Jump to content
The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nieder

2017-2018 Injuries

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

The only "good" thing is that 2-6 weeks is a wide range. 

Playoffs don't start until April 11.  Some teams will start April 12.  Maybe he only misses 2 playoff games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

Playoffs don't start until April 11.  Some teams will start April 12.  Maybe he only misses 2 playoff games.

Well, he'll join when we up 2-0 against Sharks for the 2 games at the Pond. It's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not good news.  Fowler is so critical bringing the puck up the ice for us.  Well here's to hoping Hampus steps up...noticeably.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cam has always been a quick healer and is usually back on the lower end of the IR window.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang it.  This sucks.  I feel like he and Montour had found some good chemistry.  Hampus and Josh for 30 minutes every night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like last year all over again. Hope we make it to The Playoffs and somebody steps up. We're gonna need it.

Go Ducks!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy. We are already crawling into the POs as it is. Good thing we have someone like Miller to step in. No one can fill Fowler’s skates though sadly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This really has been a horrible season. In a way it’s an accomplishment that the team is likely going to make the playoffs despite it easily could have been a season to write off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fisix said:

Welinski, Holzer.

Maybe Larsson, Mahura, Megna.

The real question is who can we pair with Monty so that he can continue to be dangerous.

No way Larsson is called yet. Definitely going with Welinski / Holzer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once again a potential opponent has succeeded in wounding the Ducks right before the playoffs. And that's not including the attempt on Cogs. No call on any of these plays. 

I would argue had the refs called some of the earlier infractions that maybe the hit against Fowler might not have been as sever. But the Aves knew the refs were not going to call anything against them  that late in the game so they were going full throttle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, DucksProg said:

Me guess it will be Lindholm-Manson every other shift with Beauch-Montour and Pettersson-Holzer being pairs 2 and 3.

This is my best guess as well.  With both Montour and Pettersson in the lineup, I doubt Welinski draws in over Holzer.  Those bottom two pairings are going to be rough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

 Seems like every time Colorado plays the Ducks they injure one of the ducks players. 

There has definitely been a history there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

Once again a potential opponent has succeeded in wounding the Ducks right before the playoffs. And that's not including the attempt on Cogs. No call on any of these plays. 

I would argue had the refs called some of the earlier infractions that maybe the hit against Fowler might not have been as sever. But the Aves knew the refs were not going to call anything against them  that late in the game so they were going full throttle.

That was a clean hit on Fowler. He was just positioned incorrectly for the hit. Cogs on the other hand is plain B S. That player even left his feet to deliver that head shot. Then you got Gibson who had numerous run’ns by opposing teams and no calls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not Good for our Ducks, Fowler out for 2 to 6 weeks and Gibson is Day-To-Day. Another Test for our Ducks who are facing adversity,Honestly Injury Bug is pushing our Ducks to the Brink.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll bet money on a separated shoulder - the recovery time should be 4 weeks. Agree with RobD, it was just bad positioning on Cam ! Hope Gibson can make it back for Saturday - we may need to win the game. I would like to see our players run a goalie or two to let the other team know we mean business 

GO DUCKS !!!

PLAY IT LIKE WE WANT IT - 60 MINUTES - NOTHING LESS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DUCKSDOC said:

I'll bet money on a separated shoulder - the recovery time should be 4 weeks. Agree with RobD, it was just bad positioning on Cam ! Hope Gibson can make it back for Saturday - we may need to win the game. I would like to see our players run a goalie or two to let the other team know we mean business 

GO DUCKS !!!

PLAY IT LIKE WE WANT IT - 60 MINUTES - NOTHING LESS

What??? You mean don't relax for 40 minutes and then go for it in the last 20.  I think that's crazy talk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A shoulder injury it could be worse I was wondering how long he would last before someone went after those damaged knees.

They will have to be careful which team they bring him back for a nasty King team or the Preds would soon see him sidelined again.

Lindholm will be used on the PP now not a problem as the is the top goal scoring Dman.

The problem is how to spread extra minutes on a couple of guys will slowly burn them out after a few rounds. It hurt our team the season that we lost Manson in the playoffs just nobody ready in the minors to fill a playoff role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AyeEye said:

What??? You mean don't relax for 40 minutes and then go for it in the last 20.  I think that's crazy talk

SORRY - just a moment of temporary INSANITY !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This season of Ducks Hockey will be remeber for Perservance.....with much as we endure over the past Months This will be remeber for Ducks overcoming the Odds.

DuckPride 4ever

MooseDuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...