The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ZTHER

Kings Catch All - 8

13 hours ago, PetrSykora said:

I'd rather just bring back Bieksa and I'm deadass serious

With a cursorary glance at UFA defensemen. Edler, Kronwall, Sbisa. I'm genuinely scared. And that's before you add in Methot, Engelland, and Orpik.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:57 PM, Fisix said:

i totally forgot the kings hired Todd.  ouch.

LOL, Kings.

On 6/21/2019 at 1:13 PM, Drake12 said:

LOL, Kings.

Yeaaaaah but they hired Yawney. Smartest thing they've done in awhile. Kinda, really, not happy about that.

• Like 1

McLellan called out a couple of Kings today in the Register. It's one thing to do it in the locker room, but public like that is brutal imo. 

There is word this afternoon that LA has informed Ilya Kovalchuk he will be out of the lineup for the foreseeable future. He is welcome to practice with the club, but he will not be playing. Obviously, more details as they occur.

FYI: LAKs on the hook for $6.25 million this season and next.

Edited by DuckFan4Life
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

There is word this afternoon that LA has informed Ilya Kovalchuk he will be out of the lineup for the foreseeable future. He is welcome to practice with the club, but he will not be playing. Obviously, more details as they occur.

FYI: LAKs on the hook for $6.25 million this season and next.

Update:

A reminder as reported before that Kovalchuk’s final signing bonus money is payable Dec. 15 after which he’s only collecting on his $700k salary for the rest of the season. He does, however, have a $4.25 M salary on the books for next season... if he’s still in the NHL
  • Thanks 1

Kinks are a mess, Kovalshmuck is a bum and serves him right. Let's enjoy their long and tough rebuild collectively.

Seems like every time the Queens play a division rival they always, ALWAYS give up a 3 point game.  Not that it matters this season but I still find it extremely annoying. In the past it made it difficult for the Ducks to either catch a division rival or increase a points lead. Anytime a Kings game ending in regulation would help the Ducks they always seem to take it to overtime.

6 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Seems like every time the Queens play a division rival they always, ALWAYS give up a 3 point game.  Not that it matters this season but I still find it extremely annoying. In the past it made it difficult for the Ducks to either catch a division rival or increase a points lead. Anytime a Kings game ending in regulation would help the Ducks they always seem to take it to overtime.

Yeah, this is one season where it 3-point doesn’t matter or if the Kings finish ahead of us in the standings. 

On 11/26/2019 at 7:59 AM, BombaysTripleDeke said:

Yeah, this is one season where it 3-point doesn’t matter or if the Kings finish ahead of us in the standings. 

I still hate how the Kings lost their way into the 2012 playoffs with loser points. They were third in most OT loses, Calgary had one more OT loss, who was the 9th seed. Florida had 18 loser points that year!

My point is. The Kings used loser points to make the playoffs. Then to win the Cup they played a terrible Vancouver, they murdered St. Louis' best defenseman right out the gate, Arizona in the Conference Finals (lol!), and the poopy cherry on top, Jersey who was without their superstar.

Yeah, I'm in no way shape or form bitter about the 2012 Stanley Chump Champions.

/tirade over

• Thanks 1