ZTHER

Kings Catch All - 8

1,457 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, ZTHER said:

LOL KINGS!

On a side note, just spent 2 hours arguing with Bernstein and a handful of Kings fans on Twitter about the Kings age and team speed.

Lol good job fighting the good fight, Zman.

DB is a jackass.
I recall hearing him a few weeks ago saying he thought the Pacific would be The Sharks, Flames and Kings.
Now, I don't mind that he left out the Ducks cuz I do not have a strong feeling on them this year, but The Kings?
Isn't this the same team that got swept last year? Is Kovalchuk really going to be the piece that gets them over the top?
C'mon!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, wataduk said:

Lol good job fighting the good fight, Zman.

DB is a jackass.
I recall hearing him a few weeks ago saying he thought the Pacific would be The Sharks, Flames and Kings.
Now, I don't mind that he left out the Ducks cuz I do not have a strong feeling on them this year, but The Kings?
Isn't this the same team that got swept last year? Is Kovalchuk really going to be the piece that gets them over the top?
C'mon!

This is hilarious. I saw so many people pick the Kings for that third spot and I just couldn't understand why. They're old and slow and if they lost either Quick, Kopitar or Doughty for a long stretch they're screwed, which is exactly what has happened.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, nieder said:

This is hilarious. I saw so many people pick the Kings for that third spot and I just couldn't understand why. They're old and slow and if they lost either Quick, Kopitar or Doughty for a long stretch they're screwed, which is exactly what has happened.

I dunno....Quick is 0-3-1 w/ GAA of 4.55 and a .845 sv pct...that is with all those guys lol

I originally had the Kings making the playoffs in my predictions I make, but then I stepped back and realized I was just trying to over compensate for my biasedness...and I reevaluated lol

On 11/5/2018 at 5:25 PM, Fowl said:

Your Los Angeles Kings, celebrating a return to mediocrity.

Mediocrity? They're the worst team in the league right now... they're LOL

2 people like this

21 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

Mediocrity? They're the worst team in the league right now... they're LOL

We’re headed that direction quick and the LOL will be on us soon if things don’t “”change””

14 hours ago, RobD360 said:

We’re headed that direction quick and the LOL will be on us soon if things don’t “”change””

That's the truth.

Jack Campbell Out Four To Six Weeks, Cal Petersen Recalled https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/11/jack-campbell-out-four-to-six-weeks-cal-petersen-recalled.html 

The Los Angeles Kings just can’t catch a break. As they continue to deal with the absence of Jonathan Quick, they now have another goaltender hitting the shelf with a long-term injury. Jack Campbell has suffered a torn meniscus that requires surgery and will be out four to six weeks. In his place, rookie netminder Cal Petersen has been recalled while Matt Luff has been sent back to the Ontario Reign.

4 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Jack Campbell Out Four To Six Weeks, Cal Petersen Recalled https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2018/11/jack-campbell-out-four-to-six-weeks-cal-petersen-recalled.html 

The Los Angeles Kings just can’t catch a break. As they continue to deal with the absence of Jonathan Quick, they now have another goaltender hitting the shelf with a long-term injury. Jack Campbell has suffered a torn meniscus that requires surgery and will be out four to six weeks. In his place, rookie netminder Cal Petersen has been recalled while Matt Luff has been sent back to the Ontario Reign.

They've so defensively sound with Kopitar and Doughty they could have Kyle Clifford play net and still compete.

As it stands... the Kings have won every game where they've scored 3+ goals. They're simply getting too old and too slow up front.

Tanner Pearson traded to the Penguins. 

Edit: Hagelin to LA. 

Edited by nieder

1 hour ago, nieder said:

Tanner Pearson traded to the Penguins. 

Edit: Hagelin to LA. 

. Hagelin didn’t work out in Anaheim because the team wasn’t really built for a speed game. Will be interesting to see how he fits in L.A.  

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

. Hagelin didn’t work out in Anaheim because the team wasn’t really built for a speed game. Will be interesting to see how he fits in L.A.  

Hagelin is in the last year of his contract. I think that was just a salary dump by the Kings.

2 people like this

Wow, Pearson has a single assist to his name. No wonder he got the boot.

23 hours ago, DuckFan4Life said:

I still think Hagelin didn't work out in Anaheim mostly because (a) the Ducks were shooting south of 5% as a team for the first 2 1/2 months of the season and he was similarly mired in the worst shooting slump of his career at the time, and (b) he was injured in training camp and didn't get enough time to figure out his new teammates (and vice versa) before the season started. A few more pucks go in for the team as a whole and the front office probably has more patience with him and gives him more time to figure it out. I actually thought he was starting to gel right before he was moved (1G/3A in the four games immediately preceding the trade), but BM had been working on a deal to shake up the forward group and Hags was the one Pittsburgh wanted, so BM pulled the trigger. Good trade though. Perron was re-energized here and turned that into a solid UFA contract, Hags got a Cup, so it worked out pretty ok for all parties.

As for the Kings, let's see if he stays. Lots of rumors he'll be flipped for a draft pick. Assuming the Kings continue to flail, he'll be a desirable rental for a team with Cup aspirations.

Edited by dtsdlaw
2 people like this

Sharks spanking Blues, Yeo fired today ? 2-1 Oilers 3min from end of 2nd in the battle of Alberta.

40 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

Sharks spanking Blues, Yeo fired today ? 2-1 Oilers 3min from end of 2nd in the battle of Alberta.

3-0...I was about to say wow, Jones trying to prove me wrong :P ...then I saw it was Dell in net and all was right again in the world again.

Edited by Jasoaks

2 hours ago, Jasoaks said:

3-0...I was about to say wow, Jones trying to prove me wrong :P ...then I saw it was Dell in net and all was right again in the world again.

Once again, I really dislike that Silicone Valley has programmed a Dell computer to play goalie.

2 people like this