The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZTHER

Kings Catch All - 8

On 3/21/2019 at 8:50 PM, PetrSykora said:

Leave it to the Kings to turn Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy calling a hockey game into the most cringeworthy thing on tv. I like the guy but this is actually painful. Doesn't help that the team he has to pretend to care about is absolute butt.

Yeaaaaaah... That was. Unpleasant. And then kid from the Sixth Sense.

There was also that time that pothead traitor who switched teams on us. I watched that one episode of the reality TV when Pronger was trying to teach Snoops kids how to ice skate. Since then he's mostly done promo's for the Kings. Bandwagon butthole.

https://www.jrkingshockey.com/news_article/show/1008248

@TheAthleticLA 

Los Angeles-based youth hockey program suspends players, coaches over anti-Semitic video.

From @KatieJStrang

A Los Angeles-based youth hockey team suspended 15 players and three coaches last month after a video was posted on social media showing one player appearing to do a Nazi salute and other players making what sound like anti-Semitic remarks.

The nine-second video, which was briefly posted on social media and later obtained by The Athletic, features one player from the LA Jr. Kings 14U Bantam AAA team appearing to do the salute while several others laugh. Individuals can then be heard saying what sounds like “Are you a Nazi?” and then “frak the Jews” and “fraking Jews.” Not all the players in the video comment and only one raises his arm in what appears to be a Nazi salute.

In response to calls from The Athletic, the LA Jr. Kings forwarded a statement last Friday that was later posted on its website. It reads, in part: “Today the LAJK communicated to the players & coaches that as a component of their suspension they will be required to participate in...

2 hours ago, Aksun said:

Some LA fans just deserve to burn. What a trash heap.

In other L.A. news, another fan beaten in Dodger stadium parking lot.

Quick pulled in the third after letting in seven.  Flames 7 Kings 2.  Tank embraced.

Slava Voynov suspended for the entire 2019 - 2020 season and postseason for "unacceptable off-ice conduct" NHL announced today.

Eh, more washed up russian vets to the kinks - Kovalchuk helped them a lot this year. Helped to tank like silly, that is.

I don't think the Kings really meant to tank...they didn't get Kovalchuk to tank...they will be helped with whomever they get at #5...but...their core is just going to be that much older...Quick especially. Campbell looks legit, but not prime Quick status. Doughty has some great years ahead....Koitar does, too. Carter might be on the down swing...Kovalchuk looks to be a shell of his former self. Brown is whatever. He seems to be playing better now than he was a few years ago...but probably on the down swing, too. This #5 guy will help, and probably could be NHL ready next season. But it's not really going to solidify them to be back in the playoffs next season. Unless Quick can really turn it on.

13 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

I'd rather just bring back Bieksa and I'm deadass serious

With a cursorary glance at UFA defensemen. Edler, Kronwall, Sbisa. I'm genuinely scared. And that's before you add in Methot, Engelland, and Orpik.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:57 PM, Fisix said:

i totally forgot the kings hired Todd.  ouch.

LOL, Kings.

On 6/21/2019 at 1:13 PM, Drake12 said:

LOL, Kings.

Yeaaaaah but they hired Yawney. Smartest thing they've done in awhile. Kinda, really, not happy about that.

McLellan called out a couple of Kings today in the Register. It's one thing to do it in the locker room, but public like that is brutal imo. 

There is word this afternoon that LA has informed Ilya Kovalchuk he will be out of the lineup for the foreseeable future. He is welcome to practice with the club, but he will not be playing. Obviously, more details as they occur.

FYI: LAKs on the hook for $6.25 million this season and next.

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

There is word this afternoon that LA has informed Ilya Kovalchuk he will be out of the lineup for the foreseeable future. He is welcome to practice with the club, but he will not be playing. Obviously, more details as they occur.

FYI: LAKs on the hook for $6.25 million this season and next.

Update:

A reminder as reported before that Kovalchuk’s final signing bonus money is payable Dec. 15 after which he’s only collecting on his $700k salary for the rest of the season. He does, however, have a $4.25 M salary on the books for next season... if he’s still in the NHL

Kinks are a mess, Kovalshmuck is a bum and serves him right. Let's enjoy their long and tough rebuild collectively.

Seems like every time the Queens play a division rival they always, ALWAYS give up a 3 point game.  Not that it matters this season but I still find it extremely annoying. In the past it made it difficult for the Ducks to either catch a division rival or increase a points lead. Anytime a Kings game ending in regulation would help the Ducks they always seem to take it to overtime.

6 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Seems like every time the Queens play a division rival they always, ALWAYS give up a 3 point game.  Not that it matters this season but I still find it extremely annoying. In the past it made it difficult for the Ducks to either catch a division rival or increase a points lead. Anytime a Kings game ending in regulation would help the Ducks they always seem to take it to overtime.

Yeah, this is one season where it 3-point doesn’t matter or if the Kings finish ahead of us in the standings. 

On 11/26/2019 at 7:59 AM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, this is one season where it 3-point doesn’t matter or if the Kings finish ahead of us in the standings. 

I still hate how the Kings lost their way into the 2012 playoffs with loser points. They were third in most OT loses, Calgary had one more OT loss, who was the 9th seed. Florida had 18 loser points that year!

My point is. The Kings used loser points to make the playoffs. Then to win the Cup they played a terrible Vancouver, they murdered St. Louis' best defenseman right out the gate, Arizona in the Conference Finals (lol!), and the poopy cherry on top, Jersey who was without their superstar.

Yeah, I'm in no way shape or form bitter about the 2012 Stanley Chump Champions.

/tirade over