The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ZTHER

Kings Catch All - 8

7 minutes ago, Spike1981 said:

looks good.

3-1 end of 1st, and Jim Fox just said the losing streak ends today. Sorry :(

The Kings are hot bleeping garbage so I’m expecting them to lose in regulation. At least the Hawks are only 6 points up on us so them getting points is good too.

Edited by Spencer_12

At least LA has a plan moving forward.  Kinda wonder if Anaheim has firmly established one.

38 minutes ago, BombaysTripleDeke said:

The Kings get an A+ for their video explaining the logic of their moves this season, putting out their path towards success moving forward. 

Did you guys see that Toffoli stick break breakaway!? After he slammed that same stick in frustration against the glass in the penalty box?? lolololol so amazing

1 minute ago, Jasoaks said:

Did you guys see that Toffoli stick break breakaway!? After he slammed that same stick in frustration against the glass in the penalty box?? lolololol so amazing

Yeah :D

8 minutes ago, Fowl said:

At least LA has a plan moving forward.  Kinda wonder if Anaheim has firmly established one.

Absolutely. its one of my biggest gripes with Murray. They don’t seem to have a cohesive plan that they are committed to, or if they do then they are doing a horrible job explaining it to fans. Neither inspires confidence lol.

• Like 3

• The Athletic’s Lisa Dillman (subscription required) suggests that this may be Jonathan Quick’s last season in Los Angeles as the team might be looking to trade their longtime goaltender. With a solid season by backup Jack Campbell and the impressive play of rookie Calvin Petersen, the team could consider moving on from Quick. While most teams in need of a goaltender might be looking at Sergei Bobrovsky as their first choice, Quick might make a solid second option for teams who miss out on Bobrovsky. Of course, the 33-year-old Quick isn’t having his best season as he has just 11 wins, a 3.31 GAA and a .897 save percentage and is owed $5.8MM for four more years. However, most people expect Quick to rebound after a tough, injury-plagued season.
  • Like 1

Interesting, Dustin Brown is the same age as Kesler, but still scoring goals, making assists and on the pace to collect 45 points this season. At least, he is producing something for his team.

39 minutes ago, FanSince1993 said:

Interesting, Dustin Brown is the same age as Kesler, but still scoring goals, making assists and on the pace to collect 45 points this season. At least, he is producing something for his team.

I'd rather have Kesler in a wheelchair on the ice scoring nothing but hotdogs at intermission than a piece of poop like Dustin "there goes your knees" Brown.

• Like 7

I heard he is a great leader in the locker room. Players hate to play against him but would love to have him on their team. Still producing well for his age. If, hypothetically, a trade between Kesler for Brown was possible, I wouldn't even hesitate a second.

1 hour ago, FanSince1993 said:

I heard he is a great leader in the locker room. Players hate to play against him but would love to have him on their team. Still producing well for his age. If, hypothetically, a trade between Kesler for Brown was possible, I wouldn't even hesitate a second.

That makes me physically uncomfortable during my breakfast. Well played. What's the next step ? Giordano ? Marchand ? Keith ? Torres ? Cooke ?

Edited by Myuyum

7 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

I wouldn’t hesitate either... to scream “No F’ing Way!” and then hang up the phone. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

The drop in performance is injury related.  You can never fault his effort.

On 3/2/2019 at 4:54 PM, DuckFan4Life said:
  • The Athletic’s Lisa Dillman (subscription required) suggests that this may be Jonathan Quick’s last season in Los Angeles as the team might be looking to trade their longtime goaltender. With a solid season by backup Jack Campbell and the impressive play of rookie Calvin Petersen, the team could consider moving on from Quick. While most teams in need of a goaltender might be looking at Sergei Bobrovsky as their first choice, Quick might make a solid second option for teams who miss out on Bobrovsky. Of course, the 33-year-old Quick isn’t having his best season as he has just 11 wins, a 3.31 GAA and a .897 save percentage and is owed $5.8MM for four more years. However, most people expect Quick to rebound after a tough, injury-plagued season.

I believe Quick will rebound and be an effective netminder.  Definitely someone a contender with goaltending issues to consider.  Columbus will need a goaltender soon.  

Edited by Fowl

22 hours ago, FanSince1993 said:

I heard he is a great leader in the locker room. Players hate to play against him but would love to have him on their team. Still producing well for his age. If, hypothetically, a trade between Kesler for Brown was possible, I wouldn't even hesitate a second...

...to tell the Kings they can go to hell.  

The only reason - THE ONLY REASON - to trade for Dustin Brown is so Perry can shove a stick into his back and we can use him on the ice as the human broom he was meant to be.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Fowl said:

I believe Quick will rebound and be an effective netminder.  Definitely someone a contender with goaltending issues to consider.  Columbus will need a goaltender soon.  

The fact that he is constantly injured and owed $5.8M for the next 4 years will likely limit the return quite significantly. Also the fact that his stats this year suck. LA aren't exactly negotiating from a position of strength on this one.

On 3/3/2019 at 10:38 AM, FanSince1993 said:

your screen name should be revoked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JiggyToTheCup said:

your screen name should be revoked.

Excuse me? For real, you wouldn't trade Kesler for Dustin Brown? Are you  fool or what?  Talking about screen name, you are the one who need to change it. Jiggy is gone long time ago. Same fro BlazingEtem.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:52 AM, nieder said:

The fact that he is constantly injured and owed $5.8M for the next 4 years will likely limit the return quite significantly. Also the fact that his stats this year suck. LA aren't exactly negotiating from a position of strength on this one.

I think it was you, who posted that Columbus might be royally screwed next season if all their free agents flee. What better place for Quick? Alas, you can dream.

On 3/3/2019 at 11:19 AM, Myuyum said:

That makes me physically uncomfortable during my breakfast. Well played. What's the next step ? Giordano ? Marchand ? Keith ? Torres ? Cooke ?

Remember when the Ducks had Perry, Laperriere and Ruutu? I could legitimately understand why opposing fans hated us at that point. And that was still like a quarter season or something.

Edited by poum