The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nieder

2017-2018 Injuries

Man, I mean...I remember what we did back in 15-16...but...we are gonna be really hurting in the beginning of the season. Hope it doesn't hurt us so much we don't even make the playoffs.

But honestly, I'd rather we don't make the playoffs than make some crazy, rental trades that will hurt us in the long run just to stay relevant as we push through the beginning of the season. Also, way more important to not rush their returns. And to not let our veterans strain themselves to pick up the slack.

I know it's not that many people...but it IS 2 of our top 4 defensemen and a 2nd-place voted Selke nominee...important people.

Wow, I knew Kes had hip surgery but did not realize it was that severe of an injury/recovery.

Hopefully we can stay with the pack until everyone is back healthy and then start wrecking once they are all in.

GO DUCKS!

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised by a slow start to the year until we start getting guys back from injury.

I wouldn't shrug off the Kesler injury, but the Ducks are such notorious slow starters anyway, it might be better for Kes that he takes the first two or three months off. He just wasn't the same player in the second half of last season scoring wise. Blessing in disguise, IMO. 

I'm very curious to see how this affects Silf. He's exclusively played with Kes over the past three years and it'll be interesting to see how he performs without him. I'm a believer -- controversial opinion alert -- that he's the top player on that line anyway and I hope RC lets off the constraints a little bit. Let's see what this kid can do when he's in more of a scoring role. 

Holy crap! I didn't realize Kesler was out till Christmas. Oy vey...

5 minutes ago, poum said:

Holy crap! I didn't realize Kesler was out till Christmas. Oy vey...

You know that means some of the Ducks Depth will take his place till he recovers. I expect Grant,Dennis R to step in.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

32 minutes ago, Mooseduck said:

You know that means some of the Ducks Depth will take his place till he recovers. I expect Grant,Dennis R to step in.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Thanks Moose, but that's not a comforting thought to replace the nuisance that is Kesler. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rakell centering a line again. 

Huh... Just thought of a Cogliano - Rakell - Silfverberg line. I don't hate it. I'd like to see what that can do. 

4 hours ago, nieder said:

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised by a slow start to the year until we start getting guys back from injury.

Ducks have done plenty of slow starts 

“As of right now there is no timeline whatsoever with Ryan Kesler,” Murray said. “Basically he had to play the second half of last year with no … couldn’t skate. He couldn’t push off his right leg whatsoever. So he’s got to rebuild his total glute, quad, everything. And that’s what we’re in the process of doing right now.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/15/ducks-remain-a-wounded-group-as-training-camp-opens/amp/

Son of a bitch. I will always hold it against the hockey gods for last seasons injury bull****. It's the only reason the Ducks didn't play for the Cup.

41 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

“As of right now there is no timeline whatsoever with Ryan Kesler,” Murray said. “Basically he had to play the second half of last year with no … couldn’t skate. He couldn’t push off his right leg whatsoever. So he’s got to rebuild his total glute, quad, everything. And that’s what we’re in the process of doing right now.

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/09/15/ducks-remain-a-wounded-group-as-training-camp-opens/amp/

Son of a bitch. I will always hold it against the hockey gods for last seasons injury bull****. It's the only reason the Ducks didn't play for the Cup.

Completely agree! And honestly, we got pretty far considering. It really came down to Gibson's injury and Bernier just not showing up. We got through Fowler's, Bieksa's, was on the brink of getting through Eaves' and Rakell's...and even Gibson's too might not have been too bad if we could have gotten to Game 7...

At least the medical staff got on it right away as kesler had surgery on June 8th.  Thank goodness they didn't dork around with steroid injections and the like for another 4-6 weeks as then our timeline would have been way into 2018.

9 hours ago, AyeEye said:

At least the medical staff got on it right away as kesler had surgery on June 8th.  Thank goodness they didn't dork around with steroid injections and the like for another 4-6 weeks as then our timeline would have been way into 2018.

But for some reason they let Perry play through the whole season with a supposed injury that the Ducks portend as the reason for his goal decline. Either that or he really has naturally declined. I think the latter. 

On 9/21/2017 at 1:32 PM, AyeEye said:

Just be Glad and grateful Ducks had him do his Surgery on June8th instead of waiting around.....It could be worse.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

On 24.09.2017 at 4:06 AM, RobD360 said:

Oh boy. Here we go. And the fortune keeps mounting 

Eaves was already a known injury liability when we traded for him. We gambled, we're getting the regular Eaves.

with Injuries to some of the Ducks important Players anyone wanna bet we will see Jones,Fiore and some others get a shot before being sent down to SD.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

11 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

Man, this beginning of the season is gonna be rough. 

Looks like I'll be watching the replay of the last 4 minutes of game 5 vs EDM a few thousand times to keep me smiling until some of these guys get back in the lineup.

10 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Looks like Patrick Eaves (lower body) and Ryan Miller (upper body) start season on injured reserve. They join Kesler, Lindholm, Vatanen.

I thought Gibby was supposed to be the broken goalie?  Just remember that teams in a playoff spot on Halloween make the playoffs 70% of the time.  Falling behind during the first month of the season can be a difficult hole to dig out of. 

Of course this team seems to have a habit of doing that.

On 9/15/2017 at 9:33 PM, Spencer_12 said:

The hockey Gods owe us ONE !! Come on KARMA !!

17 minutes ago, Sexlaf15 said:

No, Getzlaf in the line up tonight....

Ugh. So Cogliano - Rakell - Silf is our top line.  And then a lot of hope.