The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
DuckFan4Life

Trade Deadline

41 minutes ago, ZTHER said:

I somewhat get the attachment to Wagner... but Chimera plays the left wing, can still skate and Anaheim is overloaded on the right. Both contracts are up...

Guys like Wagner are going to see 7-8 minutes come the playoffs. It's really a non-move...

Sorry but all this trade does is make an older slower team even older and slower. 

I hope I’m wrong but it looks like Chimera is done. He has 2 goals on one of the best offensive teams in the league. 

4 minutes ago, poum said:

I'm trying to not hate this. I'm trying to jump through all the hoops to make sense of this. But... there's no polishing this terd. Wagner has more goals and points on a Ducks team that can't be bothered to score on the Arizona Coyotes. Where as the Islanders are 5th in goals for. 

I feel you.  But they're going off past stats, not just this season.  It's not entirely fair, but it might be good for both us and Wags.  He needs more ice time than RC will give him.

Two more thoughts.

Devils are quickly becoming the Anaheim Ducks of future past, and I still can't really support them.

...and, who will be the potentially available coaches this summer?

• Like 1

Interesting thing to say when you haven't gotten to your current team yet.

Pat Maroon in SJ says he may circle back to EDM on July 1: "Nothing but good things to say about this organization."

13 minutes ago, Fisix said:

I feel you.  But they're going off past stats, not just this season.  It's not entirely fair, but it might be good for both us and Wags.  He needs more ice time than RC will give him.

Hey! You found a bright side. Wagner did potentially land himself in a good spot. Be interesting what the Islanders do in the off season with Tavares. 

20 minutes ago, nieder said:

Sorry but all this trade does is make an older slower team even older and slower. 

I hope I’m wrong but it looks like Chimera is done. He has 2 goals on one of the best offensive teams in the league. 

Edit: Looked at Chimera this year and he still has speed. So maybe we don't get slower after all....

#NHLDucks Executive Vice President and General Manager Bob Murray on today's deadline: "You have to go into it w/ certain goals and certain things you won't move. There was a lot of activity in a lot places. We're happy w/ what we've done. Deeper, have a veteran group."

Murray says part of his goal was for his team to get faster. With the addition of Chris Kelly and Jason Chimera, he feels the team added speed, energy and leadership.

Bob Murray said he wasn't moving his first-round pick or any other assets that he didn't want to deal at this point. Said the kind of players that went for second-round picks previously now went for firsts.

Edited by DuckFan4Life

1 minute ago, DuckFan4Life said:

So, according to BM, the team needed MORE leadership. 

So Getzlaf, Kesler, Buechemen, Bieksa are not leaders? I don't understand Bob's thinking at all. In a game that's getting younger and faster Bob gets two 35+ players on their last legs. If he could not have gotten anything worthwhile he should have stood pat.

Only thing I can think of is that The other team reached out to Bob looking for something and Bob threw them Wags.

7 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks-gm-murray-shares-thoughts-on-chimera-kelly-and-trade-deadline/c-296390258

"We're right at the edge of being in the playoffs, and we have numerous people who have struggled. I think these guys can help us get our act together."

Seriously, dude? Shaking my damned head.

Also, Maroon's getting a warm welcome in Jersey. https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/968248828829798401

58 minutes ago, nieder said:

Edit: Looked at Chimera this year and he still has speed. So maybe we don't get slower after all....

I keep getting Jason Blake analogies.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DuckFan4Life said:

https://www.nhl.com/ducks/news/ducks-gm-murray-shares-thoughts-on-chimera-kelly-and-trade-deadline/c-296390258

"We're right at the edge of being in the playoffs, and we have numerous people who have struggled. I think these guys can help us get our act together."

Translation: "Look, we're technically in a playoff spot right now, so I can't in good conscience sell any assets.  Who would I sell anyway?  Vermette?  Ha, like anyone wants Vermette.  On the other hand, we just took one out of four points from freaking Arizona and Edmonton.  And we got pretty lucky to get that one point.  Thankfully Edmonton's defense and goaltending is garbage.  But if we're going to get one point from those two doormats, I sure as hell am not going to spend any future assets to upgrade the team when we'll be lucky to get past the first round of the playoffs."

• Like 1

I see what BM did here. With the Chimera trade he laid the groundwork for a Tavares trade in the summer :lol: You know establish some bond of confidence with the isles and creating some history. It's as good as done :ph34r:

• Like 2