The Official Site of the Anaheim Ducks
Sign in to follow this  
ZTHER

Charks - Catch All

2 hours ago, dtsdlaw said:

Nashville fans losing their minds on Twitter over the disallowed goal tonight. A few surprising things I’ve learned from the Preds faithful as a result:

1. The league hates Forsberg and tries to punish him every chance it gets.

2. Jabbing your stick into a goaltenders glove and spinning him around is not goaltender interference unless you have a skate in the crease.

3. Luongo is so nimble and strong that he can reach out and grab an opponent’s stick with his catching glove while simultaneously squeezing his arms against his side to keep the puck from leaking out.

4. The league is actively rooting for a team from South Florida to make the playoffs over teams from Philadelphia and New Kersey because, you know, ratings.

Twitter is pure gold sometimes. :lol:

Gold is not the substance I would use as analogous to Twitter in light of those observations.  But alas, the substance I am thinking of cannot be uttered here on this family blog.

Way to Chark it, Charks!

7 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Incredible that the stars are still in it. I hope they're out by the time we play them.

They're out. They can only match Colorado or St Louis on points, and both of those teams own the ROW tiebreaker. So Dallas is done.

9 hours ago, DucksFan_08 said:

Incredible that the stars are still in it. I hope they're out by the time we play them.

I find it incredible that they're out and yet they had the energy and motivation to stage a road comeback against a pretty good team.

11 hours ago, nieder said:

Classic Charking Charks. They were outshooting Dallas something like 32-6 one one point. Take a lead into the 3rd period and give up 3 straight to lose on home ice. Amazing.

If there's one thing you can count on in hockey, it's the Sharks choking in or adjacent to the playoffs.

Sigh.

1 hour ago, Fisix said:

If there's one thing you can count on in hockey, it's the Sharks choking in or adjacent to the playoffs.

Sigh.

Be nice if we leapfrog the Kings and the Charks choke against us. 

15 hours ago, nieder said:

They're out. They can only match Colorado or St Louis on points, and both of those teams own the ROW tiebreaker. So Dallas is done.

Oops my bad. Well don't matter anymore now.

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:05 PM, nieder said:

While I understand them signing him I think that's a lot of money and term for him. Don't get me wrong, he played really well for the sharks and he's probably just now entering his prime but his point totals aren't that impressive. I also seem to recall he has had some injury issues in the past.
If they were still a candidate for JT I think this takes them out of the race.

It's a decent price if he stays healthy.  Even if he stays healthy 6 out of those 7 years.  We'll see.

WOW Doug Wilson is a wizard.

Gets rid of Boedker and his $4M cap hit and adds a bunch of draft picks. By the time the cap goes up the Sharks are going to have like $15M in cap space with only a couple of RFAs that need signing. They can make a serious play for Tavares.

37 minutes ago, nieder said:

Gets rid of Boedker and his $4M cap hit and adds a bunch of draft picks. By the time the cap goes up the Sharks are going to have like $15M in cap space with only a couple of RFAs that need signing. They can make a serious play for Tavares.

Notice this was largely possible by not sticking with long time Shark and aging vet Marleu. Wilson is making some good decisions to quickly retool and stay relevant in a highly competitive league. They’ve got a good team. Signing Kane who had great chemistry with them is good. He’s young, plays hard and is healthy. Wonder if Thornton sticks around for a team friendly contract. SJ is definitely going to be a playoff team. 

The San Jose experience didn’t last long for Mike Hoffman, as the Sharks have flipped their newest forward to the Florida Panthers in exchange for 2019 second, 2018 fourth and 2018 fifth round picks. The Sharks will include a 2018 seventh along with Hoffman, who moves from Ottawa to San Jose to Florida in a matter of hours. There is no retained salary in the trade.

14 hours ago, nieder said:

I still think Tavares stays on Long Island but if he ends up in san jose I'm gonna cry.

7 hours ago, Myuyum said:

And Hertl hat trick in OT after Caps failed twice a 3 on 1.. Awful.

Dey be needing some Trotz in deir morning cerealz.

Sad to see how the Charks are what they were expected to be: a contender from the lowly Pacific.