The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ZTHER

Kings Catch All - 8

So much talk about how this is a upset. Yet like the Knights, the Kings were a preseason pick to be a lottery team.

• Like 2

I'm probably gonna go to Vegas for the next game :D I went there for BOS/VGK when the arean was 80% Bruins fan. Eager to see what's up now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

So much talk about how this is a upset. Yet like the Knights, the Kings were a preseason pick to be a lottery team.

Well, everyone assumed that the Kings playoff experience would give them a solid edge. Most people assume the Kings tanked to get this matchup in the first round. So many pundits picked the Kings to win this round.  I figured they would. I'm happy to be wrong in this case. :lol:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

I'm probably gonna go to Vegas for the next game :D I went there for BOS/VGK when the arean was 80% Bruins fan. Eager to see what's up now.

I went to a Islanders game there... was about 70/30 in favor of Vegas

I gotta say I'm surprised. Usually the kings can turn it on for The Playoffs and I thought they were going to do it again. That and Las Vegas lacking experience but damn. Congrats to them. Hopefully they don't go up 3 to go down in 7. That would be harsh.

2 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Because supposedly the Kings know how to win in the playoffs, despite the fact they haven’t won a series since 2014. 

31 minutes ago, SteveinTamarindo said:

So nice to see the game played simply and competently.  Wild Bill for the winner.  Sure am glad he's not a Duck.   :wacko:

Yeah he'd be sulking over his whole 7 goals right about now on our roster.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ZTHER said:

Agreed.  Based on pre-season expectations, the Kings have overachieved just making the playoffs.  Brown and Kopitar returned to top form, mostly IMO, since Grumpy left town.  Got. to give Stevens credit as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aksun said:

Probably, yeah. But one could say that under Bruce, Wild Bill K would thrive a lot more. But yes, having him play with better players and top line minutes certainly help -- which he maybe would have or wouldn't have in Anaheim. With Bruce, we may have seen him on the top line more often instead of Rakell. Who knows. Maybe that could have been the difference in 2016 and BB would have kept his job! We only needed 2 more goals in that series somewhere to win it...those 2 could have been Karlsson's! And then we advance to the next round and then plow through the Sharks and then Blues and make it to the Finals and get destroyed by the Pens! It's hard to say...

2 hours ago, Aksun said:

Yeah, because Carlyle would either healthy scratch him or have him on the 4th line playing 4 minutes a night.

1 hour ago, Fowl said:

Agreed.  Based on pre-season expectations, the Kings have overachieved just making the playoffs.  Brown and Kopitar returned to top form, mostly IMO, since Grumpy left town.  Got. to give Stevens credit as well.

Lol King's fans want him fired yesterday or sooner.
I'd take John Stevens in a New York City minute.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, wataduk said:

Lol King's fans want him fired yesterday or sooner.
I'd take John Stevens in a New York City minute.

Agreed.  Stevens is a smart coach, and really did get more out of that team than was ever expected.  Those Kings fans calling for his head are not too saavy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fowl said:

Agreed.  Stevens is a smart coach, and really did get more out of that team than was ever expected.  Those Kings fans calling for his head are not too saavy.

It's not just overreaction to being down in the playoffs either. They have been calling for him to be fired for most of this year.
I just don't get it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wataduk said:

It's not just overreaction to being down in the playoffs either. They have been calling for him to be fired for most of this year.
I just don't get it.

Lol are they mad? Brown playing like he is and Kopiturd rejuvenated? Please sign us a Stevens to Make Perry Great Again.

Sigh.

Wow!  And I thought the Ducks had it rough this post season.  The Kings have scored 1 Goal against Fleury in 4 games.  They need at least 2 more, 1 in the next 13 minutes, or they're done.

6 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

Wow!  And I thought the Ducks had it rough this post season.  The Kings have scored 1 Goal against Fleury in 4 games.  They need at least 2 more, 1 in the next 13 minutes, or they're done.

1 minute ago, HockeyIzCool said:

He did say it, I just rewound, and he said "Marc Andre Fleury has been stellar.  Just 1 goal allowed this series."

1-0, 2-1,3-2 are the scores so far for VGK

• Like 1