DuckFan4Life

Trade Deadline

226 posts in this topic

WORKING ON A DEAL: Senators scratch Johnny Oduya for Saturday tilt with Flyers as they work to deal the veteran defenceman: bit.ly/2FrFlPC

A few key points to remember in regards Johnny Oduya's contract:

- M-NTC (10 team No Trade list)
- $225,806 remaining on his $1M salary
- $250K bonus if he hits 65 games played
- $250k bonus if he finishes top 5 & top 3 in TOI
- $250k bonus if his club qualifies for the playoffs

Edited by DuckFan4Life

Things progressing on the Rick Nash front. Rangers got an offer today to consider. But still other teams in the mix, too Not out of the question that a deal gets done in next 24 hours.

Arpon Basu: Canadiens coach Claude Julien: “There’s no doubt guys are talking about Tomas not being in the lineup and what could happen and what couldn’t happen. I’m being very honest here, there has been no trade that’s been made and he could very well be back. So it’s a precaution.”

The Bruins will be retaining half of Matt Beleskey’s contract, which is huge for the Rangers since he is signed for two more seasons. The Rangers will retain half of Rick Nash’s contract, which matters greatly for Boston this season but little for NYR since he’s pending UFA.

I have no idea why vegas, a team in contention, would facilitate that trade. It’s rediculous. 

TRADE 3-way To #CBJNHL_2017_2018_BlueJackets.png Mark Letestu To #PredsNHL_2017_2018_Preds.png 2018 4th round pick To #Oilers Pontus Aberg

TRADECENTRE ALERT: The #Oilers trade forward Mark Letestu to the #Predators for forward Pontus Aberg. #Predators then trade Letestu to the #BlueJackets for a 2018 4th-Round pick. https://www.tsn.ca/1.1010682  #TSNHockey

Edited by DuckFan4Life

Aberg > Letestu

He's not going to be getting fed perfect passes by McDavid on the Oiler's first PP unit anymore. Basically all he had going for him the last two seasons. Meanwhile Aberg was clutch as hell for them in the playoffs. Pointless trade for the sake of trading and I like it. 

Edit: Didn't even realize he was heading back to Columbus lol. I guess that makes a little more sense because they don't have the same degree of forward depth. Still not expecting much from him though. 

Edited by PetrSykora

1 hour ago, DucksProg said:

What about picking up Oduya for defensive depth? Surely he'd be an upgrade over Beauch.

This is interesting given the Oilers said Maroon didn't play last night due to a nagging LBI.

The action has heated up, no surprise, on Patrick Maroon with Rick Nash dealt. Told that 7 teams have been in touch with the Oilers. Potential for a trade before the day ends although that's still tough to predict at this juncture.

Heh. If Boston was able to sneak Beleskey into their trade, I guess it sounds a lot less crazy that Ottawa is trying to tack on Bobby Ryan with Karlsson. 

2 hours ago, Fisix said:

I have no idea why vegas, a team in contention, would facilitate that trade. It’s rediculous. 

Probably has goodwill left over from the Knights nabbing Fleury.

1 person likes this

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of getting Kane as a rental if he can be brought in without sacrificing much from the prospect/draft pick cupboard.
The guy has talent and is playing for a contract so would no doubt bust his butt for 2 months in order to get a nice payday.

2 people like this

Nashville is clearly going for broke this year. If the Ducks don't fair well or go very far I think I am going to root for Vegas. They have several former Ducks on the team, and if the Ducks are not in contention why not root for some history to be made?

2 people like this

Ducks have a foot in on E. Kane? Blah. I actually really like him as a player but judging by his off-ice behaviour, he's the type of conflicting player you just struggle to root for. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt when he was in Winnipeg. The things they attacked him for were straight up ridiculous. Tracksuits and posing with money is such a Canadian hockey team thing to take issue with so I was glad when he got a chance to get away from that dump. Unfortunately his off-ice behaviour got worse in Buffalo. If there's something to be said I guess it's his numbers have held up in spite of all his injuries and he's never really been in a position to succeed in his career. A move to a team like Anaheim could straighten him out. I wouldn't be totally against it depending on the price.

2 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

Nashville is clearly going for broke this year. If the Ducks don't fair well or go very far I think I am going to root for Vegas. They have several former Ducks on the team, and if the Ducks are not in contention why not root for some history to be made?

Can’t root for a team the NHL gifted a more than decent expansion roster to, especially when it hurt the depth of the Ducks organization. 

3 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

Can’t root for a team the NHL gifted a more than decent expansion roster to, especially when it hurt the depth of the Ducks organization. 

Anyone but mustard is my stance this season. I'm so serious about it that it even includes those dirtbags in Dallas and LA. 

5 people like this

1 minute ago, PetrSykora said:

Anyone but mustard is my stance this season. I'm so serious about it that it even includes those dirtbags in Dallas and LA. 

It could end up being REALLY hard rooting for anyone in the West. Go East Go.

2 people like this

If I was Carlyle I wouls sit Getzlaf game for that behind the back pass.

Edited by Shadowduck

42 minutes ago, Spencer_12 said:

It could end up being REALLY hard rooting for anyone in the West. Go East Go.

Not if it is the Pens.

3 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

Never said that. 

Ah. Well, the context of my “Go East Go” was anyone in the East vs anyone in the West. I think the only Western team I could root for at this point is the Blues.

Edited by Spencer_12
2 people like this