The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
poum

2017-2018 NHL Catch-All

45 minutes ago, Drake12 said:

Any rationale on why not? That's a rare call to make, letting something like that stand.

Elliott Friedman

15. The NHL declined to rescind the instigating penalty given to Derek Dorsett for fighting Josh Manson last Thursday in Anaheim. That’s two for the Vancouver forward, with another meaning a two-game suspension. Dorsett went to Manson seconds after the Ducks defender just missed delivering what would have been a gigantic hit on Bo Horvat. I wondered if the league would suspend Dorsett for coming off the bench to fight, but look at how he’s got his eyes on Ben Huttonfor a potential pass prior to pivoting at Manson. An illegal change means 10 games in the press box. The Department of Player Safety has the discretion to suspend for a lesser term even if legal, but the fact he focused on the play rather than making a beeline for Manson saved him from that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Elliott Friedman

15. The NHL declined to rescind the instigating penalty given to Derek Dorsett for fighting Josh Manson last Thursday in Anaheim. That’s two for the Vancouver forward, with another meaning a two-game suspension. Dorsett went to Manson seconds after the Ducks defender just missed delivering what would have been a gigantic hit on Bo Horvat. I wondered if the league would suspend Dorsett for coming off the bench to fight, but look at how he’s got his eyes on Ben Huttonfor a potential pass prior to pivoting at Manson. An illegal change means 10 games in the press box. The Department of Player Safety has the discretion to suspend for a lesser term even if legal, but the fact he focused on the play rather than making a beeline for Manson saved him from that.

Thanks.

On 11/13/2017 at 4:47 AM, poum said:

So you guys and gals know how Edmonton was supposed to win the Cup this year. The Oilers are currently cellar dwellers. Which is fun in it's own right. They also are at the very bottom of the table with Goals For, sitting at 31st with all of 38 goals.  

Edmonton falling back into old habits. Those #1 OA draft picks. Gotta catch 'em all. 

They're only a point behind Anaheim now.

They do have almost no injuries though.

So that Calgary-Detroit kerfuffle. That was something. 

I can't remember the Detroit players name, it ryhmes with Douch-eiski. Tried to fight a player on the ice though he went down. Tried to fight someone else after. Tried to fight everything. Granted Tkachuk being the upstanding player that he is, gave the exiting Red Wing to the locker room a little love tap with his stick. And all hell broke out. 

I only saw this on Sports Center, so it was condensed into a small package. But it looked like each team decided to take the other stupid and step it up by one. Each trying to out stupid the other. It was hilarious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, poum said:

I can't remember the Detroit players name, it ryhmes with Douch-eiski. Tried to fight a player on the ice though he went down. Tried to fight someone else after. Tried to fight everything. Granted Tkachuk being the upstanding player that he is, gave the exiting Red Wing to the locker room a little love tap with his stick. And all hell broke out. 

I only saw this on Sports Center, so it was condensed into a small package. But it looked like each team decided to take the other stupid and step it up by one. Each trying to out stupid the other. It was hilarious.

Hilarious and reminds me of the Old Junior A Days before Q-league expanded to the Maritime region of Canada. guess we will see how intense will be Once they meet again.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

6 hours ago, poum said:

Good link?

It galls that Vermette gets suspended and BS from the ref league for what he did, and Howard is going to get nothing (well, at least as far as abuse of officials) for what's clearly evident in the video.

(shakes head in dismay).

15 hours ago, Drake12 said:

Request a ruckus, you shall have it.

Hahahahahahahaahhaha! I didn't know this, Tkachuk worms his way into the back as everything escalates, then goes after the goalie while Giordano has Howard in a headlock. What an ass.

Edited by poum

6 hours ago, poum said:

Hahahahahahahaahhaha! I didn't know this, Tkachuk worms his way into the back as everything escalates, then goes after the goalie while Giordano has Howard in a headlock. What an ass.

