The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ZTHER

Kings Catch All - 8

4 hours ago, poum said:

Remember when the Ducks had Perry, Laperriere and Ruutu? I could legitimately understand why opposing fans hated us at that point. And that was still like a quarter season or something.

Slight correction: Lapierre, not Laperriere.

5 minutes ago, gorbachav5 said:

Slight correction: Lapierre, not Laperriere.

Thanks. I knew I had it wrong. I didn't care enough to get Lappys name right.

Edited by poum

On 3/3/2019 at 9:38 AM, FanSince1993 said:

I heard he is a great leader in the locker room. Players hate to play against him but would love to have him on their team. Still producing well for his age. If, hypothetically, a trade between Kesler for Brown was possible, I wouldn't even hesitate a second.

He was stripped of the “C”.

Players hate to play against him because they value their knees. 

Brown hasn't scored 30 points in any of the Kings' past four seasons. (That was posted in 2016.) so he wasn’t producing well for his age at the time and the Kings couldn’t trade him for a bag of pucks. 

• Like 2

On 3/10/2019 at 5:15 AM, poum said:

I think it was you, who posted that Columbus might be royally screwed next season if all their free agents flee. What better place for Quick? Alas, you can dream.

Yeah but what do Columbus have left to trade for him? Lol.

On 3/12/2019 at 1:47 PM, nieder said:

Yeah but what do Columbus have left to trade for him? Lol.

They got... Uhh... Stuff.

2019 3rd and a 7th to take on Quicks $5.8 over another five years. CBJ might have all of $19M open if Bob, Panarin and Dutchy bail in UFA. [/shrugs]

It's a long shot and won't happen. But a boy can dream...

Edited by poum

19 hours ago, Fowl said:

The Kings know how to tank...

I don't think they are tanking since they are continuing to ice their normal lineup. Players have contracts to play for on top of the pride of actually competing. They aren't really doing anything different than the Ducks other than just playing worse. My guess is that they'll be the most active team in the offseason. They are on track to getting a guaranteed top-5 pick which should be their goal.

2 hours ago, g20topdogg said:

We'll probably start seeing players with nagging injuries start to end their seasons though. 

Maybe. They haven’t needed to sit players to get into the position they are in lol. If they did do that, then you can’t really blame them for it. 

Clifford throwing punches while his opponent is on the ice.

Where is Brookbank when you need him?

31 minutes ago, poum said:

Clifford throwing punches while his opponent is on the ice.

Where is Brookbank when you need him?

Brookbank used to own Clifford.  Sheldon was a very tough guy.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Brookbank used to own Clifford.  Sheldon was a very tough guy.

I had the good fortune to be at Staples when Sheldon Brookbank decided Kyle Clifford needed facial reconstruction surgery.

Fun fact: Brookbank is an assistant coach for the Blackhawks. Screw that team, trying to out tank the Ducks. But good for him getting a post-playing job.

Edited by poum
  • Like 2

I YouTube'd it. I forgot the whole situation started because JMFJ boarded Teemu.

1 hour ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Per Sportsnet, with last night’s loss, the Kings are officially eliminated from playoff contention. 

LOL KINGS LOL

Also: tank kings tank and get the 4th pick.

Leave it to the Kings to turn Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy calling a hockey game into the most cringeworthy thing on tv. I like the guy but this is actually painful. Doesn't help that the team he has to pretend to care about is absolute butt.

• Haha 1

On 3/21/2019 at 8:50 PM, PetrSykora said:

Leave it to the Kings to turn Will Ferrell as Ron Burgundy calling a hockey game into the most cringeworthy thing on tv. I like the guy but this is actually painful. Doesn't help that the team he has to pretend to care about is absolute butt.

Yeaaaaaah... That was. Unpleasant. And then kid from the Sixth Sense.

There was also that time that pothead traitor who switched teams on us. I watched that one episode of the reality TV when Pronger was trying to teach Snoops kids how to ice skate. Since then he's mostly done promo's for the Kings. Bandwagon butthole.

• Sad 1

https://www.jrkingshockey.com/news_article/show/1008248

@TheAthleticLA 

Los Angeles-based youth hockey program suspends players, coaches over anti-Semitic video.

From @KatieJStrang

A Los Angeles-based youth hockey team suspended 15 players and three coaches last month after a video was posted on social media showing one player appearing to do a Nazi salute and other players making what sound like anti-Semitic remarks.

The nine-second video, which was briefly posted on social media and later obtained by The Athletic, features one player from the LA Jr. Kings 14U Bantam AAA team appearing to do the salute while several others laugh. Individuals can then be heard saying what sounds like “Are you a Nazi?” and then “frak the Jews” and “fraking Jews.” Not all the players in the video comment and only one raises his arm in what appears to be a Nazi salute.

In response to calls from The Athletic, the LA Jr. Kings forwarded a statement last Friday that was later posted on its website. It reads, in part: “Today the LAJK communicated to the players & coaches that as a component of their suspension they will be required to participate in...

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Aksun said:

Some LA fans just deserve to burn. What a trash heap.

In other L.A. news, another fan beaten in Dodger stadium parking lot.

• Sad 1

Quick pulled in the third after letting in seven.  Flames 7 Kings 2.  Tank embraced.

Slava Voynov suspended for the entire 2019 - 2020 season and postseason for "unacceptable off-ice conduct" NHL announced today.

better way to put it:

Voynov, who was suspended indefinitely in 2014, has had his effectively banned-for-life suspension cut by the NHL such that his suspension ends, earliest, the 2020-2021 season.

Eh, more washed up russian vets to the kinks - Kovalchuk helped them a lot this year. Helped to tank like silly, that is.

I don't think the Kings really meant to tank...they didn't get Kovalchuk to tank...they will be helped with whomever they get at #5...but...their core is just going to be that much older...Quick especially. Campbell looks legit, but not prime Quick status. Doughty has some great years ahead....Koitar does, too. Carter might be on the down swing...Kovalchuk looks to be a shell of his former self. Brown is whatever. He seems to be playing better now than he was a few years ago...but probably on the down swing, too. This #5 guy will help, and probably could be NHL ready next season. But it's not really going to solidify them to be back in the playoffs next season. Unless Quick can really turn it on.