The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ZTHER

Kings Catch All - 8

That Jennings trophy is the kiss of death seems like.  Win that and get bounced in the playoffs.

Kings got swept but they didn't allow 8 goals 

15 minutes ago, nieder said:

The commentators on Sportsnet are actually talking up Doughty for shaking the Knights' hands? They cannot be serious? Did they expect him to knock somebody out?

I did

6 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

The announcer just said the Kings have won 1 playoff game since the last time they won the Cup.

1-8 in last 9 games.

Lol Kopi just said that's how playoff games are......all close.
Uhhhhhhh I beg to differ. :D

By the way, Vegas shattered another record by scoring only 7 goals totals to qualify for the next round.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HockeyIzCool said:

No team that makes the playoffs is garbage.  Ducks & Kings included.  Can one team under perform or one over perform in a series?  Sure.  But garbage teams don't get 95 points in the regular season.

This is the Kings we're talking about. The stink radiating off that team is so intense, I had to open a window to enjoy watching that sweep. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wataduk said:

Lol Kopi just said that's how playoff games are......all close.
Uhhhhhhh I beg to differ. :D

Yeah, first I thought about the Ducks, then Philadelphia, who also got blown out early in that series.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, hoxxey said:

Bye Bye Fox and crew.

No more divers either.

Yay.

Eh, Floorsberg and his fellow PreDivers are still very much alive in the playoffs. But Fox & crew being done till October is nice!

• Like 1

No way!  I predicted this but didn’t think it’d really happen... surprised I guess.  Just saw the news cause I was working all night. Wow. 

Edited by Fisix

Just saw the end. What’s the deal with Gallant not shaking hands with the Kings coach at the end? I mean, it was mutual, but it seemed a little weird.

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

Just saw the end. What’s the deal with Gallant not shaking hands with the Kings coach at the end? I mean, it was mutual, but it seemed a little weird.

Gallant is a very smart man, there's a reason he's everyone's #1 pick for the Jack Adams. The last thing he needs right now is to contract some flesh eating disease by indirectly coming in contact with the sweat of Dustin Brown. 

• Like 1

This is crazy. Damn those knights. Never thought they had it in them.
And damn those kings. Sure they kept the games close but a sweep is tough (hopefully I don't have to mutter those words tonight). I think it's time to lure doughty over here :lol: I know you guys don't like him but he's crazy good so yeah.

You almost have to feel for Quick. Got no offensive support at all. Posts a 95% save percentage for the series and got swept. Every single game this series was decided by 1 goal. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BiolaRunner said:

You almost have to feel for Quick. Got no offensive support at all. Posts a 95% save percentage for the series and got swept. Every single game this series was decided by 1 goal. 

Wasn’t game 3 a 3-1 loss? 

18 minutes ago, Aksun said:

1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 1-0. Epic Vegas is Epic.

This sooo helps the pain of our own losses

• Like 1

Golf, Kings, golf, I guess, but it's hard to take joy in it when the Ducks have looked even crappier.

Don't get me wrong, I love it when the Kings lose, but only when the Ducks look good by comparison.  

4 hours ago, RobD360 said:

This sooo helps the pain of our own losses

Not so much for me. I can’t enjoy this properly, because of that. 

10 hours ago, gorbachav5 said:

Golf, Kings, golf, I guess, but it's hard to take joy in it when the Ducks have looked even crappier.

Don't get me wrong, I love it when the Kings lose, but only when the Ducks look good by comparison.  

Let's golf with the Kings and see who beats who!!!

• Like 1

Just read a Russian article that Voynov looking for a return. Not sure how that works with, I think, the Kings still have rights. Sounds like LA is not interested. Voynovs list is rather eclectic. From West to East, it's Winnipeg, Montreal, both New York's, and Florida. 

2 hours ago, poum said:

Just read a Russian article that Voynov looking for a return. Not sure how that works with, I think, the Kings still have rights. Sounds like LA is not interested. Voynovs list is rather eclectic. From West to East, it's Winnipeg, Montreal, both New York's, and Florida. 

I hope nobody takes him.

1 hour ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I hope nobody takes him.

Don't count out the Golden Knights if they fail in landing Karlsson this summer. They'd look at him as a cheaper consolation prize and McPhee doesn't have an aversion of Russians.

52 minutes ago, Aksun said:

Same for that douche Kovalchuk.

Kings and the East Coast will be interested though, I would assume.

7 hours ago, DucksProg said:

Don't count out the Golden Knights if they fail in landing Karlsson this summer. They'd look at him as a cheaper consolation prize and McPhee doesn't have an aversion of Russians.

Kings and the East Coast will be interested though, I would assume.

He shouldn't have an aversion of russians but he should have of guys beating up and strangling their wife.

• Like 1