Witkowski (spelling?) was definitely a jerk in this, but Tkachuk is a rat.  The little tap on the skate and then hiding behind his teammates.  Then taking cheapshots at Howard.  He's going to move his way up the jerk lists, although he's got a ways to go before he gets to Marchand/Neal levels.

• Like 3

Speaking of stupid, Radko Gudas with another boneheaded play. So what if Matty P gave him a noogie? That deserves 41 or more.

(He looks all the more a villain with that silly mustache.)

DoPS is calling for an in-person hearing. So ten minimum?

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/931552667490553857

• Like 2

Everyone's second favorite team, the Boston Bruins complete a perfect California road trip, losing to the Ducks and then beating Los Angeles and San Jose in regulation.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sexlaf15 said:

I don’t see what happened in the picture.

From the picture at least it looks like he might have breathed on an Oiler which is pretty much the biggest offence possible in today's NHL

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Everyone's second favorite team, the Boston Bruins complete a perfect California road trip, losing to the Ducks and then beating Los Angeles and San Jose in regulation.

I almost let my guard down and allowed myself to hate them a bit less.  Good try, ZTHER.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

DO8OO3TV4AAxQ0C.jpg

Curtis Williams @Willy__17
Replying to @thupka1982
An absolutely gutless play by Roussel. No place for this crap in the game. #oilers #stars
0 replies0 retweets7 likes

I will give ZTHER this, I had forgotten about Roussel.  He belongs up there with Neal and Marchand, and probably beats Marchand for pure d-baggery.  He's dirty.

21 minutes ago, PetrSykora said:

From the picture at least it looks like he might have breathed on an Oiler which is pretty much the biggest offence possible in today's NHL

The gif shows that he is kicking the back of a player's knee.  That's bad no matter what the circumstance, but hockey players wear blades on the bottom of their feet.  That's dirty.

8 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

The gif shows that he is kicking the back of a player's knee.  That's bad no matter what the circumstance, but hockey players wear blades on the bottom of their feet.  That's dirty.

I see it now, thanks. Black team player, not the white team player who came in late. 

I did a personal no-no and looked at the standings in mid November. Calgary is 3rd in the Pacific, 22 points. Anaheim, Colorado, Dallas, and Vancouver have 21 points. Colorado (What the heck!?) holds the tie breaker for the 2nd WC spot. Minnesota and SJ one point behind. 

Edmonton with 16. Only Arizona is worse. Brings a tear of joy to the eye.

I've seen some doubts about the Ducks but if they can keep it around .500 with Grant as the #1C, a full healthy compliment should help boost the Ducks in the standings with so many other teams currently hovering around the spot as the Ducks. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, poum said:

I did a personal no-no and looked at the standings in mid November. Calgary is 3rd in the Pacific, 22 points. Anaheim, Colorado, Dallas, and Vancouver have 21 points. Colorado (What the heck!?) holds the tie breaker for the 2nd WC spot. Minnesota and SJ one point behind. 

Edmonton with 16. Only Arizona is worse. Brings a tear of joy to the eye.

I've seen some doubts about the Ducks but if they can keep it around .500 with Grant as the #1C, a full healthy compliment should help boost the Ducks in the standings with so many other teams currently hovering around the spot as the Ducks. 

Where we are with all the injuries we are dealing with, I'm more than happy with. We are contending. We will only get better when we get healthy. 

Edmonton on the other hand, I have no idea what's going on with them. Might stroll over to their message boards and read their reactions for some humor

On 11/22/2017 at 2:26 PM, Sexlaf15 said:

I always forgot how big of a boy Tarasenko is until I saw him fight.

He can handle himself what more can we say.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

The Canadiens announced on Thursday that the team has acquired forward Adam Cracknell from the New York Rangers in exchange for forward Peter Holland. Cracknell will report to the Laval Rocket.

DETAILS -> goha.bs/2irExTZ #GoHabsGo