The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DuckFan4Life

Trade Deadline

Just now, Spencer_12 said:

Ah. Well, the context of my “Go East Go” was anyone in the East vs anyone in the West.

And my response was to say under no circumstance would I root for the Pens to  get a third straight cup.  If the western team was one that I despise I would just tune out for the  finals. But never going to root for the Pens. 

2 minutes ago, Shadowduck said:

And my response was to say under no circumstance would I root for the Pens to  get a third straight cup.  If the western team was one that I despise I would just tune out for the  finals. But never going to root for the Pens. 

I’d call it rooting against vs rooting for. If it’s Kings vs Pens I’m rooting against the Kings. 

Just now, Spencer_12 said:

I call it rooting against vs rooting for. If it’s Kings vs Pens I’m rooting against the Kings. 

in that situation I am not going to like either outcome so I will just start my off season early.

2 hours ago, Shadowduck said:

If I was Carlyle I wouls sit Getzlaf game for that behind the back pass.

And after tonight?

12 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Sounds like CHI/NASH working on something...Ryan Hartman is someone who interest the Predators

Hartman isn't on the ice so it seems like he's on the move.

TRADE ALERT: #stlblues have acquired a first-round pick, a fourth-round pick and prospect Erik Foley from Winnipeg in exchange for Paul Stastny.

Chris JohnstonVerified account @reporterchris
FollowingFollowing @reporterchris
More

Paul Stastny is a pending UFA. The #stlblues retain 50% of his remaining salary.

2 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

TRADE ALERT: #stlblues have acquired a first-round pick, a fourth-round pick and prospect Erik Foley from Winnipeg in exchange for Paul Stastny.

Blues selling it appears

VGK and VAN working to finalize a trade. Forward Brendan Leipsic sounds like he’s heading to VAN. Potential return would be defenseman Philip Holm.

Philip Holm from Vancouver to Vegas for Brendan Leipsic

Jets are going to be formidable. As long as they knock out Nashville I'm OK with that.

1 minute ago, DucksProg said:

The West has officially become a MOUNTAIN to climb and I don't see the Ducks being a climber with the proper equipment.

Nashville is certainly working hard to improve. I think the Fisher signing was just for him to retire with a SC.

2 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Nashville is certainly working hard to improve. I think the Fisher signing was just for him to retire with a SC.

Here's to them failing in that.

Jets or Vegas from West, Tampa, Toronto or Boston from East into the Finals or it's a bust for me.

OFC would love Ducks there, but don't see it.

Well I guess that means the blues are officially throwing in the towel. The Jets gearing up. If we don't make it, anybody but the preds.

44 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

Chris JohnstonVerified account @reporterchris
FollowingFollowing @reporterchris
More

Paul Stastny is a pending UFA. The #stlblues retain 50% of his remaining salary.

Elliotte Friedman Retweeted Ken Wiebe

One of the conditions on the WIN/STL deal. There is lottery protection on the first-rounder in the unlikely event WIN misses the playoffs

As for the conditions of the deal, #NHLJets will only surrender the 2020 4th-rounder if F Erik Foley doesn't sign a contract with #stlblues by Aug. 16 of 2019. Would say there's a better than average chance Foley leaves Providence College after his junior season.

1 minute ago, nieder said:

Also posted this in the other thread but we're kind of all over the place.

I really wouldn’t mind Pacioretty. Much more than Jack Johnson

11 minutes ago, nieder said:

Also posted this in the other thread but we're kind of all over the place.

Yeah. There were posts in several places for forwards, defensemen, etc. so I was trying to combine the posts in one place.