The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
ZTHER

Kings Catch All - 8

27 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Love it as much as the next guy when Kings throws a tantrum, especially the 5 yo in the net, but I feel bad for this one, he is defending for 20s alone, the others are just looking. He at least tried.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Myuyum said:

Love it as much as the next guy when Kings throws a tantrum, especially the 5 yo in the net, but I feel bad for this one, he is defending for 20s alone, the others are just looking. He at least tried.

Doughty is a warrior.
Would love him on the Ducks.

• Like 2

I don't know, I always loved it when Jiggy broke his sticks. That was always entertaining. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Myuyum said:

Agree that he had a right to be miffed at his teammates who didn’t seem to help while he was throwing himself all over the front of the net to prevent a goal, but I have a beef with him since he made comments about the Ducks not being that good or something to that effect. To me he’s a bit arrogant so I loved watching him not only lose the battle but throw a fit afterwards. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2018 at 1:10 AM, DucksFan_08 said:

Not saying I don't think it's funny but that's passion right there. Guy doesn't quit on the play. Wish we had a little more of that.

Dude that’s all heart no quit. No other queen on the ice was helping out nearly as much or with as much intensity. I don’t really like him but seeing that clip really makes me appreciate him a bit more 

reminds me of other guys who played with intensity, Bill Guerin and Doan come to mind. Those guys were hustlers Ovi too I’d say. Guys who just played all out when they were on. 

Edited by RobD360

The first period of Hawks Kings is absolutely pathetic. Chicago is worse than Buffalo & Arizona by a Vermette mile.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Myuyum said:

The first period of Hawks Kings is absolutely pathetic. Chicago is worse than Buffalo & Arizona by a Vermette mile.

Team gave up. I wonder if they’re tanning on purprose. You’d think Kane, Keith, Toews would be good enough just to get you some points 

Jets look like they are for real.

Wish they would just stop the game right now.
I started Kuemper on my fantasy team.
Only 1 goal given up and a King's loss would be a win win for me.

That had to be the ultimate Jim Foxism of all time.

"Its not like the Jets are controlling the pace but they are just playing at the pace that they like to play."

:huh::wacko::blink:

Uhhhh Jim, I'm no genius but doesn't that sort of mean that the Jets are controlling the pace then?

Edited by wataduk

20 minutes ago, wataduk said:

That had to be the ultimate Jim Foxism of all time.

"Its not like the Jets are controlling the pace but they are just playing at the pace that they like to play."

:huh::wacko::blink:

Uhhhh Jim, I'm no genius but doesn't that sort of mean that the Jets are controlling the pace then?

Hmmm....seems Jim thinks they're just playing at their pace and the Kings are playing at their pace on the same ice?

7 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Hmmm....seems Jim thinks they're just playing at their pace and the Kings are playing at their pace on the same ice?

:lol:

26 minutes ago, Myuyum said:

Kings & Sharks 2pts tonight :(

I don't really mind the Charks beating the Blues.
It leaves the Ducks only 1 pt behind the Blues for a wild card berth with both both teams having played the same amount of games.
Blues are one of the few teams in contention for a playoff spot that do not have games in hand on the Ducks.

3 hours ago, wataduk said:

I don't really mind the Charks beating the Blues.
It leaves the Ducks only 1 pt behind the Blues for a wild card berth with both both teams having played the same amount of games.
Blues are one of the few teams in contention for a playoff spot that do not have games in hand on the Ducks.

I don't like saying it but I'm starting to think the sharks are running away with 2nd place. That leaves us, the kings & the flames for #3 or a wild card spot (together with the avs, blues & wild as it stands now).  

12 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

I don't like saying it but I'm starting to think the sharks are running away with 2nd place. That leaves us, the kings & the flames for #3 or a wild card spot (together with the avs, blues & wild as it stands now).  

Yeah, I thought losing Thornton would be a bit of a challenge for them but they seem to have hardly missed him at all.
The Kings flat out scare me especially with the addition of Phaneuf.
Getting Carter back in time for the playoff push is going to feel like a blockbuster deadline trade acquisition for them.

#Tradecentre UPDATE: #Coyotes acquire G Darcy Kuemper from the #Kings in exchange for F Tobias Rieder and G Scott Wedgewood. Arizona also extend Kuemper to two-year, $3.7 million deal.

Coyotes retain 15 percent of Rieder salary/cap hit https://twitter.com/LAKings/status/966463553052880896 

Pierre LeBrun added,

Edited by DuckFan4Life

4 minutes ago, nieder said:

Kings add forward depth. With Carter coming back they suddenly look a lot deeper. 

I don't get the trade... Kuemper is EXACTLY the type of backup you want as a playoff team... Wedgewood? Not so much...

1 hour ago, ZTHER said:

I don't get the trade... Kuemper is EXACTLY the type of backup you want as a playoff team... Wedgewood? Not so much...

If they lose Quick they're screwed...but if he stays healthy and hot then they will look dangerous.

5 hours ago, nieder said:

Kings add forward depth. With Carter coming back they suddenly look a lot deeper. 

This is the part I don't like. But should quick miss some time (though we won't be that lucky) they might be in trouble.

6 hours ago, ZTHER said:

I definitely don't like seeing the Kings get Rieder.  This is a guy that has hurt the Ducks over the past few years.  

They felt like they wouldn't be able to sign DK after the season, so they decided to get something out of it.