NHL Catch-All

On 8/4/2018 at 6:16 PM, JiggyToTheCup said:

I have two very good friends that are die hard BUFF and CAR fans for a long time.  They both think CAR got fleeced here.

From the looks of it...You got that Right.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

21 hours ago, MooseDuck said:

From the looks of it...You got that Right.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

After surviving Don Waddell’s tenure as GM of the Thrashers, his failures never surprise me.   There must be someone in the Hurricane’s we can steal. 

2 hours ago, DT2008 said:

After surviving Don Waddell’s tenure as GM of the Thrashers, his failures never surprise me.   There must be someone in the Hurricane’s we can steal. 

Waddell and Ilya Kovchuack....KILLED any monetuem Hockey had in that city.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

• Like 1

I just want to say out of rage that the guy who created the Cadillac commercial with the small music "We ouh we ouh" needs to get kneed by Giordano. 516521 times per game this freaking commercial...

2 hours ago, Myuyum said:

I just want to say out of rage that the guy who created the Cadillac commercial with the small music "We ouh we ouh" needs to get kneed by Giordano. 516521 times per game this freaking commercial...

I think you pulled a Z. May even have one up'd him by posting in a dead thread! :P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

The Edmonton Oilers have dismissed Peter Chiarelli as President/GM.

Damn son !

35 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

Damn son !

7th in Pacific with McDavid in tow? Ouch.

5 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Peter Chiarelli was fired during the second intermission of last night's game, according to Bob Nicholson. Wanted to give him a chance to leave the building quietly.

7 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

isn't this one of those "about time" things?

On 1/23/2019 at 0:03 PM, hoxxey said:

The ducks have had an "about time" thing for --6 months...

2 years  ???

• Like 1

Just now, hoxxey said:

My bad... 

1 hour ago, DUCKSDOC said:

2 years  ???

This whole thing is utterly ridiculous.

In all my years of professional sports, I have never seen anything quite like this scenario.  It's almost like there's some dark secret that can't come out so he doesn't fire the coach.  The team is in total disarray.  The fan base is grumbling.  It can't make the owners look good.  (If I have to see them (owners) at center ice one more time I'm going to be sick...)

They have monster egos that like to be stroked and coddled.  An embarrassment of a professional sports team with so many problems and issues and are losing to beat the band - they can't like it.  No matter what they say publicly.  

Other teams fire the coach, move on and things generally move along.  Not this crew.

If someone has an explanation I'd love to hear it.

• Like 3

and they've removed the link to the message board from the ducks main site.  probably a time limited typo, but still.

16 hours ago, Fisix said:

and they've removed the link to the message board from the ducks main site.  probably a time limited typo, but still.

I just checked it. It's kinda annoying to get to it from mobile, but it's still accessible.

3 on 3. Two periods. Puck tracker.

So much gimmick in one game.

On 1/27/2019 at 4:56 AM, poum said:

3 on 3. Two periods. Puck tracker.

So much gimmick in one game.

Doughboi: "We left Gibby out to dry" - sure, NHL's elite, do whatever you want to make the Ducks' goaltender right at home.

1 hour ago, Aksun said:

Doughboi: "We left Gibby out to dry" - sure, NHL's elite, do whatever you want to make the Ducks' goaltender right at home.

I missed that first period with Gibby. That second period was atrocious. Fluery was awful. Dubnyk only looked like an all-star whenever McJesus was taking a shot.

1 hour ago, Shadowduck said:

All star game is a complete  joke now that they went to 3 vs 3. It was bad before but now it's ridiculous.

Honestly, I think the opposite.  It is a joke, but it's less of a joke now because at least there's an excuse for the lack of hitting or physicality.  It was always a skill display, but now there are four fewer bodies who are out there pretending like they're playing real hockey.

/says the guy who didn't bother to watch the game

• Like 1

As bad as the Ducks have been, when I am watching them at least most of what they do on the ice makes sense. I am sitting here watching The Flyers and Jets play and I cannot figure out what the Flyers' strategy  is most of the time. Granted they just scored as I am typing this but for most of the game their offensive zone play had zero structure and their passing is horrible. My point being as fans we could have it worse and be cheering for a team that relies on dumb luck to score goals.

Leafs just traded for Muzzin...soooo they got their D I would say...or they probably think they got the guy they needed on the blue line.

29 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

As bad as the Ducks have been, when I am watching them at least most of what they do on the ice makes sense. I am sitting here watching The Flyers and Jets play and I cannot figure out what the Flyers' strategy  is most of the time. Granted they just scored as I am typing this but for most of the game their offensive zone play had zero structure and their passing is horrible. My point being as fans we could have it worse and be cheering for a team that relies on dumb luck to score goals.

You can’t be serious when you say the ducks have structure? Their structure is to stay behind the net and then give the puck away.

and drop passes...

I wouldn’t exactly call the PowerPlay structured either. Last week I think they were down to 12%. That’s one momentum sucker right there 

I think they rely on dumb luck just as much as anyone 

Aren’t they  second from the bottom in goals scored?

1 hour ago, hoxxey said:

You can’t be serious when you say the ducks have structure? Their structure is to stay behind the net and then give the puck away.

and drop passes...

I wouldn’t exactly call the PowerPlay structured either. Last week I think they were down to 12%. That’s one momentum sucker right there 

I think they rely on dumb luck just as much as anyone 

Aren’t they  second from the bottom in goals scored?

So true about staying behind the net and then turning it over.  Ugh during the 5 game winning streak passing was so nice and crisp

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

Leafs just traded for Muzzin...soooo they got their D I would say...or they probably think they got the guy they needed on the blue line.

Leafs overpaid.

Los Angeles gets forward Carl Grundstrom and the rights to unsigned defenseman Sean Durzi in the deal, along with a first-round pick in 2019.

Edited by wataduk
  • Like 1